• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

Let's see if we'll get any news tomorrow...the lack of people talking about this is strange to say the least
Not really
The major sites get a lot of exposure from Sony products so pissing off your income source is a very bad business move and as for internet sites
Like era….they protect pedos and they love sony consoles so it’s a double tick from them to not do anything.

Even when we get an official steer of what Sonys gonna do I don’t think there will be a big song and dance about it on any site as there’s still the risk of losing a source of your income and the guy literally got busted wearing a ps5 shirt….that’s probably the worst product placement you could have next to bill cosby trying to sell headache pills

they will continue to kiss the ring and this guy will scoot off under his rock again and internet sites will continue bitching about a developer not having the right signs on a toilet door

Mabdia

The more SJW a company is (try to be), the more I trust this kind of information...

That being said if real, hope that the guy get a really long time seeing the sun behind bars.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
That Jaffe tweet is ridiculous.

Assuming there was actually an interaction between "Jeff" and the "minor", entrapment would fall on what the actions of the PVP folks are in getting George to meet up. If they were insistent, to the point of being pushy, a person might have a case.

This stuff is done all the time in politics. Just recently Liz Smith (campaign manager for the current Sec. of Transportation in the US) got in hot water for essentially "leaking" talking points to a media personality. Leaks are wonderful tools if used right.
What makes the tweet ridiculous? Thx.

tommib

Let's see if we'll get any news tomorrow...the lack of people talking about this is strange to say the least
The problem here is the lack of real victims. Unless the vídeo gains enough traction for some other kid to come forward and actually accuse this fucker of having sex with an underage this is not easy to pick up - and yes, Sony PR must be working on the clock to bury this quick.

Look how blurry the whole Michael Jackson story is despite all the testimony.

News agencies need more than a guy yelling at a door and a couple of screenshots.

Everyone here knows what he was about to do but intent is hardly news without a clear history. God knows I love to see these moralists fall down after preaching decency: the Cuomo saga has been thoroughly entertaining and Jim Ryan should’ve stayed shut up instead of playing good guy/lord of the morals during the peak of the Activision scandal. There are motherfuckers everywhere and to think one side of the console war/political spectrum is better than the other is idiotic.

I do think we will have other teenagers coming forward soon proving that this guy has been doing this for awhile - and then that’s a wrap.

MaulerX

Considering how dumb he is wearing a PS5 shirt (no doubt but to lure victims), he probably has a company car too (or at least funded by corporate), and obviously a company laptop.

Who knows how much he's used company goods for this.

You never know. If this guy has been perving for a long time, he may have given free consoles and games to lure victims.

Yea you can tell this is not his first rodeo. He's probably been doing this for a while and it so happens he got busted this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if people start coming forward with allegations of him luring them in with a hot commodity. I also wouldn't be surprised if they stay quiet for fear of embarrassment.

Just terrible.

ManaByte

What makes the tweet ridiculous? Thx.
you stink eugene levy GIF by Bounce

Not really
The major sites get a lot of exposure from Sony products so pissing off your income source is a very bad business move and as for internet sites
Like era….they protect pedos and they love sony consoles so it’s a double tick from them to not do anything.

Even when we get an official steer of what Sonys gonna do I don’t think there will be a big song and dance about it on any site as there’s still the risk of losing a source of your income and the guy literally got busted wearing a ps5 shirt….that’s probably the worst product placement you could have next to bill cosby trying to sell headache pills

they will continue to kiss the ring and this guy will scoot off under his rock again and internet sites will continue bitching about a developer not having the right signs on a toilet door

Some of you have a screw loose

Unless they like walking on thin ice no outlet is going to want to touch this with a ten-foot poll until something substantial comes out.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If it gets enough attention then Sony can’t just sweep it under the rug and has to make a statement since he works for them.

giving it enough attention could possibly bring kids / people forward that know more.

it’s not useless at all

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Rich people are garbage humans anyway. It's not really their fault. Money quite literally kills the empathy part of your brain. Many studies have been done. If they are rich they are 100% of the time human garbage. No exceptions.
I don't know why, but it reminds me of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
This stuff is done all the time in politics. Just recently Liz Smith (campaign manager for the current Sec. of Transportation in the US) got in hot water for essentially "leaking" talking points to a media personality. Leaks are wonderful tools if used right.
Yes. In PR they are called Strategic Leaks. Some are meant to get ahead of a pending situation and some are just meant to look good without the appearance of patting oneself on the back (as is the case here).

This is utilized by most large firms that are in the spotlight.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Yes. In PR they are called Strategic Leaks. Some are meant to get ahead of a pending situation and some are just meant to look good without the appearance of patting oneself on the back (as is the case here).

This is utilized by most large firms that are in the spotlight.

It's tre, even in the gaming world marketing knows that a "Leak" of a game announcement will get more attention than a regular press release.

FunkMiller

Ah well now. If they’ve fired him, they probably must have got wind of a potential legal action, so…

Dream Corp Llc Sleep GIF by Adult Swim

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Rich people are garbage humans anyway. It's not really their fault. Money quite literally kills the empathy part of your brain. Many studies have been done. If they are rich they are 100% of the time human garbage. No exceptions.

that sounds like the battle cry of a hateful person, those studies that people like you always refer to were carefully designed to get the result the designers wanted, it's easy to hate the rich. Rich people are like everyone else some are good some are bad and some are most are somewhere in between. The only people that are terrible are those that don't judge people on the merits of their character.

Good, now Kotaku can just report that Cnet have reported on it without having to put themselves in the firing line or make an assessment or judgment.

Right?
Kinda sickening that the games journalists waited for bigger media to report this first, even though the fact that CNet did report it demonstrates the legitimacy of it. Definitely too scared for their free games and insider news perks, huh?

The era thread is already turning into comedy gold

• Users questioning why the original thread was locked in the first place
  • people questioning the moderation
  • people pointing out era has gone after people with far less evidence
  • people pointing out that the source wasn't actually to do with gamergate
  • people defending the poor unpaid mods

I expect thread to be locked within the hour

edit..i have counted double figure "Yikes"

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
The more SJW a company is (try to be), the more I trust this kind of information...

That being said if real, hope that the guy get a really long time seeing the sun behind bars.
people really think they have a case to put him in jail lol

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The era thread is already turning into comedy gold

• Users questioning why the original thread was locked in the first place
  • people questioning the moderation
  • people pointing out era has gone after people with far less evidence
  • people pointing out that the source wasn't actually to do with gamergate
reading it too right now and I don't exactly get the sentiment about gamergate. Even when you consider people affiliated with gamergate as a poor source, a broken clock is right twice a day, so there should be no excuse to not look into because of it.

reading it too right now and I don't exactly get the sentiment about gamergate. Even when you consider people affiliated with gamergate as a poor source, a broken clock is right twice a day, so there should be no excuse to not look into because of it.
it pretty much goes like this

If you farted and a gamergate person walked past you are associated with that

Now even if you had nothing to do with them and you discover that Joe biden has re-animated Hitler from a cyrogenic freeze and is going after americas jewish community again
and you have 8k imax video footage and a library full of files and witnesses ...you are not a credible source

Even with evidence they are gonna drag their feet on this as era loves pedos just as much as they love playstation
so expect them to turn the attention away from this and onto people attacking the poor mods

MrA

Banned
people really think they have a case to put him in jail lol
from this alone? probably not, enough to start an investigation into the man, definitely, it's incredibly unlikely that this was his first time.

and anyone calling this weak evidence, this is being caught red-handed solicitation of a minor (doesn't matter the age of the person solicited if the perpetrator thinks they're a minor) the only thing that could be exonerating is if the conversations turn out to be falsified, but seriously he opened the door at 4 am for the person in the conversation
completely different than vague Twitter acquisitions.

Quick and correct response by Sony. Issue has been dealt with.
outside of something revelatory sony definitely did right here, I'm sure they'll provide the authorities anything they need on this guy too.

Top Bottom