• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law |OT| A Lawyer Show

nush

Gold Member
Dude, the double standard exists for a good reason, women are the gatekeepers. They are the ones that choose, a guy gets told those things because he was accepted for sex by a woman, it's not easy. A woman that isn't choosy and just gets laid with whatever demeans her own value, both to the people that she sleeps with and to herself. And guess what? A guy being a sex whore also isn't good for him either in the long term.

A key that can open many locks is a Master Key.
A lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Dude, the double standard exists for a good reason, women are the gatekeepers. They are the ones that choose, a guy gets told those things because he was accepted for sex by a woman, it's not easy. A woman that isn't choosy and just gets laid with whatever demeans her own value, both to the people that she sleeps with and to herself. And guess what? A guy being a sex whore also isn't good for him either in the long term.
In the whole series... She's been with 3 men. That's not a lot. Yet she should be called a whore ... And those were dates where she felt a connection. Not some random from off the streets (except for Matt but even then she met him previously and he was feeling her as well). She chose 3 men over the course of months since she became a Hulk. The show time isn't meant to mirror real world time.

The double standard is dangerous.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Those 10 people were either just aliens, science experiments or well trained individuals, and they were seen as the outliers, not a common entity.

Secretary Ross in Civil War: "More and more enhanced individuals are coming out of the woodwork..."

He wasn't talking about the Avengers.

bitbydeath

Secretary Ross in Civil War: "More and more enhanced individuals are coming out of the woodwork..."

He wasn't talking about the Avengers.
That’s in reference to the bad guys showing up to fight the Avengers. The whole thing was about if the Avengers never showed up then the bad guys wouldn’t either. It’s nothing to do with a population outside of what’s seen in the films.

Azurro

Banned
In the whole series... She's been with 3 men. That's not a lot. Yet she should be called a whore ... And those were dates where she felt a connection. Not some random from off the streets (except for Matt but even then she met him previously and he was feeling her as well). She chose 3 men over the course of months since she became a Hulk. The show time isn't meant to mirror real world time.

The double standard is dangerous.

I don't care about the show written by self inserted lonely cat ladies in their 30s that the only men they ever had as friends were gay. I'm talking about your incredibly dumb rant of "men whore themselves out and get high fives, how come women don't?! They should whore themselves out too!!".

Last edited:

YCoCg

A key that can open many locks is a Master Key.
A lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.
This is such a bullshit analogy as it assumes women don't like sex. In this scenario what if the lock likes being opened and given a good pounding every now and then without having to deal with a relationship.

And if you actually believe women don't like sex then that says more about you in all honesty.

nush

Gold Member
And if you actually believe women don't like sex then that says more about you in all honesty.

You're projecting something I didn't say and don't think.

I know women like sex, that's why lot's of them come to me and come back to me for more. :messenger_beaming:

Final twerking gif spam before the last episode
RwdO7cH.gif
b5o5hAw.gif
woAhXT7.gif

0NIoOWU.gif
VT7qlVg.gif
ZTHjYBd.gif
zdPSB3Z.gif
TwtnXt1.gif
RnRpvgM.gif
J6xH1BE.gif
9wZfZYX.gif
xo8KTrj.gif
i9B0E8o.gif
8PAwBFG.gif
M06Vyn8.gif
5pG8PjO.gif
kvR9AOj.gif
37bna3a.gif
7Dse5Hi.gif
D7Juvxl.gif
xcrMa1D.gif
TcGppvE.gif
8w359Yw.gif
qME84iA.gif
5VmXGFC.gif
Isy0Baq.gif
WUkaZHH.gif
LuK1vCN.gif
Ep0UuWv.gif
Jfa6wHv.gif
2zt9gQl.gif
eg4ya71.gif

YCoCg

You're projecting something I didn't say and don't think.

I know women like sex, that's why lot's of them come to me and come back to me for more. :messenger_beaming:
Projection doesn't work like that, you can't Uno reverse a call out :p So going off your comments, you must be having sex with some weak low women then right? If your key can unlock them and all that ;)

Little Mac

Gold Member
Some laughs in the final episodes but the entire series was a bit of a disappointment for me. The first 3 episodes were great imo but it just seemed to slowly decline after that and somewhat flatlined around the wedding episode. Daredevil was great last episode when he showed up and gave me hope they would give us a decent finale but it didn't happen. They went overboard with the forth wall shit. Talking to the camera/audience is one thing but the streaming browser/writers room shit was stupid. Kevin scene was kinda funny though and I appreciated the X-Men name drop. Regardless, I don't understand why the writers threw Abom under the bus in the finale? What purpose did that serve? Also, as if the cringey trope family get togther where you make the new couple die inside wasn't terrible enough, the hulk son reveal was just stupid and contradicted the entire episode of distracting plot lines (Marvel is probably going to force a streaming teen titans-esque superhero team with Thor and Hulks new kids). She Hulk is a 5.5/10. Shame. I really like the talented actress that plays She Hulk. The writers just failed hard.

nush

Gold Member
hey went overboard with the forth wall shit. Talking to the camera/audience is one thing but the streaming browser/writers room shit was stupid. Kevin scene was kinda funny though and I appreciated the X-Men name drop.

She stole Deadpools powers.

Madflavor

I watched a lot of clips from the finale. I feel like the MCU has reached it's lowest point. I get the 4th Wall breaking is She-Hulk's thing, but it just wasn't cleverly executed here. I think back to the early days of the MCU, how far it came with Infinity Way and Endgame, and where it's at now. I think Kevin lost his passion and the MCU is just his job now. I don't doubt he still loves Marvel and these characters, but when you compare Phase 4 to 1-3, the tone and quality are all over the place, there's less quality control, and there's a "eh fuck it do whatever" vibe. The MCU has turned into exactly what I knew it would after Endgame. Instead of letting the dust settle and putting the MCU on hiatus for 5-10 years to let audiences breath, and to come up with a new saga, they hit the gas pedal and started releasing more content than ever. Quantity over quality. This is the result.

Love how the main bad guy for She-Hulk were internet incels, and the 4th wall break was She-Hulk realizing the writing of this show sucks, but in a way where they don't even recognize the irony there. Guess the writing was on the wall after that "She's got help" moment in Endgame.

images

"Sheesh now I know why Cap went back to the 40s."

Toons

Banned
Amazing finale. Folks complaining simply aren't familiar with the character. Its hilarious to see.

She was doing this before Deadpool even EXISTED. Fiege has not lost his passion, his passion for the comics is very clear in how they deliberately remake the tone and style of the series that inspired it. Someone without passion would've done a straight legal show we've seen a million times.

This is what she Hulk is. She argues with her writers. She breaks out of panels. She rewrites her own stories. She's always been luke this. You dont have to like it but this is exactly what her character does. And just like you didn't read her comic issues when they were coming out, you dont have to watch her series and can go watch the next super serious thing that you guys are also all complaining is too samey.

When mcu does a straightforward superhero show people complain its formulaic and basic and want something different. They literally have a character fight marvel studios henchmen and break out of the Disney plus screen, and now its too different lol.

Its fine. Not everythings gonna hit for you. But imo this shoe was awesome and that finale elevated the whole thing.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
God I hate meta humor so much. I can't believe they made such a ridiculous finale. My jaw dropped at the audacity of what they did.

Over all, the show was hit or miss. Some good and some bad. It was best when it was basically Harvey Birdman

Toons

Banned
BDx0DHQ.jpg

Here's the she hulk writer writing himself into the series being scrutinized by she hulk.

30 years before the she hulk writers wrote themselves into the series being scrutinized by she hulk

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
It was stupid then, and its stupid now.
Nah, it was subversive and unique then, and still is.

Like I said you dont have to like it.

Casuals are starting to realize what every comic reader has already known... You're not going to like every character and every series. Some you'll leave on the shelf for another fan to buy. Thats ok.

MCU will have plenty more content that is more to your taste.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It was alright. That’s the series finale ?

Liked the X-Men question. It went really really fourth wall breaking. Changed from Ally Mcbeal with snu snu to deadpool with snu snu

Trunx81

The only thing that bugs me is that after the Moonknight finale, this is the second time they chicken out of a final confrontation scene :(

This is such a bullshit analogy as it assumes women don't like sex. In this scenario what if the lock likes being opened and given a good pounding every now and then without having to deal with a relationship.

This is so cringey, fucking hell. That’s not at all what he said.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Possibly the worst finale I think I have ever watched.. I mean I was rooting for this show.. like other MCU Disney+ shows where the first half of episodes were bad leading into a nice 2 or 3 last episodes to bring the characters into the universe in a big way. This.. this,, was just crap.. no cool villian or plot twist.. it was basically a filler finale.. so lame.

Last edited:

Tieno

I didn't like the show, I did like how it angered rage baters and tried to make fun of them. It's all so transparent, it's an entire eco system of people watching stuff that makes them angry

///PATRIOT

Banned
The finale was great. All the incels are mad as fuck and that brings me joy.
Sorry, I thought I was reading resetera or a blue checkmark tweet, for a moment.

I didn't like the show, I did like how it angered rage baters and tried to make fun of them. It's all so transparent, it's an entire eco system of people watching stuff that makes them angry
There are some dumb people thinking a superhero story should divert to "the message" and activism, and this is the results. Some of them are willing to shit a story and a production just to stick it to the "incels" and "female empower", I don't know if this comes from some sort of shallow infantile sense of morality, narcissism or room temperature IQ.

Urban

For me personally that was the most disappointing finale I’ve ever seen. The whole series felt like a waste of time with that “twist”. What a bulllshit

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It was always she hulk in the “real world” I don’t know why they maintained her as Jennifer and didn’t switch over to the actress.

The OA had the best mind bending 4th wall thing before being canceled and all the actors became themselves and not their characters.

Toons

Banned
Indeed SpongeBob is a thousand times smarter and funnier than this dreck.

Spongebob is indeed great, but so is this show.... in a different way. Its not prime spongebob but few shows are

Anyways its remarkable that the rage about this show was and is literally so predictable the writers were able to lampoon the criticisms they hadn't even received yet with 100% accuracy.

Its actually not that impressive its just sad that thats what the "fanbase" is reduced to

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
The year is 2022 and people are now calling John Byrne stupid.

What you have to realize is a lot of these folks never actually liked comic books. They don't LIKE the source material they just like flashy action scenes and stuff.

They're new to comic style writing and it shows.

There were folks that didn't even know she hulk was a preexisting thing before this show.

I actually hope the rage tubers watch this. They seem to be under the impression they are ahead of the curve with MCU stuff. They can predict what they'll do next based on the "agenda." This show flipped that on its head. These guys know EXACTLY what you are. They just usually are ignoring them. This is rhe most acknowledgement they've given and its to make fun of them.

They know these guys will keep coming back. It's how they pay the bills. They have to watch the next thing so they can make a video complaining about it. Might as well have some fun while they're at it

Last edited:
Top Bottom