• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V |OT| Persona heartless version.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
aea5cd0b3b6a28b182bb39f03c736d67e970a43defcafa14ecb3ead0edf7e73c.jpg

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: November 12, 2021
Developer: Atlus
Publisher: Atlus
Price: CAD$79.99 US$59.99
Official Website: https://megaten5.jp/

Review:

Summary:
THE AMBITIONS OF GOD AND HUMAN CLASH AMIDST THE HORROR OF A DYING WORLD. NEITHER HUMAN NOR DEMON, THE NEWLY-FORGED NAHOBINO AND HIS FRIENDS MUST DECIDE WHAT IS WORTH SAVING... AND PREPARE TO SACRIFICE EVERYTHING IN ITS NAME. IN A WORLD WITHOUT ITS CREATOR, WHICH PATH WILL YOU CHOOSE?
atllnsihtrx71.jpg

632Dgad.jpg

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Nice OT! Sorry you have to wait a bit though, that sucks.

I'm super pumped for launch! This will be my girl's first SMT game, she's played the Persona games but not the SMT line, even though I have all the DS/3DS western releases. She knows what to expect though, and digs dungeon crawlers, we recently played through Shining in the Darkness which, so I think she'll be A-Ok. We were binging the Daily Demon videos last night, so many great designs, I love the artwork in this series/game. As a long-haired guy its nice to see a main protagonist with great flowing locks. Really stylish character design. I also heard the music is great, can't wait to get some tunes stuck in my head. I might have to get the OST.

The hype is getting to dangerous levels for me. I am going dark when this things launches! Can't wait to sink in on some good SMT. Godspeed, Danjin44 Danjin44 The wait will be worth it!

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I’m so fucking mad. Amazon Canada delayed mine to dec 10th… December 10?? Holy crap. Thanks prime. They told me, « do you want us to cancel it? » After 3 helpers just disconnected from chat. No you fuckwit, I CAN cancel it myself, I want you to not deliver a product a month later than promised when I purchased it.

Danjin44

I’m so fucking mad. Amazon Canada delayed mine to dec 10th… December 10?? Holy crap. Thanks prime. They told me, « do you want us to cancel it? » After 3 helpers just disconnected from chat. No you fuckwit, I CAN cancel it myself, I want you to not deliver a product a month later than promised when I purchased it.
florida-evans-damn.gif

Its going be extra brutal for me, I don't know why but Atlus always screws up the shipping for Canada, this is why it got push back to 16th.
I feel for you man. I had retailers delay my shipment before. It sucks. At least it’s not December. Hope the neogaf gold brightens your day a little.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I hate school parts in Persona games, i just play them for pokemon like super cool personas. I always thought of Shin Megami Tensei games as the japanese version of Persona games, whereas it's just another game of the same type without school bull[redacted]. I later found out that SMT 4 and 5 are exclusive to nintendo consoles :pie_dfws: . I can buy Nocturne from steam but it has random encounters which i hate a lot.

The bottom line: [redacted] your console exclusivity bull[redacted] guys.

Danjin44

I hate school parts in Persona games, i just play them for pokemon like super cool personas. I always thought of Shin Megami Tensei games as the japanese version of Persona games, whereas it's just another game of the same type without school bull[redacted]. I later found out that SMT 4 and 5 are exclusive to nintendo consoles :pie_dfws: . I can buy Nocturne from steam but it has random encounters which i hate a lot.

The bottom line: [redacted] your console exclusivity bull[redacted] guys.
I would say you would be disappointed if you are expecting SMT to be Persona just without calendar system.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I would say you would be disappointed if you are expecting SMT to be Persona just without calendar system.
If you talking about plot/theme differences, i don't care that much about their stories. I just want to collect personas/demons and combine them to create different ones. That's all i want. According to my little research, everything else is looking fine for me, other than Switch exclusivity :messenger_smirking: .

Danjin44

If you talking about plot/theme differences, i don't care that much about their stories. I just want to collect personas/demons and combine them to create different ones. That's all i want. According to my little research, everything else is looking fine for me, other than Switch exclusivity :messenger_smirking: .
Then yeah you gonna enjoy SMT, since unlike Persona Demons are your party members instead being MC's powers and as for exclusivity, other than Nocturne most of mainline SMT games have been on Nintendo just like how most all Persona games have on Playstation.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Then yeah you gonna enjoy SMT, since unlike Persona Demons are your party members instead being MC's powers and as for exclusivity, other than Nocturne most of mainline SMT games have been on Nintendo just like how most all Persona games have on Playstation.
You can play Persona 4(and Persona 5 strikers, if that counts) and lately Nocturne on PC so i hope Atlus gets rid of this exclusive business completely.

You got a metaverse right there.
I learned my lesson with the Wii U. I had one, but never got access to it because the kids were always on it playing stuff like Minecraft. Now, I will just buy two or more Nintendo consoles at launch.

Fortunately, they are happy enough with the hand me down PS4 and Xbox One, so I can keep the PS5 and Series X to myself. For now.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Best Buy hasn't updated my preorder info for the steelbook. If no news by Saturday I'll just cancel it and go grab a normal plastic version somewhere.

Danjin44

Best Buy hasn't updated my preorder info for the steelbook. If no news by Saturday I'll just cancel it and go grab a normal plastic version somewhere.
In Canada this currently impossible since it sold out everywhere.

ranmafan

I’m also it looks like in the same boat of the my copy is being delayed. Amazon us sent me an email saying my copy won’t arrive on time. It’s not the biggest deal as I was going to not get it for a week since it has to be mailed to Japan and shipping from Amazon to here has been so messed up still. Hopefully I can get a few games finished in that time. Still I hope I can play it asap.

Quezacolt

Where i live i was also only able to find one online store where i could order it from, everywhere else it was sold out. I've never seen that happen before with any game on launch, besides collector's editions ofc.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Been playing a lot of this today on hard. Game is great, very difficult at the beggining (like, Naraku hard) but once you got yourself a nice team of demons it becomes more manageable,that is until 6 mandrakes combo you to death. :')

I'm also enjoying the exploration a lot. Finding mimen is very rewarding and it also reminds me of Xenoblade, since the areas you explore are quite large.

I'm about 7 hours in and about to fight the big first boss. Abcesses and challenge quests fights have been difficult so far so we'll see how this goes. :goog_relieved:

Time to utilize that Bluetooth feature.
I've been trying it today and man, it really sucks compared to when I pair the headphones to my phone.

The bluetooth was also being used for the joycons since I was playing docked... Maybe it's best when it's in portable mode.

Danjin44

Been playing a lot of this today on hard. Game is great, very difficult at the beggining (like, Naraku hard) but once you got yourself a nice team of demons it becomes more manageable,that is until 6 mandrakes combo you to death. :')

I'm also enjoying the exploration a lot. Finding mimen is very rewarding and it also reminds me of Xenoblade, since the areas you explore are quite large.

I'm about 7 hours in and about to fight the big first boss. Abcesses and challenge quests fights have been difficult so far so we'll see how this goes. :goog_relieved:

I've been trying it today and man, it really sucks compared to when I pair the headphones to my phone.

The bluetooth was also being used for the joycons since I was playing docked... Maybe it's best when it's in portable mode.
tumblr_inline_on5pvrrN3J1u6ivlq_500.gifv

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Awesome to hear. Do you think it would not be challenging enough on Normal difficulty? Is normal easier than usual?

Danjin44

Awesome to hear. Do you think it would not be challenging enough on Normal difficulty? Is normal easier than usual?
To me that’s entirely depend on how experience you are with SMT games, I think most experienced SMT players won’t have much problem in normal difficulty.

Is it english voice only or have option for japanese voice

Top Bottom