• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadows of Doubt - Official Gameplay Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's your look at gameplay, including a peek at the game's dynamic sci-fi city, in this new trailer from Shadows of Doubt, an upcoming open-world detective sim game.

In Shadows of Doubt, you must think like a detective and use a variety of gadgets to solve crimes in a fully-simulated sci-fi city. Meet individual citizens, each with their own name, job, apartment, and daily routine, and approach each case differently as you track down your suspects. Scan fingerprints, check call histories, read private emails, bribe citizens and watch CCTV, or pick locks, break down doors, and sabotage security systems to investigate key locations - there are multiple ways to solve each case.

Shadows of Doubt will be available on PC in early 2023.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the latest trailer for sandbox detective sim, Shadows of Doubt, launching in Steam Early Access on April 24.

Become a private investigator and track down a serial killer. Use your detective skills and gadgets to gather evidence and solve cases. Then, spend your hard-earned cash on decorating your apartment as well as new gadgets and equipment. Here's another look at this procedurally generated murder mystery game, featuring some tense Shadows of Doubt gameplay.

Buggy Loop

I looked at these reviews and it seems really neat. I love the idea of an immersive sim detective story and it seems to throw at you a LOAD of things to note.
You can investigate every citizens for information. You can call one's phone number but as the world is persistent with their own schedule, he might not answer if he works. You can always break in their home to search around. I like the idea. Like a detective / Thief sandbox. There's a bit of Disco Elysium into it in the likes that your character can get addicted to Cola and the likes if you use the item often haha.

Last edited:
I bought but have held playing off because some of the reviews have mentioned performance issues. I had some issues with the demo even though I have a fairly good machine so probably wait for a patch. Glad to hear the good impressions here though.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
This game is amazing. Legit blown away by how in-depth it is.

I had to find a clue in a diner. I could:

- bribe the staff
- pretend I was a health inspector to gain access to the backroom computer
- disable security and crawl through vents to access a computer
- find the telephone breaker room, lockpick the server and go through the phone logs to find the address I was looking for

So many options.

Extremely atmospheric, the investigations go deep, connecting the dots is cool and the city feels remarkably alive. UI is clunky and very controller-unfriendly, and sometimes it's not really clear what you're supposed to do but man the potential is there and I can't wait to see where this ends up a year from now.

Don't sleep on this if you're even remotely a fan of immersive simulators. This 100000% scratches that Thief / Dishonored / Deus Ex "sneak around and find out" itch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom