• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 3 (Steam) is only $3.99 on Fanatical

bender

What time is it?
giphy.gif

Darn fun game, platinum'ed it when it was on PS plus extra, recommend to any folks who love arcade style shooter with a lot of movement.

baphomet

sweet, thanks for the heads up.

$40 definitely too much, I almost bought it for $20 a few days ago, but for $4 I can't not buy it.

As in that they are both games? Same way Jackass 4 reminded me of Schindlers List because they are both films.

Shadow Warrior 3 came and went and was one of the biggest let-downs of the year. $3.99 is what it was worth on launch if you ask me.
How was it a let down? Didn't have the same shiny graphics it did in the initial trailers?

Apocryphon

Game is dogshit and completely devoid of personality. Even at $3.99 it's bargain bin mediocrity. There are better shooters to spend your time playing than this drivel.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Fuck! Figures this happened while I wasn’t online.

Edit: Holy shit, it wasn’t just this that had a crazy sale price. Wonder if it was mistake or crazy flash deal?

Last edited:

Denton

Temporary price error I assume.

I loved SW1, liked SW2, and am not sure about SW3, so I am waiting for gamepass or humble bundle or something. The fact that they replaced the voice actor (and for idiotic reasons no less) just makes me not want to buy it for any significant amount of money.

GHG

Fuck! Figures this happened while I wasn’t online.

Edit: Holy shit, it wasn’t just this that had a crazy sale price. Wonder if it was mistake or crazy flash deal?

Temporary price error I assume.

I loved SW1, liked SW2, and am not sure about SW3, so I am waiting for gamepass or humble bundle or something. The fact that they replaced the voice actor (and for idiotic reasons no less) just makes me not want to buy it for any significant amount of money.

Still available on wingamestore:

Game is dogshit and completely devoid of personality. Even at $3.99 it's bargain bin mediocrity. There are better shooters to spend your time playing than this drivel.
I enjoyed SW3 quite a lot, while I currently can't motivate myself to continue or finish Doom., which was supposed to be some holy shit awesome shooter, but feels like Quake 2 or something like that from the era, which I did not like then too. Running way too fast around and keycards. ugh

GHG

Thanks for the heads up. It’s on back order though. 😭

I give it another year or two and it’ll be around that price lol. I would’ve cleaned house if I saw this last night though. Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem, Trek to Yomi, and Weird West were also real cheap.

Those deals are all still available on wingamestore.

Best place to track deals is here:

chixdiggit

Loved the previous Shadow Warrior games. Mixed reviews on this one but for that price I'm willing to give it a go. Hopefully Wingamestore fulfills the back order.

Banned
When is valve going to bring that dynamic completion to Windows? I game on Linux and this is just not an issue because they do it in the background for every game.

pretty sure that only works for Vulkan games.
and since games running in Linux either run Vulkan or get translated to Vulkan through Proton, that's how they do it.

on Windows where games just run with Direct X most of the time that's not possible currently.

edit: also are we sure they do that for every game? has anyone made a video or something testing this with UE4 games running DX12/Vulkan?

Last edited:

Apocryphon

I enjoyed SW3 quite a lot, while I currently can't motivate myself to continue or finish Doom., which was supposed to be some holy shit awesome shooter, but feels like Quake 2 or something like that from the era, which I did not like then too. Running way too fast around and keycards. ugh
Fair enough. I think Doom 2016 is fantastic, but found Eternal disappointing. Different strokes eh..

drotahorror

Those deals are all still available on wingamestore.

Best place to track deals is here:

What I love about gg deals is you can filter and bookmark your wishlist and have it use the exact stores of your choosing. For instance, my filters don't have have any deals from the Epic Game Store or some of the more sketchy key sites (g2a, kinguin etc).

So I get a nice curated list of official and key sites that I know I will use and can filter out the ones I know I'll never touch. (course I'm sure you already know, but this is for other folks really)

4riVcsx.jpg

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom