• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT | Borne of Souls

From what I have watched, it's every bit as much of an RPG as any Souls game is. In fact, it looks damn similar in every way except for mobility.

It’s funny because in a different Sekiro thread there’s a post that says “This is more like Tenchu, Souls fans will be disappointed.” Three posts later someone else says “This is more like Souls, Tenchu fans will be disappointed.”

I’ve seen quite a bit of gameplay and I see very Souls-like style with added fresh elements like verticality.

iconmaster

Banned
The prosthetic arm idea is really cool.

gFAPQOd.gif

Pejo

Nice OT! I'll be on vacation when this game drops, so I won't get to enjoy it until next week. It hurts a little.

Only 12gb? Thank god. I'm tired of these humongous downloads. Every game is 50gb - 70gb these days.

Game looks a little dated IMO. Technical prowess isn't From's forte. But it looks good enough. I just hope the PC version is good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Only 12gb? Thank god. I'm tired of these humongous downloads. Every game is 50gb - 70gb these days.

Game looks a little dated IMO. Technical prowess isn't From's forte. But it looks good enough. I just hope the PC version is good.
Just like Atlus they let their art direction do the talking rather than high tech graphics.

GenericUser

Significant impovements to the aesthetics in my book. This will probably the second souls game I'll jump in at full price, first was demon's souls back in the day. The launch date helps a lot with this. Usually a pretty slow time of the year, I need something to "waste" time on.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Although I thought i would get it today, it will only arrive tomorrow. :messenger_confused:
In about 30 hours from now I will be able to post my first impressions.

Skyr

Although I thought i would get it today, it will only arrive tomorrow. :messenger_confused:
In about 30 hours from now I will be able to post my first impressions.

I would have been able to get my hands on one of the console versions today, but decided to hold out for the PC release.
In need this in my veins right now.

Ar¢tos

So many people on my friend list already playing this. Street dates must have been broken all over the world.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Excited for this. Makes me wish I had a good gaming PC though, this variable refresh shit is going to drive me nuts, I can feel it.

ZiriusOne

OH SHIT, my copy just got send out by amazon. It says delivery on friday but mabye i'll get lucky and it comes tomorrow. :messenger_beaming:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Sorry for the double post.

Did you guys see Vaatividya's Sekiro Arm attachment contest? It was effing amazing. People are super talented, I am so jealous.

Alebrije

Winter is coming.....the idea of a single player FROM GAME with no help from other as option is interesting....

Drake

I don't like to pre-purchase games, but I have faith in FROM, so fuck it. I'm all pre-loaded and ready to go.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i think 12am EST for Steam. using a Japan VPN, the Steam store says the game unlocks in 16 hours, so around 3pm 11AM EST tomorrow if that works? Japan is 13 hours ahead of EST, so it becomes the 22nd almost half a day earlier than in the US.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Aaaaand gamestop canceled my collector's because they didn't ship enough... Are you fucking kidding me gamestop....

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Oh man, I can't wait for this. I've been on a complete blackout with the exception of an impressions video from epicnamebro a while ago.

I can't believe the first 3 months of this year for games. I dare say it rivals or even surpasses the games that came out the latter half of last year.

The games graphics still looks ass for a 2019 game i dont think the difficulty will be souls lvls i fear most of you are gonna be disappointed

JB Hi-Fi, you can go in and pre order or pre-order online to collect in store. It's advertised as $64 online.

I don't understand why EB Games is still in business and why people still pay $99.95.

I'd get from there as its SteamWorks but all the PC pages for the game have mysteriously vanished so might just buy direct on Steam

Hotspurr

Banned
Will wait for reviews on this one. Also Activision. I trust From but if they make the difficulty such that I have to spend an hour or two getting past a single boss and that factors into "game length", then I'd rather spend my time in a more practical way. Souls was tedious in some cases, but impressions from Reddit seem to indicate this is even worse in Sekiro.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The games graphics still looks ass for a 2019 game i dont think the difficulty will be souls lvls i fear most of you are gonna be disappointed
FromSoftware never makes graphic intense games compare to something like God of War but let me ask you this why do you think a game like Bloodborne can have crazy amount enemy and boss diversity compare to God of War? I enjoyed GOW, I really did but man the enemy diversity and number bosses in that game is not very good (it crazy how much they used same Troll fight). Some of you guys screaming about want high end graphics in every game but there is cost to it and it not about tech itself but also budget and lots of manpower.

FromSoftware can have crazy amount of enemy and boss types because they don't waste their resource to make shiny graphics and instead they spend their budget in things that actually matter in games and let their excellent art direction do talking and in my opinion Sekiro and fantastic art direction.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Aaaaand gamestop canceled my collector's because they didn't ship enough... Are you fucking kidding me gamestop....

That sucks. I'd throw a fit with their support if I were you. They're giving away a Sekiro letter opener at the stores.

I can't wait to fire this game up. It's been years since Yharnam.

scanferr

How close is this to Dark Souls? I'm rather interested in the game but I must confess I was never a fan of the Dark Souls series (and I never understood why its combat was so praised).

Top Bottom