• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V Release Date, Story and Gameplay Details Leaked

Labadal

More at the link
The official Japanese website for Shin Megami Tensei V was mistakenly updated with release details for the upcoming game, including its release date of Thursday, November 11, 2021. As the information came from a Japanese website, it is possible that this release date is only for Japan, however the game was previously stated to have a worldwide release, so it would presumably close to other territories.

Presumably with an error made prior to the E3 2021 Nintendo Direct on June 15th, information for the Nintendo Switch exclusive RPG and next mainline entry in the SMT series has been displayed erroneously on the Japanese webpage.

GeekyDad

Happy GIF

Ezquimacore

Banned
Beautiful

Also: Pokemon and smt in November. For some reason that makes me think botw 2 is not going to be a November game, I feel like their big holiday title will be something mario or something multiplayer (also mario)

Last edited:
PERFECTION! I adore this series and can't wait to jump into V around my birthday! There's no other series quite like it. 2021 will be my year of the Switch.

SinDelta

Beautiful

Also: Pokemon and smt in November. For some reason that makes me think botw 2 is not going to be a November game, I feel like their big holiday title will be something mario or something multiplayer (also mario)
SMT fans deserve their new title at long last. Still this makes too much sense, that the Pokemon Remakes and SMT V would be the big Holiday Games for Nintendo. Hoping E3 can clear things up, but a delay for a Zelda game is traditional at this point and BotW2 being pushed into 2022 would not be surprising at all.

Last edited:

NahaNago

That is such a long time from now. I really hope it comes out sooner. Also like someone else mentioned what happens to zelda bw2 release date then. I guess they could release it in December but then they miss the black friday sales( I need to research why they call it black friday). Most likely they are releasing it next year but if we get that new switch hardware this year, then I could see zelda releasing along side it.

blackjon24

This game alone will make the switch worth having I am extremely excited to see the next entry in the series especially since smt4 was so good

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So this basically confirmed we are getting some kind of gameplay trailer this E3...right?......RIGHT!!?
200.gif

Corgi1985

Banned
Maybe this will make it obvious how shit and lazy gamefreak has been when a competent RPGs releases next to pokemon.

Termite

Didn't really care for SMT 4 but I'd be much more interested to play one of these games now that I've actually spent some time in Tokyo, so I guess I'm interested.

SMT 4's world map was the most confusing thing in the world to me at the time. Also hated the characters / story. Strange Journey was much more my kind of thing.

Belmonte

SMT4 was flat out amazing. I have very high hopes for this.

Will the soundtrack compare?

It will be hard to beat for sure! My favorite music is the main theme. Every time I played it I couldn't start the game without spending some time in the main menu.

I'm very optimist about SMTV! SMTIV was cool as hell, love it, but being a portable hurt it IMO. I don't care about 3D enemies but seems to me the dungeons got to be toned it down and the exploration suffered a bit because of the hardware.

Now we won't have this problem! I'm expecting a great RPG.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was originally planning to but then my brother told me it's not the greatest port.

I saw it in stores just yesterday and I was tempted.
I’m playing on PS5. It’s not a bad port, it just very, very bare bone for “remaster”.

But it doesn’t change the fact that actual game is absolute fire. There is a good reason why I consider this game as my favourite JRPG of all time.

Hope it is as good as Persona this time. Series needs a better value production.
I enjoy Persona series but SMT always been soooo much better, both from story perspective and gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom