• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Session |OT| Pretending I'm a Superman

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
qqDflxX.mp4
Developer: Crea-ture Studios
Publisher: Nacon
Release date: 22 September 2022
Platforms: Steam, Playstation, Xbox, Epic
Price: $39.99 USD Standard | $49.99 USD Deluxe

vCmCpJC.png
Made by and for skaters, the dual stick controls faithfully reproduce your feet on the skateboard for an ultra-realistic experience. Try out real-life iconic skate spots, customise your skater and equipment with items from the top brands.

SESS_GIF_01_AuthenticGameplay.gif

AUTHENTIC GAMEPLAY​

With the dual stick controls, each stick represents one of your feet. You will need to learn how to control them and transfer weight, just like on a real skateboard. The physics have been developed with a focus on realism, smoothness and immersion. Just like in real life for a new skateboarder, the first hours can seem challenging, but once you have mastered the technique, you will feel the unrivalled thrill of pulling off your very first kickflip! Session: Skate Sim also includes full options customisation, so you can enjoy the perfect experience tailored to you. A full tutorial provides all the help you need to get started, and you can choose from four difficulty levels!

SESS_GIF_02_SkateKultur.gif

THE 1990S AND SKATE CULTURE​

Inspired by the golden age of street skating – the 1990s – Session: Skate Sim lets you experience true skateboarding and its culture: no scoring system; just you, your spot and your imagination! There's no need for judges to tell you that your noseslide or varial heelflip are perfect for this spot. And because certain locations are iconic, the developers have added several of them to the game for you to skate in and express your creativity, including Black Hubbas (New York City), Brooklyn banks (New York City), FDR Park (Philadelphia) and many other spots.

SESS_GIF_03_VideoTape.gif

"IF IT WASN'T CAUGHT ON VIDEO, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"​

Skating and pulling off the best lines in the best spots is one thing, but if no one is there to film it, it didn't really happen… In Session: Skate Sim, you can film with a 1990s filter or fisheye lens, and you can use the video editor to create your clips and share them. You can play with multiple options, including changing the field of view, time of day, filters, and different camera views (tripod, orbit, etc.). Session: Skate Sim also offers the chance to go from skater to filmmaker: pull off your moves then go into film mode to experience the action from the point of view of your camera operator and create the best clip.

SESS_GIF_04_CustomSkate.gif

CUSTOMISATION​

Show off your style with an extensive customisation system for your skater and skateboard. By completing challenges, you earn money to spend in skate shops. You can find nearly 200 items (hoodies, shoes, caps, T-shirts, trousers, etc.) from top brands, such as Fallen, Zero, GrindKing, Thankyou, HIJINX Net, Antilanta, Roger Skate CO, No-Comply, iDabble and others. You can also customise your skateboard with over 250 parts, such as wheels, trucks and many other components from famous brands like, No-Comply, GindKing, Thankyou and many others. In addition to the design aspect, the components (trucks, riser pads, wheels…) impact the way you skate. Find the right ones for your style and shred the most iconic spots!

PxU8sSQ.png

e50eed9196823087cecce66ae13a1611bbdc82a0.jpg

Buy or Order the game on ANY platform before September 22nd to receive the pre-order DLC! This includes those who bought the game in Early Access.

wgV80Vw.png

cac71e70bb12da4d2af956d685034a985959d902.jpg

Deluxe edition includes:
  • A full prisoner outfit
  • Hat / Shirt / Pants / Shoes
  • Two new crea-ture produced Prison themed Grip Tape designs
  • Two new crea-ture produced deck graphics
  • The decks align with the grip designs & including a never before seen strobing cop lights deck graphics!
  • The Hangar - A classic Kickstarter map revisited - updated to V1 standards and converted to be partially editable using the Object Dropper!
  • Peitruss Skatepark - Our first map fully & officially outside of the US! This 1-to-1 replica of the famous skatepark in Luxembourg provides an awesome array of terrain and obstacles for you to experience.

zriLISO.png

ICtb8DK.png

LgVkEpM.jpg
xlcM39O.jpg
7QXY27H.jpg
RiytRiq.jpg

xZMKvT5.png

Minimum:Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-2700K or AMD FX-8370
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or AMD Radeon R7 360
  • DirectX: Version 9.0
  • Storage: 11 GB available space
  • Sound Card: On board
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 11 GB available space
  • Sound Card: On board

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The game releases today on the various platforms. I’ve been playing since the Early Access release on Steam. I intend to play through most of this on my Steam Deck. The pre-alpha gameplay has worked quite well on the handheld. Most of my experience was either on the TV or sitting at my desk. Controller is 100% recommended.

This game gets compared to SkaterXL quite often. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I’ve spent about 60 hours in each over the years. SXL has largely remained the same with official mod support being the biggest mechanics change (multiplayer & new maps as well). Outside of that, SXL is largely a sandbox with no objectives or progression. The controls tend to be a bit floaty and the community has done the heavy lifting to make adjustments via unofficial mods. Session is much closer to a standard game. There is a story, albeit minimal. There is currency to earn and gear to spend it on. The default maps range in size but get to be quite large in some areas. The biggest downside for Session is the animation, as SXL tends to look more fluid. Personally, I think both still look bad when compared to actual skating footage, so for me, neither stands above the other in this point.

Overall, I think Session is the better game. It’s far more difficult from a controls perspective, but that also tracks with how difficult actual skateboarding is. You will need to put in some work to get used to it. If you are coming from Skate 1-3, you will have an easier time, though turning via the triggers will be a big change for you. I promise you will get it after a short period of time. I don’t think I can go back to Skate style controls after playing SXL & Session. Regardless, both games are a fantastic buy if you are into skating. I would suggest starting with SXL if you are new to skating games or prefer a more freeform, make your own objectives type game. If you want a more in-depth game, or like the idea of character progression, Session is the better starting point.

I want to give a shoutout to one of the best dudes covering Session since the beginning on YouTube, JL_Nightmare. He’s got a ton of great content, including the tutorial below.

JL_Nightmare https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKrer9uOQT7JP5dY9mvTGw

anthony2690

Banned
I purchased this on early access forever ago, whilst it was super satisfying to land tricks/grinds etc, it felt really finicky/awkward at the same time, nowhere near as fluid as skate.

But it was only £12.49 on Xbox early access and felt like a more complete game than skater XL what was £34.99 and pretty awful, it felt like a full priced tech demo!

Really curious how session is now it's releasing, as I played it about 2 years ago?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Solid OT Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage .

The controls scheme looks very interesting and much more intricate than any previous skateboarding game that I've played.
Thanks brother! If you can handle Skate, you can probably handle this. Instead of the tricks being on one analog stick, you use both. It actually makes it easier IMO but it also probably helps that I skateboard IRL. There's also a ton of accessibility settings to play with if you want less of a challenge.

I purchased this on early access forever ago, whilst it was super satisfying to land tricks/grinds etc, it felt really finicky/awkward at the same time, nowhere near as fluid as skate.

But it was only £12.49 on Xbox early access and felt like a more complete than skater XL what was £34.99 and pretty awful, it felt like a full priced tech demo!

Really curious how session is now it's releasing, as I played it about 2 years ago?
Lots of changes since the original release, including a physics overhaul. It's still not quite as smooth as the Skate games. The release today will be interesting to see how much more will change. The gifs & screenshots in the OT are from the 1.0 release. If you want to see what changes have been made over the years, JL_Nightmare has a playlist with each update & the new content.

I dropped off myself about a year or two ago and put some time into SXL. SXL really grew on me during this time. I have actually found it a bit tricky to come back to Session to re-learn the controls & timings. But, overall, I am much more excited to dive back into Session with the 1.0 release and the new Cali maps.

tried it out a while back and thought it sucked. what's the latest version like to play? the skating controls seemed interesting and complex but the game looked awful and it was very buggy.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Okay, a few mission in and they made some significant improvements from the last release. Controls, missions, everything is working very smoothly. Flip trick animations are stellar. I just loaded up the bus stop to see all the possible locations and holy shit, there's a lot. This game is going to keep me busy for quite some time. ~23 locations to travel to (some maps have multiple so not sure yet on how many distinct levels there are).

I'm quite impressed.

Going to watch JL's take as I play.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to the golden era of 90’s skateboarding as Session: Skate Sim skates, grinds, and ollies into our official launch.

With its unique twin-stick control system, transfer weight on the board to pull off tricks as if you were skating in the real world. Don’t forget to capture it on a video and share it with the in-game video editor, after all, is it really a sick trick if no one was around to see it?

Skate across various locations including Brooklyn banks (New York City), FDR Park (Philadelphia), Pier 7 and China Banks (San Francisco), and more. We’ve got an iconic roster of skaters you can play as too or create your own with gear and skateboard parts from real-world brands.

From gameplay to gear, we’re pushing absolute realism when it comes to Skateboarding, experience it for yourself now as Session: Skate Sim is available NOW on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and on PC (Steam/Epic Games Store).

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I put in about 4-5 hours yesterday. The missions can get intense, which is fantastic for me. I do wonder how someone who knows little or nothing about skateboarding will adapt to the game. There are times that they give you a specific set of tricks to do in a line or in quick succession that make me pause and unravel the foot placements & moves, very similar to actual skating. Which by the way, is just magnificent and is for me, the most rewarding part of the gameplay. But I imagine it to be quite confusing to someone who has no real insight into the tricks or how they work. I also think those people will probably drop off much earlier in the story line.

Regardless, I do hope the devs keep working on the game as the base is an incredible foundation. I'm in on any future DLC and will definitely be keeping an eye out for whatever is next for Crea-ture.

Larxia

I lost all hopes for this game a long time ago sadly.
I briefly tried it again this morning but it's still really janky, and it got such a huge graphical downgrade, the first early access used to look much, much better than this.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I lost all hopes for this game a long time ago sadly.
I briefly tried it again this morning but it's still really janky, and it got such a huge graphical downgrade, the first early access used to look much, much better than this.

Really? I strongly prefer the new visual over this:

Solid OT Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage .

The controls scheme looks very interesting and much more intricate than any previous skateboarding game that I've played.
It's definitely unique. Each stick is a foot. If there's still a demo up I highly recommend it. Made me buy the game instantly in early access. It's a bit slow and cumbersome, but feels very unique.

Nice OP!

I’ll definitely check this out when it comes to Xbox/PS.
I got it on Xbox.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nice OP!

I’ll definitely check this out when it comes to Xbox/PS.
I have good news for you. It's out now on both.

It's definitely unique. Each stick is a foot. If there's still a demo up I highly recommend it. Made me buy the game instantly in early access. It's a bit slow and cumbersome, but feels very unique.

I got it on Xbox.
Yes, exactly. That's one part I love about the gameplay. It's challenging, just like skating is IRL. It takes some time and effort to get good at it. Once you understand it, the city becomes a blank canvas for you to create with.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't mean this one, I meant the first version that came to steam a few years ago, not the kickstarter demo.
This one :

The image quality, level of detail, and lighting in particular were a lot better.

That's the version I first picked up and probably the one I spent the most time with. I honestly prefer the current version. The graphics do look better to me, especially at night. The skater animations/physics are a huge jump up. No more clipping with the board during tricks is a must if you are capping and sharing replays.

There's talk of upgrading to UE5 so maybe that will improve the graphics for you. In the meantime, they do have an insane amount of visual filters you can use to help the look of the game.

my question. is the demo on the xbox store a demo of strictly the old beta (game preview) version? Or is there a way to try the new official release without buying?

I tried the demo. Dual analog stick tricks i like. But using the triggers to move i just couldn't wrap my head around. And wasn't a fan of

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How similar are the controls to Skate?

How similar is it in general?
Not the same, but a similar concept. The left stick controls your left foot and the right stick your right foot. So instead of doing the entire trick on one analog stick, it's broken into two. Trick input reminds me of fighting games somewhat.

Here's a beginner guide to the controls:

And to give you a taste of some of the advanced tricks and cool things you can do:

In general it's a much more pared down. There is a story mode but it's text driven, no spoken audio. The brands and pros are there, but they are limited. No Baker, Independent, etc. The devs are only a handful of indie devs so keep that in mind. They absolutely did a great job but do not come in expecting cutscenes and perfect everything.

It's probably my favorite skating game for the controls alone. There is a good variety of locations across NYC, Philly, and SF to skate.

my question. is the demo on the xbox store a demo of strictly the old beta (game preview) version? Or is there a way to try the new official release without buying?

I tried the demo. Dual analog stick tricks i like. But using the triggers to move i just couldn't wrap my head around. And wasn't a fan of

I believe it is an older version and I do not believe there is a way to play the current build without owning it or having a friend who owns it. The older version will give you a good idea on the controls though. The inputs haven't changed since pre-alpha. They've added a lot of settings adjustments if you want to tweak them though.

damn. I never skated in my life, but I can tell when stuff is impressive and focused on real shit. This is miles superior to Tony Hawk Remake and what I hoped for on a skate game. Nice physics and graphics, and everything makes sense. I'll look into buying this later, looks fun as hell to master

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I am so damn addicted to this game. I messed aroudn with the previous version a bunch over the last month. I did not want to get too into knowing 1.0 was on the way. I am somewhat glad I did wait, as I feel enough has changed since spending a ton of time with the game. I was struggling with a few missions but cleared those this morning. I plan to spend some more time this afternoon. Hoping to have my first career playthrough done by Sunday so I can switch over to playing on hardcore mode w/ manual catch. I'll do that play through on my PC hooked up to the big screen. I am curious how different it will look at 4k on my 70" vs 800 on the Deck.

damn. I never skated in my life, but I can tell when stuff is impressive and focused on real shit. This is miles superior to Tony Hawk Remake and what I hoped for on a skate game. Nice physics and graphics, and everything makes sense. I'll look into buying this later, looks fun as hell to master
It might be tricky to understand if you're not familiar with skating, but just hit me up if you get it and need help. Stances and trick variations can get a bit mind bending at times.

Yeah, Im camp TH sorry
iu

Not the same, but a similar concept. The left stick controls your left foot and the right stick your right foot. So instead of doing the entire trick on one analog stick, it's broken into two. Trick input reminds me of fighting games somewhat.

Here's a beginner guide to the controls:

And to give you a taste of some of the advanced tricks and cool things you can do:

In general it's a much more pared down. There is a story mode but it's text driven, no spoken audio. The brands and pros are there, but they are limited. No Baker, Independent, etc. The devs are only a handful of indie devs so keep that in mind. They absolutely did a great job but do not come in expecting cutscenes and perfect everything.

It's probably my favorite skating game for the controls alone. There is a good variety of locations across NYC, Philly, and SF to skate.

I believe it is an older version and I do not believe there is a way to play the current build without owning it or having a friend who owns it. The older version will give you a good idea on the controls though. The inputs haven't changed since pre-alpha. They've added a lot of settings adjustments if you want to tweak them though.

after playing the demo again. And now buying the full version. I do believe the xbox demo is the 1.0 version. Because in the options it had lip trick toggles etc. Which i believe is new stuff.

I thought it was Okay after playing the demo for a little while. I just thought, ah, i already have Skate 3. And i like playing that. So like a day later i tried going back to Skate 3 and the whole time i was thinking about Session. It pretty much ruined Skate 3 for me lol. So i redownloaded the trial. Played some more because i still had like 45 mins left in the trial.

After the trial ended i was thinking bout the game and looking stuff up for it all nite. So i pulled the trigger on it tonite. Kinda wish i got the xbox version. Just because of Quick Resume and i had like 20 bux in my account so it would've been cheaper. I ended up getting the PS5 version because i figured there would be some dualsense features. As far as i can tell there is no haptic feedback, rumble, adaptive trigger or even audio thru the speaker. Which i find odd.

the triggers being how u move around is a bit unwieldy. Add to that the camera angle, it can make it difficult to line up grinds/slides. The hints in missions/tutorials aren't very helpful in trying to figure out what ur doing, or how to do it. The game can also be a bit on the wonky/glitchy side. And the creation mode seems pretty lackluster. Unless im missing something.

that said. This is easily the best skateboarding game i've played. It took me like an hour to complete one mission. As frustrating as it was, man is it satisfying to finally pull it off whether it be a trick or line.

if anyone has interest in skateboarding games, buy this 100%

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
after playing the demo again. And now buying the full version. I do believe the xbox demo is the 1.0 version. Because in the options it had lip trick toggles etc. Which i believe is new stuff.

I thought it was Okay after playing the demo for a little while. I just thought, ah, i already have Skate 3. And i like playing that. So like a day later i tried going back to Skate 3 and the whole time i was thinking about Session. It pretty much ruined Skate 3 for me lol. So i redownloaded the trial. Played some more because i still had like 45 mins left in the trial.

After the trial ended i was thinking bout the game and looking stuff up for it all nite. So i pulled the trigger on it tonite. Kinda wish i got the xbox version. Just because of Quick Resume and i had like 20 bux in my account so it would've been cheaper. I ended up getting the PS5 version because i figured there would be some dualsense features. As far as i can tell there is no haptic feedback, rumble, adaptive trigger or even audio thru the speaker. Which i find odd.

the triggers being how u move around is a bit unwieldy. Add to that the camera angle, it can make it difficult to line up grinds/slides. The hints in missions/tutorials aren't very helpful in trying to figure out what ur doing, or how to do it. The game can also be a bit on the wonky/glitchy side. And the creation mode seems pretty lackluster. Unless im missing something.

that said. This is easily the best skateboarding game i've played. It took me like an hour to complete one mission. As frustrating as it was, man is it satisfying to finally pull it off whether it be a trick or line.

if anyone has interest in skateboarding games, buy this 100%
Congrats! Similar thing happened with me and Skate 3. Session has made it impossible to go back to anything else that is not an improvement from the mechanics at work. SXL is good too but has less depth than Session.

Triggers for movement took me a bit to get used to but now there's no other way I want to move around on the board.

In terms of tricks and missions, that is my biggest concern for people who are not familiar with how tricks work in skateboarding, especially with the 4 stances a trick can start in (regular, nollie, switch, and fakie). If you get lost on one of the mission objectives, let me know and I will try my best to explain what is being asked.

Creation stuf is cool but it is a bit unweidly. The nicest thing about it is it can be used to help you do certain missions. I had a mission where I needed to ollie up to a ledge and fs 50-50 and kickflip out down to an embankment below. The ledge was super high so trying to fs 50-50 was frsutrating. Threw down a small kicker and suddenly the trick happened quickly.

I do agree overall with your assessment, the game has quirks, it's not perfect, but they really nailed the skateboarding aspect.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Session: Skate Sim is a simulation that’s for the skaters and by the skaters, but that also means that the game might not probably appeal to anyone not willing to spend dozens of hours in trying to understand the many nuances of this complex web of mechanics and physics.

Furthermore, the bland visual presentation and the lackluster story campaign doesn’t do any favors to anyone who’s not really into skating or simulation-styled experiences. But for fans wanting a really in-depth simulation of this adventure sport, Session: Skate Sim might just be the game you are looking for.

Freeman76

I find manuals so hard to get down in this. Stuck on the mission where you have to pop out of 3 manuals on marble slate.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I find manuals so hard to get down in this. Stuck on the mission where you have to pop out of 3 manuals on marble slate.
Whatever foot you are manualing with, just bring it all the way down/up and then immediately flick the other foot to ollie/nollie. IE: go from 50% to 100% and let go while simultaneously flicking the other stick in the opposite direction.

Is there a specific task that you are trying that's not working but the other ones were? Like, are they asking for a fakie manual and it's not clear what that is? Or is it just a basic manual pop out?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So I've finished up the main storyline. I've got a few missions remaining for some Pros before I start my hardcore playthrough. My thoughts are mixed but also extremely positive. There are a lot of shortcomings. There is a very solid foundation that can make the game killer though.

The devs want realism and don't care about difficulty curve turning people away. There are not many companies that would willingly go that route. I realize I am in the select few who like this approach. I appreciate the depth of the mechanics and the visual presentation of the tricks & environment, despite the shortcomings.

The control scheme can be adjusted to make the game easier. I don't know how easy the game is on 'easy', as I've really only ever played on the default settings. I have experimented with manual board catch, and will do a playthrough with it enabled from start to finish. I see this as a good thing, as it expands the ceiling for difficulty to levels unseen in skateboarding games before. I want the medium pushed toward further realism. So whatever developers can do to trend in this direction is a win for me.

The animations are the obvious shortcoming in visuals. It does look like an older game, especially with UE5 having been announced. Even at early access launch, it wasn't a killer looking game. I am satisfied enough with the visual look but it is definitely a weak point overall.

No multiplayer is also a huge, huge shortcoming. It's stupid but one of my favorite things to do in SXL is play on multiplayer maps. You're not talking to anyone or otherwise interacting, you just skate around with the homies. It's nice.

I'm not sure yet if I want to go for a 100% playthrough. I'm currently at 50% and intend to get at least a few more achievements before hanging up. In reality, this is a title I will return to frequently as a method to relax after a long day. There's something inherently rewarding when you get an idea for a trick and pop in-game to work it out. SXL was good at this as well.

My advice to anyone having a hardtime with Session, go check out SkaterXL. It's more beginner friendly, even if it has worse tutorials. You can still turn accurately with the left analog stick and the inputs are less complicated than Session. Use this as your starting point. If you want more difficulty, better realism, move to Session.

Honestly, buy both games to help support future titles or post-launch support. We need more and better skateboarding games and this is only possible if enough people buy and play them.

Overall score from me is a solid 8. There is a ton of potential if the devs keep working on the game, which by their accounts will continue to happen. This could be a 10/10 game for me down the road.

Soodanim

Skating Sims are the opposite of what I find fun, but it looks like over time there will be some good clips put together. Maybe they will be posted in this thread. Hint hint.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thank you Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage for this nice OT.

I'm kind of interested but I'm already knee deep in games. I'll keep it on my radar for sure.

Reading your OT there's a lot of spots from the era I used to skateboard and watching all the VHS tapes. Especially the east coast spots!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Skating Sims are the opposite of what I find fun, but it looks like over time there will be some good clips put together. Maybe they will be posted in this thread. Hint hint.
I just wrapped my first playthrough. I fully intend to play through again on hard mode. I'll try to post some of those captures. I can share some of the stuff from the Session Discord if you like?

Here's one that was shared recently by Koshirro:
WUuRjf1.mp4

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What are the historical challenges? They just show as ??????????? for me, do they unlock later or do you have to figure them out by trying stuff?
Figure it out by watching old skate vids. There are some people like JL_Nightmare that are discovering them all.

It would be pretty hard if you don't know the names of the spots. Like Jamie Thomas 'Welcome to Hell' line. No way anyone is unlocking that without first knowing about it.

Freeman76

Figure it out by watching old skate vids. There are some people like JL_Nightmare that are discovering them all.

It would be pretty hard if you don't know the names of the spots. Like Jamie Thomas 'Welcome to Hell' line. No way anyone is unlocking that without first knowing about it.

Ok thanks. The game is pretty decent, shame impossibles dont wrap around your foot but otherwise it feels great when you nail stuff. I'm hoping they can put stuff like this in eventually:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yOjbOphMPKk (not sure why this wont embed)

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
An pro skater (Tom Asta) who is in SXL streamed himself playing Session.

I'll have to give this a watch later.

e: here's another cool clip, curtesy of IX
lIXIjt0.mp4

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just got the achievement for playing through with manual catch. It actually wasn't too bad save for 2-3 missions. You can pick and choose which ones to do before the "Jam' / contests, making it pretty easy to choose ones that play to your strengths. No sense in choosing ones that are flip-in-flip-out type stuff. Some missions even accept an ollie as a flip or a flat trick, so you can really cheese it. I also found shoves to work well with manual catch.

That puts me 64% complete from an achievement standpoint. I intend to get the historical challenges as well, so for sure that would get 4 more achievements. The only ones I'm on the fence about are the distance for manny & grinding. The trick ones are easy enough, just do them a bunch. I might just end up 100% the game.

Top Bottom