• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Update 2.01 Released for 4K Support in 60fps Mode on PS5

M.W.

"Ayy! Yo people! DJ Khaled IN THE HOUSE! YOU FEEL ME?!"

Animated GIF
giphy.webp

BigLee74

This is great timing. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow was up next. Was excited because the Series X version had FPS Boost enabled, but this is WAY more appealing now.

You should still be more excited by the XSX version. It’s 4K 60fps with higher settings I believe.

I’ve played it. Rock solid frame rate , and looks great.

Nice. I was waiting for an update like this to replay it. Kinda pointless to play any PS4 games that don't have some sort of upgrade to it.

I do own this but haven't haven't got around to playing it yet, this makes it more interesting.
I wonder who released this, this is usually the sort of thing that Square Enix like to have Nixxes do on their behalf. I know Nixxes worked on the PC version of this game but I suppose they have to start getting their own teams in for stuff like this now.

GuinGuin

Banned
Square Enix dumbass dropped the ball with their Definitive survivor trilogy on PS4. The thing should have been been a PS5 release with 4K60 for all three games. When the game's supply was low it would have sold more than whatever sales they got from the definitive survivor trilogy. PS. I got this stuff on PC. But I like platinum trophies more than steam achievements.

I'll take the free next gen upgrade over paying for lazy ports.

Kerotan

Pity the series is shite. I got the first 2 trough ps plus and don't think I could spend another 15 hours of lara moaning every 10 seconds. Not that type of moaning anyway.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Haven't been able to find one sorry.

I don't think any of them are free as part of the plus collection but I think all of the games have been available as monthly PS+ games at some point.
I might have missed one of them… weird… 🤷‍♂️.

Gamerguy84

Probably a great update coming from PS4 but on PRO you had a choice of graphics/frame rate and both of those were great.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nearly three years after release, Shadow of the Tomb Raider received an update allowing the game run at a higher framerate while playing on High Resolution mode on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. So check out a bunch of different snippets of gameplay from the first hour or so of the game to see how it looks in this new graphic setting.

Top Bottom