• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V |OT| Persona heartless version.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
On the flip side, I just got my email confirming my copy of SMTV, and Zelda game & watch, will be here tomorrow.
f9c.gif
You motherf**ker!!!
6QOvK.gif

Danjin44

EZA's Frametrap episode for SMTV really made the wait unbearable, it seems it has everything I love about SMT games.

god-damn-it-ryan-reynolds.gif

God I wish my copy didn't got push back.......FUCK! Devil tells me I should just get digital copy but I really , REALY want the physical copy, especially the fact the physical copy for SMTV is going to be in very short supply.

I just have to bare it for 4 day.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game is ok so far; not seeing anything that makes it stand out from previous versions of the game. If you like SMT you'll like this game. Hopefully the game does well, but I doubt that. Not really sure why this couldn't have been released on PC or other consoles beyond the SWITCH.

Lognor

Banned
Game is ok so far; not seeing anything that makes it stand out from previous versions of the game. If you like SMT you'll like this game. Hopefully the game does well, but I doubt that. Not really sure why this couldn't have been released on PC or other consoles beyond the SWITCH.
I'd bet it'll be the best selling SMT ever. I haven't looked up numbers, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Atlus gonna Atlus. Persona should be on other consoles and PC. Why does Atlus do this? It's nothing new. Just gotta deal with it.

Danjin44

Not really sure why this couldn't have been released on PC or other consoles beyond the SWITCH.
Same way most Persona games get released on Playstation, majority of mainline SMT games get released on Nintendo, Nocturne was the one exception.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'd bet it'll be the best selling SMT ever. I haven't looked up numbers, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Atlus gonna Atlus. Persona should be on other consoles and PC. Why does Atlus do this? It's nothing new. Just gotta deal with it.

Which is unfortunate because, priced right at least on STEAM/EGS, this could open up more people to the game and justify ports of the previous games (SMTIV for example - though that would probably be more than a straight up port, especially with that woeful camera).

Lognor

Banned
Which is unfortunate because, priced right at least on STEAM/EGS, this could open up more people to the game and justify ports of the previous games (SMTIV for example - though that would probably be more than a straight up port, especially with that woeful camera).
No doubt. Just like releasing Persona 5 on PC would have the same effect. Look how well P4G did on PC. Atlus gonna Atlus though.

Danjin44

Its what it is, if someone is fan of SMT games they should bought Switch by now, since this was announced back in 2017 and SMT has history of releasing mostly on Nintendo systems.

For me SMT series are much more important than FF or other RPGs series so I got Switch for this game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Consolation is that the game runs on Yuzu, but yeah a port would've been preferable.
I don't know man, I tried it and it had some (little) graphical issues and it crashed a few times, which can be a pain in this game.

I'm happy with the Switch version, but yeah... a PC native version would have been perfect.

Mister Wolf

It was on the Nvidia leak. Sega will definitely release it on PC.

Danjin44

Looks like this won't unlock until 3AM my time (Eastern) so I won't be playing tonight. God dammit!
you-have-no-right-how-dare-you.gif

to complain, I don't get my copy until 16th, I should be the one here crying........
200.gif

It was on the Nvidia leak. Sega will definitely release it on PC.
If it is then it’s going to take a while and I'm pretty sure Atlus first will bring P5 to PC since that game is more popular.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
EZA's Frametrap episode for SMTV really made the wait unbearable, it seems it has everything I love about SMT games.

god-damn-it-ryan-reynolds.gif

God I wish my copy didn't got push back.......FUCK! Devil tells me I should just get digital copy but I really , REALY want the physical copy, especially the fact the physical copy for SMTV is going to be in very short supply.

I just have to bare it for 4 day.
The devil huh? :)
CC332-B29-4113-4922-A1-F0-6-E202-AB273-A8.png

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Couple of hours in and the game reminds me more of SMT3, than 4, which I think is the better game. Not that far in still, but there doesn't seem to be the weirdness of 4 here (beyond the usual weird SMT stuff) that I really enjoyed. Enjoying the game for sure, but I think this one might be "just as good" as 3 in terms of narrative and come no where close to 4.

. . .mostly wish we could get some kind of update to the gameplay.

Danjin44

Couple of hours in and the game reminds me more of SMT3, than 4, which I think is the better game. Not that far in still, but there doesn't seem to be the weirdness of 4 here (beyond the usual weird SMT stuff) that I really enjoyed. Enjoying the game for sure, but I think this one might be "just as good" as 3 in terms of narrative and come no where close to 4.

. . .mostly wish we could get some kind of update to the gameplay.
That’s actually super good news to me, I enjoyed IV a lot but Nocturne is my favourite SMT game and for me Press Turn is my all time favourite combat system in any RPG, I don’t need that to change.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Why isn't it unlocking? Noooo!

Edit: it unlocked. Finally, been waiting on this one for so long

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Gameplay and story wise, this is a great entry in the series. Loving the mechanics and that it's a little tougher than Persona 5.

Visual and audio wise? Man. I know this custom K1 SoC wasn't great back in 2017 at release, but at least previous developers squeezed some blood from that stone.

This game looks like some something running on an iPhone from 2014 with the framerate to match. Seriously. I am not being hyperbolic. This game's visuals are distractingly poor.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This game looks like some something running on an iPhone from 2014 with the framerate to match. Seriously. I am not being hyperbolic. This game's visuals are distractingly poor.
And here I am thinking this might be ome of the prettiest games on the Switch. :goog_relieved:

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Today's the day people. Today's the day I put this on my shelf and look at it for weeks before playing it.

(psych, I'll probably try this over the weekend)

waiting for my copy arriving. it's 6 stops away.

also waiting on my Switch OLED being delivered today. i need to go out soon so no doubt the UPS guy will turn up right after i leave.

Totally feels like a continuation of Nocturne, which I am not mad about at all. I almost wish I had managed to snag the collector's edition so I'd have the full soundtrack on hand. Really intrigued by the world and story so far.

Hard to believe I'm playing a new SMT game after all this time.

my switch has arrived (it did indeed come when i had to go out. typical. but my neighbour took it in for me).

now waiting on the game itself! while i wait i will unbox and set it up :D

Mercador

I'm already losing my sanity waiting for 16th to pick up my copy, This game is my personal most hype game this gen, there no way in hell I'm gonna wait that long.
If money isn't an issue, why don't you just double dip? If the wait is unbearable, just buy it digital so you can play right now and keep the physical copy pristine.

Danjin44

If money isn't an issue, why don't you just double dip? If the wait is unbearable, just buy it digital so you can play right now and keep the physical copy pristine.
I don’t know, I always felt buying two copies it waste of money, and another thing is this game file size is 12gb, I rather just buy it physically.

Concurring with people saying it's more like Nocturne than 4.

Which for me is a positive and I much rather have that direction that whateverthefuck Apocalypse was.
i've never played a SMT game before but i do remember people recommending playing SMT IV. i looked at it and it didn't appeal to me at all. it looked silly. from what i've seen of III i think i might end up buying that if i have a good time with V and want more.

Hmmmm .......

fuck off. seriously. lol

i just go buy a Switch to play this game and now there is a hint that it might come to PC? lol. well, i didn't buy it just for SMTV...i need to play BOTW2 and i will probably go back to Animal Crossing but i will be a bit pissed if SMTV comes to PC (but i'll fucking buy it again)

edit: nvm. in my rage i didn't see PS4. i can't see them bringing this to PS4. maybe they tested the game on PS4/PC or thought about releasing it for PS4/PC? but then...it is Atlus who released Persona 4 on PS2 in 2008 when the PS3 was already out lol.

Last edited:

nikos

The way I see it is if I waited to play other Atlus games on different platforms, I'd probalby still be waiting.

Also have ultrawide monitors, so I'd probably be waiting for a possible port that probably wouldn't support it.

Last edited:
The way I see it is if I waited to play other Atlus games on different platforms, I'd probalby still be waiting.

Also have ultrawide monitors, so I'd probably wait for a possible port that probably wouldn't support it.
true. i can play the game on Switch today. i'm sure it'll be playable through emulation soon on PC but to do that legally i'd need to already own a switch and the game.

we've been hearing cries of people wanting Persona 5 on Switch/PC for years now. if i didn't buy it on PS4 and sat about waiting for a PC/Switch port then i wouldn't have played one of my favourite games of all time!

so i guess i will just stop worrying and go play SMTV on my Switch right now :D

Sakura

Played it for about 10 hours and got wrecked by a boss.
Will play more once the weekend is over.
i've never played a SMT game before but i do remember people recommending playing SMT IV. i looked at it and it didn't appeal to me at all. it looked silly. from what i've seen of III i think i might end up buying that if i have a good time with V and want more.
It should be mentioned SMTIV and Apocalypse are different games.

Top Bottom