• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share Factory on PS5 is amazing

T0minator

I've had my PS5 since launch day and I've haven't touched the Share Factory app this entire time. Last night I tried it out and it's surprisingly easy to use!

NeoGAF, let me know what you think of my first Share Factory video of Ghost of Tsushima.

I'll take any suggestions and comments on this video. Recommendations for another game to do would be very much appreciated.

Here's my Ghost of Tsushima music video

Check it out and let me know what you think!

UPDATE: My second Share Factory video

Returnal

UPDATE: Ratchet and Clank video

PLAYSTATION TRAILER

Returnal trailer #2

The Last of Us 2

Last edited:

T0minator

You have a knack for editing, maybe take it a step further? Looks great, I enjoyed it.
I appreciate that 😊 it's my first video using Share Factory but I wanted to make it a good one. 👍🏼 what steps should I take to take it further?

I'm surprised by how I haven't heard much about Share Factory. It's easy to use. I think I'll make a PS5 1st year anniversary video next

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is there an actual dedicated app for it on PS5? I swear I've not seen it (and going into the app from you owned apps says its UNAVAILABLE).

. . .as a side, when are we going to get "turn off depth of field" as standard on consoles?

T0minator

Is there an actual dedicated app for it on PS5? I swear I've not seen it (and going into the app from you owned apps says its UNAVAILABLE).

. . .as a side, when are we going to get "turn off depth of field" as standard on consoles?
Yes there's a free Share Factory app on the PS5. Uploading videos are easy and clipping together isn't too complicated at all. Rendering at the end is really fast as well.

I'm gonna dig in to it a bit more and see what other effects and transitions it has to offer 👌🏼

BootsLoader

Banned
I've had my PS5 since launch day and I've haven't touched the Share Factory app this entire time. Last night I tried it out and it's surprisingly easy to use!

NeoGAF, let me know what you think of my first Share Factory video of Ghost of Tsushima.

I'll take any suggestions and comments on this video. Recommendations for another game to do would be very much appreciated.

Keep it up. It looks like you have a good understanding of this.

HTK

Banned
I appreciate that 😊 it's my first video using Share Factory but I wanted to make it a good one. 👍🏼 what steps should I take to take it further?

I'm surprised by how I haven't heard much about Share Factory. It's easy to use. I think I'll make a PS5 1st year anniversary video next
Step further would be, getting El Gato to record 4k footage and also editing on a proper software like Final Cut Pro (MAC) or Adobe Premier Pro (PC).

Get a AverMedia Capture Device that captures at 4K60 directly from ps5 to ur pc. Subscribe to Adobe Premier for 20 bucks a month and learn the software.

Here is the link https://amzn.to/2ZC5ZU0

Stay away from Elgato, they are trash and break too many times and support is useless.

You can do far better editing with real editing software than this shoehorned share factory crap imo. The forced PS Logo is kind of annoying from the Share Factory, its better to pay an artist for a real personal logo or brand if you want to grow or go anywhere with your video editing skills whether you are looking for a job or start your own channel.

Last edited:

T0minator

SF is so good. I've spend over 27 hours on it so far.
I'd really like to see your work if you don't mind.

I haven't ever messed with any editing programs but this Share Factory thing has been really tempted to try this out more. That was fun 😅

T0minator

Get a AverMedia Capture Device that captures at 4K60 directly from ps5 to ur pc. Subscribe to Adobe Premier for 20 bucks a month and learn the software.

Here is the link https://amzn.to/2ZC5ZU0

Stay away from Elgato, they are trash and break too many times and support is useless.

You can do far better editing with real editing software than this shoehorned share factory crap imo. The forced PS Logo is kind of annoying from the Share Factory, its better to pay an artist for a real personal logo or brand if you want to grow or go anywhere with your video editing skills whether you are looking for a job or start your own channel.
Thanks for the suggestions man, I'm definitely gonna try getting into editing more .. I really enjoyed using that app. PS logo and Share Factory logos are optional I was hesitant to use them just thought I'd try them for this video. Im taking your advice though 👍🏼

T0minator

I've recorded footage to make an Uncharted review, but lost the motivation to do my voice over / edit. Some of these YouTubers really are dedicated.
Honestly I've wanted to work from home for so long and content creator on YouTube felt like a good place to strive for . But you're right the dedication is no joke. I do appreciate that PlayStation has this option to edit videos within their UI. Makes me want to record more footage for games

kyoji

UPDATE: My second Share Factory video

Returnal

You’re hired! When can you start

T0minator

Make sure you record your videos at 4K/60+HDR. Sharefactory supports all of that.
Honestly I recorded all the footage of those of these trailers months ago not planning on making any videos because I just discovered Share Factory the other night. I know I should start using actual editing programs. I will soon. I never realized how much I'd like editing...I guess I've got a knack for it? Thanks for the advice sir! 👍🏼

T0minator

I used Share Factory a lot on PS4 and loved it. It's even better on PS5! I wish you could get it for PC as well.
That would be perfect. I'm hoping with Sony's push for PC they make Share Factory compatible for their PC games. But like I've been told.. There's waaay better programs out there on the PC

Step further would be, getting El Gato to record 4k footage and also editing on a proper software like Final Cut Pro (MAC) or Adobe Premier Pro (PC).
Honestly, Sharefactory is easier and quicker to use than the editing software I have on my PC. I bought an elgato for Xbox games, but on PS4/5, I always just use Sharefactory. Takes me less than half the time to edit

T0minator

Honestly, Sharefactory is easier and quicker to use than the editing software I have on my PC. I bought an elgato for Xbox games, but on PS4/5, I always just use Sharefactory. Takes me less than half the time to edit
You know what, I've never used any real editing software before.. just Share Factory on PS5 to do those videos and I've got to agree it didn't take long at all.. maybe an hour to make each. But I was in the zone lol

You know what, I've never used any real editing software before.. just Share Factory on PS5 to do those videos and I've got to agree it didn't take long at all.. maybe an hour to make each. But I was in the zone lol
The only big issue I have is that my voice-over audio gets compressed more on Sharefactory, so it sounds better doing it through the PC. It's not so bad though, if you get an ok mic. I can edit a full 30 minute review in about 2 hours. Takes me about 4 hours to do with "real" editing software.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I wouldn't follow this advice T0minator T0minator

While Elgato support isn't the best, their range of capture devices are FAR better than Avermedia. I've used Elgato for 6+ years and haven't had any issue that weren't resolved with a quick Google search.

Most importantly though is the flashback recording ability of their software. Allowing you to capture what you want when you want. Saves you TONS of time and space. Can name the files and the recordings don't overlap. OBS has the option to do something similar, but it's a pain in the ass to sort through the clips afterwards. Of course if you're capturing longer clips or simply don't like their software, you can still use OBS. Their software isn't required.

I should also point out that AverMedia software does have similar feature, but it's not as simple to use.

For editing programs that are free, I highly recommend DaVinci Resolve.

Although the advice for not paying for editing classes is good though. There's no need.

Last edited:
I wouldn't follow this advice T0minator T0minator

While Elgato support isn't the best, their range of capture devices are FAR better than Avermedia. I've used Elgato for 6+ years and haven't had any issue that weren't resolved with a quick Google search.

Most importantly though is the flashback recording ability of their software. Allowing you to capture what you want when you want. Saves you TONS of time and space. Can name the files and the recordings don't overlap. OBS has the option to do something similar, but it's a pain in the ass to sort through the clips afterwards. Of course if you're capturing longer clips or simply don't like their software, you can still use OBS. Their software isn't required.

I should also point out that AverMedia software does have similar feature, but it's not as simple to use.

For editing programs that are free, I highly recommend DaVinci Resolve.

Although the advice for not paying for editing classes is good though. There's no need.

I had too many capturing issues with the elgato hd60. It also broke on me and I couldn't even get my money back. Extremely frustrating. You must have gotten extremely lucky. I had a 4K60 capture device from elgato as well and that broke too. It is absolute trash.

Avermedia may have less choices, but their products actually do not break and do what they are meant to do. They are also a lot easier to use. Elgato settings are overly complicated. It might be preference thing I do not know.

I've been video editing for many years and went through many different softwares including Vegas, free ones and Adobe. Nothing matches Adobe, the free ones always have issues and not as many options. If he truly wants to get the best quality he can get then he needs to invest a little bit of money. $20 a month for Adobe bundle is absolute steal and totally worth it.

Basically it boils down to this. If he cares about high quality and good editing then he needs to do the following :

1 - AverMedia 4K60 Capture

2 - Adobe Bundle includes photoshop and premier if I am not mistaken for youtube thumbnails, social media art work/graphics/logos

Doing anything less and going the cheaper route will make him content look cheaper and not as high production value, this is assuming his serious about editing

I am not sure what you do man, but I think taking advice from someone who runs his own company, has over 4K follow on instagram and almost 7K on YouTube has a far better experience and advice than someone like yourself. But then again, I have no clue where you coming from so. Just saying it how it is.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I wouldn't say that's awful music.. but it's alot more than just putting music to game footage. The process takes a lot patience and a knack for editing. But your opinion is your opinion and I'll respect that
How dare you respect my opinion! 😳

Marvel

could never
Yup use it all the time to make fighting game montages and stuff. Been using sharefactory since its launch on ps4 for my channel.

PS5 version is even better.

Last edited:

T0minator

I think once the partnership between PlayStation and Discord starts early 2022....there's going to be a bigger community for this kind of content. I'll be interesting to see how Discord works on PS5

Caio

Deal! I'm going through Returnal today for Halloween. Trying to finish it up. But I'll start recording some footage for a Ratchet video this week 👌🏼👊🏼
Thanks buddy !
PS : My PS5 will most probably come with Horizon FW, and I will do my videos, can't wait !

T0minator

I think you have talent and should be hired by Sony !
Mate it's beautiful, I love it. Next ? :D
Lol thanks, yea I really like how that one turned out. I did all 3 of those in a span of just a few days. I think I'll take a little break but i want to do a God of War trailer next 👍🏼

Top Bottom