• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series X first game to play?

I have nothing against the Xbox. I've had every generation so far (I love Forza), but this generation somehow doesn't really hook me. This thread is just kind of characteristic of that, which I personally think is a shame.

I also don't understand why everyone always automatically assumes that you're either a PS fan or an Xbox fan. Rumor has it that you can definitely like both.

We're only a few months in the Series X/S lifespan lol how can you even form an opinion on it's future? Lol and where in my post did I call you a fanboy? You can like whatever you want lol I was just sharing facts based on my experience with Series X. I'm a huge fan of Xbox/Nintendo, currently game on Switch and X.

I had a PS4 and I said publicly up here that Uncharted 4 is graphically the best looking console game to date. So I don't get where you had me labeling you as anything

Mr.ODST

tenor.gif

Just acquired a Series X after months of disappointment, so out of all current games out (including backwards compatible games) would Gaf recommend playing first? Obviously something that's a tech showcase for the new console.

Ori, Gears V and Hitman V. It also helps if you got a really modern TV to show the Series X off at its best
Ori in 4K and 120FPS is utterly beautiful

Hoppa

I got an X about a month ago so I've mostly only played some of the optimized games so far. Dirt 5 looks great, didn't think I'd enjoy it but thankfully it's a lot more arcadey than I expected. Same with Forza.

Gears 5(?) Looks and performs well. Worth trying if you're into shooters

Ori is fuckn beautiful. Good platformer too, a bit like Hollow Knight

But the real goat is Tetris Connected. What a game!

Damigos

Just acquired a Series X after months of disappointment, so out of all current games out (including backwards compatible games) would Gaf recommend playing first? Obviously something that's a tech showcase for the new console.
I dont think anything on XSX is a tech showcase right now. Hopefully after E3 things will change

Mister Wolf

Gears 4/5 + Hivebusters. The best looking UE4 games.

Control. Its environmental destruction system is second to none. Plus raytraced reflections.

Dragon Quest 8. Beautiful UE4 RPG

Metro Exodus. The only game this gen to have full raytraced lighting.

Last edited:

I have nothing against the Xbox. I've had every generation so far (I love Forza), but this generation somehow doesn't really hook me. This thread is just kind of characteristic of that, which I personally think is a shame.

I also don't understand why everyone always automatically assumes that you're either a PS fan or an Xbox fan. Rumor has it that you can definitely like both.
No assumptions made. Your post just felt like a deliberate troll where you say the most negative thing about xbox you can think of but pretend it makes you sad too. My apologies if you were being genuine. I think most reactions stem from being told over and over again how horrible the xbox platform is and told for the billionth time that xbox has no games. It just gets old when I'm trying to be positive. There may not be any next gen exclusives out yet but the hardware is supposed to automatically upscale and improve a lot of the older games. Either of the Ori games would be good ones to play as both are beautiful.

nbkicker

Finished village and rift apart now playing sunset overdrive, absolutely having a blast with it, would love insomniac to bring a follow up out (as long as they dont go all sjw or woke on it) then once sunset done back to the ps5 for either days gone or uncharted 4 to play to get rid of a few back games i got to fully complete

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Vermintide 2 is a must play imo. It's perfect with the fps boost.

It's on Gamepass and just had content update too.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’ve played a few games, but haven’t got anywhere with any of them, other than FH4, which I had already started when I had the Xbox one x. I’m not a massive fan of gamepass tbh because I find it difficult to focus on 1 game and I have already played the best ones on there. Hopefully MS FS offers a more prolonged experience. Likely I’ll buy it if I enjoy it, along with FH5 later in the year and just cancel gamepass asap because there is little value in it for me personally.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You’re not gonna see massive graphical showcases until 10 years from now at least because of developers learning the technology.

The best game is staring at the gamepass game menu for an hour.

Honestly, it's like a candy store. The first thing I did was play Halo at 60FPS with FOV maxed out. I live what Microsoft is doing. Chances are, whatever game you want to try will be the best looking and playing that it's ever been.

Has there been any new first-party or exclusive games on Xbox since the X launched? Is Flight Simulator out on Xbox yet?

If you haven't played Ori and the Will of the Wisps yet, that's definitely a must play. And it runs 100x better on Series X than it ran on my original launch Xbox One.

elliot5

Has there been any new first-party or exclusive games on Xbox since the X launched? Is Flight Simulator out on Xbox yet?

If you haven't played Ori and the Will of the Wisps yet, that's definitely a must play. And it runs 100x better on Series X than it ran on my original launch Xbox One.
naw. Flight Sim is in like a week or two. There's a few indie console exclusives coming out soon, like Death's Door that looks really good, too.

Well since the thread was bumped, I've been playing Gears 5 Hivebusters and it's a technical tour de force, crazy how good a last gen game can look. Resident Evil 8, great game and nice graphics. The Medium, enjoyed it but took me a while to finish it. Man of Maedan surprisingly decent. This month is full of titles I'm looking forward to on Gamepass, Flightsim, The Ascent and then next month 12 minutes, so plenty new games to come.

elliot5

Well since the thread was bumped, I've been playing Gears 5 Hivebusters and it's a technical tour de force, crazy how good a last gen game can look. Resident Evil 8, great game and nice graphics. The Medium, enjoyed it but took me a while to finish it. Man of Maedan surprisingly decent. This month is full of titles I'm looking forward to on Gamepass, Flightsim, The Ascent and then next month 12 minutes, so plenty new games to come.
if you don't play Psychonauts 2 next month I will call up Phil Xbox and have him deactivate your account

Havoc2049

Halo MCC (gotta play them all again before Halo Infinite)
Bright Memory Episode 1
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden II
Breakdown

If you are into big long time sinks and MMOs
Sea of Thieves
Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis (graphics are a massive improvement over Phantasy Star Online 2)

Last edited:

FatCamperBear

Neo Member
A Plague Tale: Innocence, really good engaging story, amazing graphics, music, etc (you should all try the french VA), plus the next gen patch went out few days ago and its available to try on game pass.

Arcadialane

Been playing a game called octopath traveler, usally not the kind of game I'm into at all, but for some reason I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom