• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Media doesn’t care about pedophiles. Ghislaine Maxwell trial getting next to 0 media coverage and now nobody picking up this story.

Resetera will have a 400 page if a purple haired coder quits his job because he worked a few Saturdays but this guy getting caught red handed trying to have sex with a 14 year old is not worth talking about.

ManaByte

I can tell you're enjoying this. Fucking hell you're a scumbag
Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:
I’m not the one who straight up claim that the same person have different faces

I can tell now that the difference was just due to the age, because yes age does make you look different you fucking idiot

Even if wasn't the age. People getting misidentified does happen

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Let's see what happens Monday morning at Sony head office.

Jim Ryan was riding the PR train ragging on Activision.

Let's see how ballsy he is with another internal memo to employees about VP George Cacioppo being fired on a Sunday for being a perv for teenagers.

What better way to show employees the importance of adhering to corporate and code of conduct policies by making an example of your own.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Media doesn’t care about pedophiles. Ghislaine Maxwell trial getting next to 0 media coverage and now nobody picking up this story.

Resetera will have a 400 page if a purple haired coder quits his job because he worked a few Saturdays but this guy getting caught red handed trying to have sex with a 14 year old is not worth talking about.

What? I've seen tons of articles on the Maxwell trial.. there are documentaries on her and Epstien on all major streaming services.

And resetera has a big thread on it already lol

Some of y'all "everyone else is a pedophile" folks sure are something.

Dr Bass

Let's see how ballsy he is with another internal memo to employees about VP George Cacioppo being fired on a Sunday for being a perv for teenagers.

What better way to show employees the importance of adhering to corporate and code of conduct policies by making an example of your own.
But they did. They canned him immediately.

IntentionalPun

A crime someone commits while off the job, that has nothing to do with other employees, has nothing to do with a company dealing with or talking about on the job behaviors and literal criminal accusations about management raping subordinates. No one else at Sony was involved in any of this, this thread could just as easily be about someone working for Dunkin Donuts, their job is irrelevant as the crime and behaviors have nothing to do with their employer.

As far as "gaming news" goes, dude got caught, Sony fired him almost immediately. Gaming story is over at this point.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

You guys continuously raging about companies addressing a huge story about the work environment and behaviors at management from a close partner sound like clowns. Sony, MS etc. have plenty of employees who worked at Activision at some point, and/or have friends there. Their employees were talking about it internally, and so it was addressed internally.

Continue to be triggered by people thinking a CEO covering up a rape accusation is fucked up and should be addressed you clown shoe motherfuckers.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

But there needs to be a rousing speech to solidify things.

Personally, I'd like to see Phil Spencer comment on the "truly disgusting" behavior over at Sony. Oh, a man can dream!

I'm preeeetty sure this is sarcasm.

I'm a little bummed I can't be truly sure though because of some of the actual things going down on this board over this.

Need the PR memo to go with it.

Again, can't tell if serious.

It didn't happen AT Sony. It's not even close to the same thing. They did the right thing, and they don't need to say anything really. Maybe they will but, actions speak louder than words. And Sony took action.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A crime someone commits while off the job, that has nothing to do with other employees, has nothing to do with a company dealing with or talking about on the job behaviors and literal criminal accusations about management raping subordinates. No one else at Sony was involved in any of this, this thread could just as easily be about someone working for Dunkin Donuts, their job is irrelevant as the crime and behaviors have nothing to do with their employer.

As far as "gaming news" goes, dude got caught, Sony fired him almost immediately. Gaming story is over at this point.
And nobody at Sony was involved with Activision's scandal, so why rag on a separate company?

Dr Bass

And nobody at Sony was involved with Activision's scandal, so why rag on a separate company?
Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have strong business relationships with Activision. They are connected because of that relationship.

Do you have a career dude? This is not hard to understand.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
SACKED, BOY!

Good on Sony for moving in quick. Wonder if they are going to release a media (or internal) statement. They absolutely should.

I wouldn't congratulate Sony particularly for just dropping the bomb. The optics alone were bad enough to trigger a disrepute clause, so I doubt they needed to do any sort of investigation.

Bottom line, its not a difficult calculation: Act swiftly and minimize reputational damage to the company, versus how much it might cost (in terms of settlement to the dismissed employee) were he to be exonerated.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have strong business relationships with Activision. They are connected because of that relationship.

Do you have a career dude? This is not hard to understand.
And Sony has a bigger relationship with their own employees.

If Sony has balls to out Activision (while amazingly still selling their games), then send a memo to employees tomorrow telling everyone what happened over the weekend to a VP as a reminder of code of conduct policies. You dont need to be doing something bad on company time to be fired.

Hell, the guy was wearing a PS5 tshirt while doing it.

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

That text message with his selfie is absolutely damning.
I have discovered nambla with south park and i couldn't believed that was true 🤣
Yeah! 😆 I remember seeing the episode on South Park and then googling the organization to see if it was real. Boy, was that a mistake 😐 The first story I read by one of the members detailed a sexual encounter he had as a prepubescent teen with his camp counselor and how it justified the existence of romantic relationships between men and boys. It was disgusting 🤮

IntentionalPun

I listed reasons; did you read the post? Their employees wanted to hear what their leadership was going to do about their Activision partnership, due to their CEO covering up a rape scandal among other things.

What reason is there for you to be perturbed Sony "ragged on" one of their close partners having a CEO who covered up a rape scandal?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What makes the tweet ridiculous? Thx.

What kind of statement of any substance was going to be able to be crafted in 24 hours given that no arrest or action had occurred other than a video on Twitter (at the time of that tweet)? Guys now been fired presumably after SONY was allowed to assess the situation including the personal messages.

Bryank75 and Streetsofbeige are working harder than Magnus and Ian. It’s kinda beautiful watching them work.

The creative narratives, illogical comparisons, and the Chewbacca prosecution.

jigglet

Banned
Upon seeing him wearing that shirt, I bet the marketing folks at Sony are now rethinking the saying "any publicity is good publicity"

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
it pretty much goes like this

If you farted and a gamergate person walked past you are associated with that

Now even if you had nothing to do with them and you discover that Joe biden has re-animated Hitler from a cyrogenic freeze and is going after americas jewish community again
and you have 8k imax video footage and a library full of files and witnesses ...you are not a credible source

Even with evidence they are gonna drag their feet on this as era loves pedos just as much as they love playstation
so expect them to turn the attention away from this and onto people attacking the poor mods
can we establish this as the new reeeeee?

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
What kind of statement of any substance was going to be able to be crafted in 24 hours given that no arrest or action had occurred other than a video on Twitter (at the time of that tweet)? Guys now been fired presumably after SONY was allowed to assess the situation including the personal messages.
I wasn't looking for a statement at the time. I was looking for news.

Did the video people call the cops?
Had he been arrested?
Was he actually the same guy who works(ed) for Sony?
Is he on any watch lists for previous issues?
Did the neighbors say he fled his home 20 min after the video and people think he's on the run, etc.

I wasn't looking for statements or a sense of what Greg Miller or Geoff Keighly thought. This wasn't a story about Half Life 3 being cancelled. It's a crime story and one would assume the folks making the video went right to the cops with the tape. And thus reporters- gaming or other wise- were trying to get the scoop.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I can tell now that the difference was just due to the age, because yes age does make you look different you fucking idiot

Even if wasn't the age. People getting misidentified does happen

You're just disgusting and pathetic still trying to find excuses even after you're wrong. Let's not pretend the guy has aged or look drastically among all of those photos.

kyoji

I wonder if you could see his PS5 shirt in his PS5-inch pics that he sent?
You weird af ngl, this is hella suspect comment.

and before you come up with some bull duke response, people commit heinous crimes and violate laws every day in designer clothes or whatever they wear, dont be a dickhead about it, I swear some of you guys only have half a brain and dont even use it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom