• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - Announcement Trailer - 2023

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened is a Cthulhu meets Sherlock Holmes detective horror adventure. The game acts as a continuation of young Sherlock’s story with Holmes and Watson undertaking their first major case together.

An Eldritch god-obsessed cult is making moves in the shadows to bring about a world-altering prophecy and it’s up to the young detective duo to thwart their plans. This is a creative take on what horror-filled and reality-breaking events could have met our heroes at such a crucial point in their lives to go on and shape them into the characters we all know they become. Delve into the trauma and fear that cements their friendship for good and the revelations that break Sherlock’s mind to create the flawed and haunted genius he is destined to be.

Originally released in 2006, The Awakened is a full remake and substantial rewrite being rebuilt and redesigned from the ground up to run in Unreal Engine 4.

Coming in 2023 to PC, Xbox, Playstation and Switch.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Please tell me is not a frogwares game.

:messenger_clapping::messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

DAMN!!!! IT IS!!!!

:messenger_weary::messenger_pensive:.

😴😴😴💤💤💤
Go Away GIF

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
God dam cross gen, i suppose covid extended crossgen by about a year. 2024 will be the year we finally rid of cross gen!

Some of them are really good. Others not so much.
The game that spawned this one is good.
Yeah, I played 4 or 5 of them and all are at least average, and one or two were actually pretty dang good. For what they are, keep in mind - these are basically interactive stories with some puzzling and light detective work. But they are well done for what they are.

Tams

God dam cross gen, i suppose covid extended crossgen by about a year. 2024 will be the year we finally rid of cross gen!
I don't know what your problem is.

PlayStation and Xbox are using similar hardware this gen, just more powerful. And they're making this for the Switch and PC, so it's going to have to be scalable anyway.

Sosokrates

I don't know what your problem is.

PlayStation and Xbox are using similar hardware this gen, just more powerful. And they're making this for the Switch and PC, so it's going to have to be scalable anyway.

Making a game from the ground up for the Xbox S/X + PC would raise the quality vs making it for a X1/PS4 base.

So my problem is that I prefer better games.

However this new Holmes game could still be good, I liked the previous ones. It just could of been better if being made of current gen.

Tams

Making a game from the ground up for the Xbox S/X + PC would raise the quality vs making it for a X1/PS4 base.

So my problem is that I prefer better games.

However this new Holmes game could still be good, I liked the previous ones. It just could of been better if being made of current gen.
Actually bother to read the comment you are reply to next time.

Tams

So you're expecting every game this gen to be released on ps4 and Xbox one? Similar hardware and scalable right?

Big brain thinking over here
Never said that. Just implied it's not going to be some massive project for them considering the systems are so similar. The only real expense is going to be in QA for more systems. So what?

Anyway, both of your whining isn't going to change what they are going to do.

Never said that. Just implied it's not going to be some massive project for them considering the systems are so similar. The only real expense is going to be in QA for more systems. So what?

So if the only real expense is QA, why wouldn't they release games on Xbox one/ps4 throughout the entire generation?

Unless, you know.... You're full of shit

Sosokrates

Says the guy whining just because i express some disapointment about it not being a current gen game.

I mean who the hell would not prefer a current gen game over a cross gen version?

Last edited:

Tams

RIP to Frogwares games??

Why? Do Frogware games hold a licence to the few currently still in copyright Sherlock Holmes stories with the copyright owners?

I know that a lot of this is the 'nuance' of when certain characters were introduced and when their characters changed, not the stories in and of themselves, but much of Sherlock Holmes has been in the public domain for a while now.

You need to actually make games, which Frogware Games do. That's the sticking point here. Most people and entities do not.

Top Bottom