• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

Bryank75

Banned
Seek help

south park GIF

It's the outcome of many very poor decisions.... moving HQ to California was one of the biggest parts, poor leadership in the form of Jim Ryan is another.... releasing a condemnation of Activision when you have no idea about how clean your own Org is, is moronic.... several other pieces of this jigsaw too.
Yeah completely different, the tea ladies at Activision deserve to be tarred with the same brush as the higher ups - fucking sexual predators man. This is fine though, just a rogue pedo.
Thats two.

The caricature “back in the old days” fanboy and strawman “ no distinction between company-wide problem, personal crime” fanboy.

DaGwaphics

"Deservedly rub"

No, there's a difference. Jim Ryan's obligation is to make sure there's a safe work environment for all his employees. Jim Ryan cannot control what people do outside the work environment, he can only control what happens within the work environment. Comparing this to Activision to absolutely stupid since the people at Activision knew the work environment was not safe and they refused to do anything about it for a long period of time. That is something the people at Activision can monitor and control.

Very true. At this moment this is an issue between just these two people. If the kid is fabricating the whole thing, he's fucked. If he's not, Cacioppo is. And not in the way he was hoping for. I'm sure if this is legitimate this guy will be out the door faster than you can blink.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Very true. At this moment this is an issue between just these two people. If the kid is fabricating the whole thing, he's fucked. If he's not, Cacioppo is. And not in the way he was hoping for. I'm sure if this is legitimate this guy will be out the door faster than you can blink.

It's the entire culture of the company now. That goes right to the top....

I'm not just blaming Jim, I'm blaming all of Sony. PS should have stayed in Japan and they need to cut down the amount of people working in Admin and run a much tighter ship.

Nearly everyone at PS has to be replaced. Not the studios... just the admin / management.

LordCBH

I'm not just blaming Jim, I'm blaming all of Sony. PS should have stayed in Japan and they need to cut down the amount of people working in Admin and run a much tighter ship.

Nearly everyone at PS has to be replaced. Not the studios... just the admin / management.

Notice how its always the virtue signaling people and companies that are harboring these pedos. Reset the fucking clock.

Skifi28

I leave it to you to find a way to merge the same stuff you always say with every other possible topic.

DaGwaphics

In $$$ they are doing better than they ever have, same with MS and Nintendo for that matter. Outside of retirement or individuals finding better opportunities I'd be surprised to see any major shakeups with the big 3 at the moment tbh.

Barring major scandals that is. Sony might have one high level opening soon.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Notice how its always the virtue signaling people and companies that are harboring these pedos. Reset the fucking clock.

Yup, it needs to be torn out root and stem and all around. Crush it and crush the culture that allowed it... move it away to Japan and keep it under close supervision.

Moving PS to California has only hurt the brand anyway, in a multitude of ways.

Censorship was just a sign that the minds deciding these things are not functioning like a normal human being... they don't understand art and see everything in a twisted way. They cannot express themselves healthily.

Yoboman

Japan's culture is just to ignore this sort of thing. They aren't more virtuous - they are just better at sweeping it under the rug as a society

Last edited:

envyzeal

Yup, it needs to be torn out root and stem and all around. Crush it and crush the culture that allowed it... move it away to Japan and keep it under close supervision.

Moving PS to California has only hurt the brand anyway, in a multitude of ways.

Censorship was just a sign that the minds deciding these things are not functioning like a normal human being... they don't understand art and see everything in a twisted way. They cannot express themselves healthily.
Care to explain how moving corporate to Japan would solve that? I love my japanese games, but besides California woke is evil and creative Japan is awesoeme and loves videogames, what's the actual strategy behind that thought?

Yoda

You can find the entire thread in the twitter replies. Assuming it isn't fabricated, it's pretty damning.

Bryank75

Banned
Japan's culture is just to ignore this sort of thing. They aren't more virtuous - they are just better at sweeping it under the rug as a society

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by penetrating an asshole. If you screw someone underage in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase GOW for PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.
Sony, publicly apologize and cancel George Cacioppo and Jim Ryan or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Absolutely fucking disgusting. Even wearing the PS5 shirt. I know Sony as a whole has nothing to do with this but holy fuck talk about a PR disaster.
That logo appearing on this shit is a nightmare for every company. That person will always be associated to your brand, because of the shit he was wearing when got cought.

Worst, every news paper will show that logo on their news paper.

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Bryank75

Banned
Care to explain how moving corporate to Japan would solve that? I love my japanese games, but besides California woke is evil and creative Japan is awesoeme and loves videogames, what's the actual strategy behind that thought?

The idea is just to distance the company from the new far left culture that permeates everything and puts politics before creativity. That promotes people and hires people based on their allegiances and that then results in censorship, worse games, more unnecessary drama and attention seeking etc etc.

I could talk about this far deeper but I just hate politics these days and don't want to get into it TBH

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"Deservedly rub"

No, there's a difference. Jim Ryan's obligation is to make sure there's a safe work environment for all his employees. Jim Ryan cannot control what people do outside the work environment, he can only control what happens within the work environment. Comparing this to Activision to absolutely stupid since the people at Activision knew the work environment was not safe and they refused to do anything about it for a long period of time. That is something the people at Activision can monitor and control.
Yes and no.

A company cant control what someone does when they get home from work.

BUT, as we all see a company can still take control and fire the person. Like tons of people who get axed or released from sports teams for being accused of something. The person doesnt even have to be in court or get convicted of anything. Simply an accusation can be big enough to make the organization make the first move and cut them loose.

kingfey

Banned
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by penetrating an asshole. If you screw someone underage in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase GOW for PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Sony, publicly apologize and cancel George Cacioppo and Jim Ryan or you can kiss your business goodbye.
about that my friend.

Business people are ruthless. Old japan rules is no more now. The merry happy culture is façade now. Power is everything. The man on the youtube, was sabotaged by his partners.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Have you ever heard the phrase, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?"

Yes, and it's people who have similar faults. This is not similar or even comparable.

If you think it is, then explain why.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You mean the company that virtue signals by forcing developers and publishers to censor their games has a pedo problem?! NO WAY!
LOL. Makes sense. Third parties companies got to censor, but Sony allows tits and gore like no other. How many games on any console in history has sex mini games like on God of War and a woman getting rammed up the ass like in LOU2?

Wild West California.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yes and no.

A company cant control what someone does when they get home from work.

BUT, as we all see a company can still take control and fire the person. Like tons of people who get axed or released from sports teams for being accused of something. The person doesnt even have to be in court or get convicted of anything. Simply an accusation can be big enough to make the organization make the first move and cut them loose.
This falls into the control the work environment category.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
You know, I never looked it up to compare, but I just googled a bunch of articles about that, because I was curious. Gdam. It's definitely a world wide problem.

Top Bottom