• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share Play on PS5 is a game changer

T0minator

I came across this video of Share Play and thought how cool is that to be to share your PS5 games with a PS4 friend. Since it's been hard for my brother to get a PS5 we decided to check out this Share Play feature....and wow it's an amazing feature!
My little nephew, from my brothers house in another state, took control of my PS5 game Astro Playroom from his PS4.

To let a friend or relative play PS5 games (or any games in their library) without having to own any of the games is a game changer for. My brother bought Sifu and I wasn't too sure about picking it up. I tried it with Share Play from his PS4 and now I'm sold on the game.

It's amazing nowhere near the acknowledgement that it deserves. Especially during the time when these consoles are hard to come across.

Who else has or hasn't tried out Share Play?

wvnative

it's existed on PS4 since 2016, but yes, it's one of the coolest features ever. I've co opped several games using it. also, friends can help me with parts of games i physically struggle with, like motion control seqments.

ethomaz

Banned
it's existed on PS4 since 2016, but yes, it's one of the coolest features ever. I've co opped several games using it. also, friends can help me with parts of games i physically struggle with, like motion control seqments.
2014…. almost a decade ago.

Sony introduced it with firmware 2.0 when they hit 10 million PS4 sold.

Last edited:

T0minator

I was surprised it ran so smoothly. Was it ever a big feature ppl talked about? That's a great selling point for these consoles. Do Xbox and Nintendo have a similar feature?

ethomaz

Banned
I was surprised it ran so smoothly. Was it ever a big feature ppl talked about? That's a great selling point for these consoles. Do Xbox and Nintendo have a similar feature?
I used it a lot on PS4.
Always worked very well.

Of course there is the lag when you were playing another PS4 outside just like remote play.

Last edited:

T0minator

I've been using this since the ps4 came out. Allowed some of my friends to try some new games they couldn't afford at the time.

Why is this not talked about as much? This new PS5 update does highlight the feature more. It really is awesome and it's the perfect feature for my brother and I until he's able to get his own PS5. Probably my favorite feature on any console at this point now

T0minator

You been living under a rock, OP?

I knew the PS4 started the feature years ago, I remember seeing the initial announcement of it way back when. I never said I didn't know about it.

Yesterday was just the first time I ever tried it. It was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. Share Play is definitely a feature that can be considered as a selling point.

MiguelItUp

I knew the PS4 started the feature years ago, I remember seeing the initial announcement of it way back when. I never said I didn't know about it.

Yesterday was just the first time I ever tried it. It was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. Share Play is definitely a feature that can be considered as a selling point.
I'm in the same boat OP. I'm primarily a PC player, so I think that explains my lagging behind on PS4/5 features. I haven't dabbled with Share Play yet, but only really heard about its intricacies recently. My first reaction was that I was surprised it wasn't praised more. Much like PS Now and Remote Play. I used Remote Play for the first time when Death Stranding dropped so I could play it via my PC while my girlfriend watched stuff on TV. I was amazed at how well it worked. I had always looked forward to actually playing from a completely different remote location, but a situation to do that hasn't presented itself yet, haha.

Kuranghi

Can I do this the other way round? So I take control of a PS4 Pro from my PS5?

My friend was complaining about not being able to get past something in Spyro, would be cool if I could give her a hand this way.

GametimeUK

I wish it was supported on Vita. I think I'd actually use it like I did on PS4. Handheld strikes on Destiny was fun.

Can I do this the other way round? So I take control of a PS4 Pro from my PS5?

My friend was complaining about not being able to get past something in Spyro, would be cool if I could give her a hand this way.
I think the bigger concern is for your friend who can't get past something in Spyro the Dragon. Are you sure she is ok getting herself dressed or brushing her teeth?

Top Bottom