• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem

winjer

Gold Member

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem PC System Requirements
MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 4-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce 780/970/1050 or AMD Radeon 7950/280/470 (3 GB VRAM)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 25 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Requirements are based on 720p rendering resolution at 30 FPS
RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 8-core CPU @ 3.3 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce 1080/2060 or AMD Radeon Vega64/5700 (8 GB VRAM)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 25 GB available space

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Looks graphically better than 4 I think, but I don't even get what this is, did Croteam develop it? Is it on the Serious Engine or something else?

Oh no, rec specs don't sound too good, if minimum is 720p30 I bet recommended is 1080p60, and they are saying a GTX 1080 for that? I hope thats meant to say 1070 or the rec is for 1440p60.

winjer

Gold Member
Looks graphically better than 4 I think, but I don't even get what this is, did Croteam develop it? Is it on the Serious Engine or something else?

Oh no, rec specs don't sound too good, if minimum is 720p30 I bet recommended is 1080p60, and they are saying a GTX 1080 for that? I hope thats meant to say 1070 or the rec is for 1440p60.

It has the exact same system requirements as Serious Sam 4.
So it's probably the same engine.

VN1X

Banned
Looks decent enough. Still haven't bought 4 though as I'm waiting for that to end up in the bargain bin before jumping on board.

Are Croteam themselves also still working on a Talos Principle sequel or what?

Stitch

Gold Member
Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem is a stand-alone expansion to Serious Sam 4, working just as well whether you’ve played SS4 or not. Siberian Mayhem cranks the action up to 11. It’s a hybrid experience ready to deliver explosive fun to fans of classics, and the latest installments to the series.

Siberian Mayhem is very important in another way. This game was designed, and its development has been led by some of the most talented members of the Serious Sam modding community, joined together under the banner of Timelock Studio. The team consists of well-respected names including DedKadath, Asdolg, YaNexus, UrbanDeHuman, FreekNik, MintFritter, NSKuber, and Ar2R-devil-PiNKy, who worked closely together with Croteam to deliver absolute Mayhem, and we can’t wait for everyone to experience it.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
school clapping GIF

Expansion packs are back!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Funny how a 1-2 year project done by an unknown team with the help of croteam has better level design than croteam working on ss4 for more than 10 years lmao. Hopefully, it runs better than that ss4 garbage tho looking at the price I'm going to go on a limb here and say this is prolly just a 4h game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome back to the world of Serious Sam in 'Siberian Mayhem' - a new standalone chapter in the adventures of 'Serious' Sam Stone. Make your way through the vast Russian landscapes on a quest to catch up with the traitorous General Brand, who remains one step ahead of Sam at every turn. The road is long, and there is oh so much to see.

Co-developed by Timelock Studio and Croteam, 'Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem' presents an expanded look at a familiar journey full of forgotten stories, unexplored places, and Sam's trademark guns-blazing battles against Mental's Horde. Join the fight, comrade!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the action-packed launch trailer for Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, the standalone expansion that is available now on Steam.

In Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, make your way through the vast Russian landscapes on a quest to catch up with the traitorous General Brand, who remains one step ahead of Sam at every turn.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
always weird when the add-on/stand alone DLC is better than the main game.

Stuart360

It literally says 'Croteam' at the start of the trailer.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Bought it for SX. Framerate is crap, even in performance mode. Wait for patch.

It's SS4's engine.. Why should we expect optimizations if they didn't solve this in the last 2 years?

It's such a shame.. The Serious Engine used to be an example of great performance but with version 4 they somehow made it a CPU-killing bloated mess.

winjer

Gold Member
It's SS4's engine.. Why should we expect optimizations if they didn't solve this in the last 2 years?

It's such a shame.. The Serious Engine used to be an example of great performance but with version 4 they somehow made it a CPU-killing bloated mess.

The main programmer left the company half way development for SS4. And the company never recovered.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next Serious Sam used Unreal or Unity engine.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I think it was ss4 i tried on xsx and it ran poorly the iq was not great and it has frame rate dips, or am i thinking if a different game?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

True but SS4 sucked in every way. I heard this expansion was good so I wanted to give it a try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom