• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 4 will be ‘easier’ to make happen if 3 sells well, says Suzuki.

Enjay

Banned
Yu Suzuki (not so) subtley looking for "partners" (pigeons) to invest in it. I hope he's greedy enough as I can see him falling on his face this time.

Freeman76

The guy needs to respect his fanbase and condense this down so we can see the end of it. To wait 18 years for the third game and feel like we are no closer to a conclusion takes the piss, and borders on arrogance as far as im concerned.

I dont know why they dont just bite the bullet and release the rest of it episodically as DLC, a bit like FF15 model. Waiting multiple years for number 4 when he said the entire story spans more than 10 games is a joke quite frankly.

Enjay

Banned
The guy needs to respect his fanbase and condense this down so we can see the end of it. To wait 18 years for the third game and feel like we are no closer to a conclusion takes the piss, and borders on arrogance as far as im concerned.

I dont know why they dont just bite the bullet and release the rest of it episodically as DLC, a bit like FF15 model. Waiting multiple years for number 4 when he said the entire story spans more than 10 games is a joke quite frankly.
He's a video game carny.

Geki-D

Banned
S3 was honestly pretty terrible. I'm not really sure I even trust them to make a decent game let alone a decent ending to the franchise. If they must then sure, but they better rush it and end it in the next game. Otherwise I really don't care too much. S3 is so bad that I'm happy knowing it killed the series.

lachesis

I don't think Yu and Sega are really in bad terms - the whole S3 is peppered with Sega stuff - like Sega Saturn minatures, Sega logos all over, (QTE3 and other stuff), Sega posters (VF3, Space Harrier etc).

If the fighting system's change was due to Sega's copyright issue.. I just hope they can work it out somehow. Without grabbing/throws - things are quite a bit a mess... although I am finally getting used to doing some combos. Low sweeps to unblanace your opponent and flurry of strikes cancelled into finishing blow (elbow strike) - followed by couple of low sweeps to take off additional damage is my current method. It's getting pretty enjoyable, but I still miss tactile feeling of the S1 and 2 fighting system. Camera, though - is much more locked in this time around - so it's good and bad at the same time. More stable camera could have been more useful in S1 and 2 fighting - but you also lose some cinematic angles...

Anyhow, currently running through Niaowu - enjoying every minute of it. Every time I see Shenhua, I feel bad for her though... that she left her home following Ryo (me) to find her dad - but I am taking my sweet time - of getting all the capsule toys and lucky hits. LOL.... and end up at the hotel, reporting to her "nothing new to report".

Hope S4 would come soon. It's apparent the game of this scope, really needs proper funding and dev crew. 75 people just won't cut it.

Top Bottom