• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex facts: Let's dispell all your worries with the power of statisticles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

if 70-80% of women need clitoral stimulation, then 70-80% of them should be asking for it, and 70-80% of men should be doing it during intercourse.

By intercourse I mean penetration. I agree with what you are saying. I was just trying to explain why some women are not having orgasms during sex. it is because guys aren't paying enough attention to the clit. For sure, communication is important.

By intercourse I mean penetration. I agree with what you are saying. I was just trying to explain why some women are not having orgasms during sex. it is because guys aren't paying enough attention to the clit. For sure, communication is important.

so was I. you realize you can stimulate the clitoris AND engage in penetration at the same time, right? this is what hands are for. There's lots of vibrators shaped to do exactly this. My ex had tons of them, but my wife isn't a fan.

oneils

so was I. you realize you can stimulate the clitoris AND engage in penetration at the same time, right? this is what hands are for.

Holy shit, yes. I agree with you. I was just responding to the guy's incredulity.

Guys (and women) are not paying enough attention to the clit (whether during/before/after penetration).

casmith07

Size is definitely important, but if you're swinging your sword skillfully it generally won't matter that much.

Just reading the clitoral stimulation statistic, its reasonable to infer that your dick isn't as important as other things to women's sexual satisfaction.

Still, having a small dick does suck for those times a woman actually just wants that dack.

Derwind

Female orgasms
[Disclaimer, survey based]

20-30% of women achieve an orgasm during sex.
70-80% of women require clitoral stimulation for an orgasm to happen.

tumblr_mcgaxbt0ns1rjez05o1_500.gif

LOCK

I'm average on length, but above average on girth. Yay me.

And most people do only last 5-10 minutes straight pounding. But I doubt most people only do that, as most young adult men can stay hard for a while. You change positions, change focus areas, switch things up. At least I do.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Besides losing virginity a little later than average, I think I'm doing well. About half of the women I have slept with have had orgasms. A couple of them said it was their first. It is an interesting experience...some have a sudden burst of strength and could lift me when in missionary.

I suspect when Ritalin tapers off such that you can get it up, but pleasure is slightly reduced so you last longer...that's when the magic happens.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Karak

I always wanted to last longer, until I started SSRIs. Now it can get ridiculous. When I read the side effects list I laughed at how it described lasting too long as "sexual dysfunction". Not now.

Fuuuuuck. MY memories of my past on Paxil was terrible due to just that. It started out lasting a little longer and a little longer and then...disaster...
Thank god that was years and years ago.

Because of SSRIs it took me two whole months of regular sex before I could even have a single orgasm. Eventually I could somewhat manage it, and finish regularly, but on occasion there was still the, "Hey could we stop?"

ToxicAdam

A woman's orgasm is mostly mental. So, it doesn't surprise me that the orgasm % is so low.

From an evolutionary standpoint, it doesn't even make sense why a woman would develop the ability/need to orgasm. Seems more likely its just the remnants of our gender ambiguity in the womb that leads to some women having the ability to tap into it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A woman's orgasm is mostly mental. So, it doesn't surprise me that the orgasm % is so low.

From an evolutionary standpoint, it doesn't even make sense why a woman would develop the ability/need to orgasm. Seems more likely its just the remnants of our gender ambiguity in the womb that leads to some women having the ability to tap into it.

It seems advantageous for a woman to enjoy sex.

ToxicAdam

Something can still be very pleasurable without having an orgasm. Rubbing any body part that has a high concentration of nerve cells is going to be a pleasurable experience.

overcast

My ex didn't have orgasms through sex. She clearly enjoyed it, but I resorted to my tongue for that. I agree that it doesn't need to be an orgasm to be considered good sex of course. Gotta keep it fresh with foreplay though.

I should really get to measuring my girth.. It's probably average-good girth with some good length.

FoxSpirit

But the ambiguous gender is female, not male. You are only male because of testosterone.

And the % is from penetration alone, not the total ability to orgasm. Big difference.

Chipotle

Because of SSRIs it took me two whole months of regular sex before I could even have a single orgasm. Eventually I could somewhat manage it, and finish regularly, but on occasion there was still the, "Hey could we stop?"

They fuck you up. I was so relieved when the sexual dysfunction side effect wasn't impotence. Little did I know...

Chipotle

I love to imagine all the obsessives measuring everything that can be measured about their penis. Make a plaster cast and tell us what the volume is

It seems advantageous for a woman to enjoy sex.

Something can still be very pleasurable without having an orgasm. Rubbing any body part that has a high concentration of nerve cells is going to be a pleasurable experience.

Personally a lot of the women I run into who can't have not experimented much with different positions and honestly the fact that some religions insist on missionary does not help.

RDreamer

Yeah. My wife doesn't like to have an orgasm every time. Hell she actually doesn't orgasm all that often. She still likes having sex. She needs clit stimulation, and she likes to be the one to do it (because she's that particular about it). I'm happy to oblige and she always goes first when she wants to, but she only wants to probably 20-30% of the time, like this thing says.

It's really funny how different girls can be. I was with one girl that could (no joke) have upwards of 20+ orgasms in a sex session, then there's my wife that's one every 5 or 6 times we have sex.

border

I've heard these statistics many times before and felt that they are not specific enough.

6-12 minutes for intercourse? Is that with a condom or without a condom? Is that with a regular partner or someone relatively new?

I saw my last girlfriend for 18 months and we regularly used condoms. I could go on with her for a nearly indefinite period of time. At some point she would almost point blank tell me to hurry up and get done, though in a nice way ("You can finish whenever you're ready"). Sex was basically letting her do whatever she wanted for however long she wanted, then wrapping it up when she'd had her fill.

At the same time though, I doubt I'd have anywhere near that stamina if I was not using a condom with someone I'd only met a few weeks ago.

Rickard

Intravaginal ejaculation latency time (E.g. how long it takes for the male to come after commencing vaginal penetration from start to finish - which means no position breaks, just straight up pumping)

Ages 18-30: 6.5 minutes

My record is 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom