• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT | Borne of Souls

YukiOnna

Guardian Ape Vanquished!

Once again such a great From boss battle!!

Haha I started my victory celebration too early. I had my controller on the table and I was standing and raising my arms when the fucker woke up and grabbed his head 😅
I saw a Youtube Comment that summed up that boss battle nicely: sHinObI eXeCuTiOn

Absolutely love it though. It's one of my favourite locations in the game, too.

Got pass the Serpent
the one that guards the house
I scratched my head quite a time because of "how to make the monkeys dance" --> had done it and I thought I should make the monkey posse dance, so I killed the all and got the booze.

That remins me how much I love to bring sake to my boys and to listen how happy they get.

Killed two bosses and a few mini bosses.

Life is good.

Btw I might think Sekiro is my favorite from title! The sword combat is just godlike.

I haven't finished BB (played it in 2017 or something like that and quit because it felt too hard) and I'm so pissed off it still doesn't have 60 fps update. I also haven't played DS2 (yet).

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Got pass the Serpent
the one that guards the house
I scratched my head quite a time because of "how to make the monkeys dance" --> had done it and I thought I should make the monkey posse dance, so I killed the all and got the booze.

That remins me how much I love to bring sake to my boys and to listen how happy they get.

Killed two bosses and a few mini bosses.

Life is good.

Btw I might think Sekiro is my favorite from title! The sword combat is just godlike.

I haven't finished BB (played it in 2017 or something like that and quit because it felt too hard) and I'm so pissed off it still doesn't have 60 fps update. I also haven't played DS2 (yet).
I love the puppeteer skill, lol. It's so fucked up when you think about the fact that he impales his hand into their head, but it's cool at the same time.

Yeah, I always made sure to share sake and listen to the stories. Was a nice way to learn more about the setting.

I love the puppeteer skill, lol. It's so fucked up when you think about the fact that he impales his hand into their head, but it's cool at the same time.

Yeah, I always made sure to share sake and listen to the stories. Was a nice way to learn more about the setting.
Gotta touch the brains 😎

I wish the Wolf would start to ramble about his past after some sake.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I would pay a small fee to be able to use the unlockable outfits right off the bat. I want to start the game anew on Xbox but not with the default skin. Is there anyway to do this that I am overlooking?

Today was a good day.
Killed two bosses and two mini bosses.

The real Corrupted Monk was a really good boss fight, but the Divine Dragon was pretty qimmick. My favorite boss fight so far probably is The Owl

Underwater stuff is something I'm not a fan of.

Next on my kill list are the two Headless and the Giant Carp

YukiOnna

Divine Dragon is more a spectacle for sure. You kinda just enjoy it for the ritual. The entrance of The Corrupted Monk and reward with that view of the Fountainhead Palace was so worth it.

Divine Dragon is more a spectacle for sure. You kinda just enjoy it for the ritual. The entrance of The Corrupted Monk and reward with that view of the Fountainhead Palace was so worth it.
Yeah the view and music of the Fountainhead Palace are spectacular.

Is there any way to defend against the flute enemies?

I totally forgot that I actually killed three mini bosses.
Shichimen Warrior, Sakura Bull of the Palace and Okami Leader Shizu

YukiOnna

I would pay a small fee to be able to use the unlockable outfits right off the bat. I want to start the game anew on Xbox but not with the default skin. Is there anyway to do this that I am overlooking?
Are you talking without new game+? I don't think there's a way to do that sadly. One of them is acquired from beating the game once, the other two are from completing the Gauntlets of Strength, which kind of make sense since one of them is actually a spoiler for that story route and ending. I guess you could load a save file if those still exist.

I FUCKING TOLD YOU!!

Demon of Hatred R.I.P.
Enjoy the finale!

YukiOnna

Going to probably start another run. Let's see if I can do it without the charm and w/ demon bell before Elden Ring releases.

I don't have the heart to pursue the Shura route, so I will just go for Purification or Dragon's Return again.

YukiOnna

I got the Immortal Severance Ending and now I'm trying to decide which other ending I'll aim for.
Go for Purification and then Dragons Return I'd say. Purification is my personal favourite. I know Miyazaki said all endings are canon, but DR works as the "True End" I guess.

Then you can try Shura route, which I think you can guess at what point that diverges.

Go for Purification and then Dragons Return I'd say. Purification is my personal favourite. I know Miyazaki said all endings are canon, but DR works as the "True End" I guess.

Then you can try Shura route, which I think you can guess at what point that diverges.
Thanks for the thoughts! I'll have to look for guides.

Yeah the point which leads to Shura is pretty obvious.

On another note I still think Sekiro is my favorite From game.

Fuck me. Owl is kicking my ass in new game+.

I didn't have this much trouble the first time. I know I shouldn't have played other games. Now I'm being punished for my sins.

Is this the one atop Ashina Castle?
Yup.

The reason might be just that I haven't been playing for a while.

Need to be more aggressive.

We had a Fromsoftware drinking night at my friends house and we played Bloodborne this time. Goddamn the game is awesome and I can't believe it still doesn't have 4k60fps update. After Bloodborne Sekiro on PS5 feels just butter smooth.

YukiOnna YukiOnna - Shihan !

I found my touch again and crushed Owl.
But that't not all:

I'm going for the Purification ending so I got to the Hirata Estate and killed the two mini bosses (Shadow was a bit painful) AND Owl Father. What a fight, I absolutely loved it after I got into the rhythm. Didn't even take that many tries. Owl's last words made me feel like a man and touched me inside..

This game is just the best.

YukiOnna

YukiOnna YukiOnna - Shihan !

I found my touch again and crushed Owl.
But that't not all:

I'm going for the Purification ending so I got to the Hirata Estate and killed the two mini bosses (Shadow was a bit painful) AND Owl Father. What a fight, I absolutely loved it after I got into the rhythm. Didn't even take that many tries. Owl's last words made me feel like a man and touched me inside..

This game is just the best.
Excellent!!

Yeah Lone Shadow at the revisit to Hirata is a bit hell, but Father Owl is a beast of a fight. The Mikiri Counter punishers and how none of your prosthetics work on him makes it for a dangerous dance. Enjoy the new story revelations and eventual ending!

Excellent!!

Yeah Lone Shadow at the revisit to Hirata is a bit hell, but Father Owl is a beast of a fight. The Mikiri Counter punishers and how none of your prosthetics work on him makes it for a dangerous dance. Enjoy the new story revelations and eventual ending!

Yeah I just used Kusabimaru, Ichimonji Double and Ako's Sugar. I got gud.

Also got all Beads and "Peak Physical Strength"-trophy after killing the two mini bosses.

I'm thinking about my next move regarding skill points:
should I just get the remaining few skills and the trophy or grind and get my attack power up with the Dancing Dragon Mask? I just need to get to the Fountain Palace pot because he was dead when I found him on my first playthrough

YukiOnna

Yeah I just used Kusabimaru, Ichimonji Double and Ako's Sugar. I got gud.

Also got all Beads and "Peak Physical Strength"-trophy after killing the two mini bosses.

I'm thinking about my next move regarding skill points:
should I just get the remaining few skills and the trophy or grind and get my attack power up with the Dancing Dragon Mask? I just need to get to the Fountain Palace pot because he was dead when I found him on my first playthrough
Personally I went with the former because the stat increase and how it scales with Attack Power is not worth it apparently too much diminishing returns and I remember reading it's like the enemies/bosses scale anyway. Do you know the conditions to have Pot Noble in Fountainhead live?

Personally I went with the former because the stat increase and how it scales with Attack Power is not worth it apparently too much diminishing returns and I remember reading it's like the enemies/bosses scale anyway. Do you know the conditions to have Pot Noble in Fountainhead live?
Yeah the trophy hunter in me wants the trophy.
I didn't know that the enemies scale up 😯
I believe to pot was dead because I turned the other pot in to a Carp?

YukiOnna

Yeah the trophy hunter in me wants the trophy.
I didn't know that the enemies scale up 😯
I believe to pot was dead because I turned the other pot in to a Carp?
Here it is from the reddit:
The wiki has the strength increase curve. Spoilers, you get less gains the more strength you get and it becomes virtually indistinguishable. From 11 strength to 99 is a net increase of roughly 100% more attack so yeah...

Yeah If you ring the bell and give the carp the other Pot Noble's truly precious bait, the fountainhead one will die.

YukiOnna

I hope for a sequel, whether spiritual or direct, they looked at some of the Ultimate Boss mods for how technical the fight design can be and further elevated since Miyazaki said he identified a lot he wants to improve on.

Bartski

Gold Member
I hope for a sequel, whether spiritual or direct, they looked at some of the Ultimate Boss mods for how technical the fight design can be and further elevated since Miyazaki said he identified a lot he wants to improve on.
first thing I'm doing when I finally build a PC is re-play the game with all those badass mods installed. I'd love FROM to release a DLC "hard mode" that looks like this, "inner" boss versions are a cakewalk. So good!

Last edited:

YukiOnna

first thing I'm doing when I finally build a PC is re-play the game with all those badass mods installed. I'd love FROM to release a DLC "hard mode" that looks like this, "inner" boss versions are a cakewalk. So good!
Same. Either another substantial update or Sekiro sequel being the next project after Armored Core would be great.

I just managed to beat the game on new game+ (purification) the last saturday and after a couple of hours my wife's water broke 😄👊🏻

Now we have to healthy babies and let's see when I'll get to play new game++ (and Elden Ring..) 😅
An achievement on both ends. Congrats!

They too will learn how to become masters of FROM games eventually...

Tschumi

I love this game.. it's gonna be a long project but this is where i go to get better at every other game... A few tries on Lady butterfly, give up and go to ashina and breeze through a handful of bosses with only one or two deaths each... Love this feeling of skilling up... A few more gourd seeds and I'll have butterfly too :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Tschumi

I've had a bit of a jump in Sekiro recently.. in one day I've beat lady butterfly, that dude on the horse by the gate (compared to lady butterfly he's a doddle, so was the Shinobi hunter, who i think i skipped and went back to...) and the fiery bull... Now I've jumped across a jillion rooftops and duked it out with those skinny dudes who like to jump at you from kites, taken out a few samurai retainers who looked like the guy who helped me kill the giant fat drunk guy with the green breath, feels bad man...

... Haven't tried to beat the interior ministry ninja near owl for a while, pretty sure I'll still fail lol despite 5 gourd seeds

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I've had a bit of a jump in Sekiro recently.. in one day I've beat lady butterfly, that dude on the horse by the gate and the fiery bull... Now I've jumped across a jillion rooftops and duked it out with those skinny dudes who like to jump at you from kites, taken out a few samurai retainers who looked like the guy who helped me kill the giant fat drunk guy with the green breath, feels bad man
Sadly none of them are Nogami Gensai.

Tschumi

Also mikiri counter seems to have stopped working, I'm holding forward and pressing O when the samurai ready a thrust and have the red symbol above them but I'm just jumping into their attacks.. had it working fine for ages..

Last edited:
Top Bottom