• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit games You like

is this thread a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • no

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • get a life

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters

lunnuyu

idk, I only play quality games

LSZRtTx.gif

e0n

I don't think I've enjoyed any games below 65 Metacritic, but walking sims and FMV games which toe the line like Dear Esther and Shapeshifting Detective are a nice change of pace.

I feel like Knack 2 was murdered by the internet meme. I recently platinumed the game, it was a really good 3d platformer with action combat. The game continuously throw new level designs/mechanics that requires you use corresponding abilities. The visual is also pretty good. You can also feel the personality difference between big knack and small knack by his animations.

Aenima

Probably Conan Exiles, if you consider a 68 metacritic shitty. Loved the game, i can see the flaws in it but would buy a Conan Exiles 2 day 1. Played the game so much i burned the HUD of the game on my TV. (the burned hud eventually disappeared over time)

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Seems every game that scores below 80 in MC is shit these days. Doesn't make too much sense to me. But I really enjoyed games like Crackdown 3, Recore and Apocalypse on the PS1.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Grandstream Saga:
Terrible top-down perspective with awful walking lego characters, but it had great music and a really novel setting with a dreary, almost melancholy atmosphere.

the_granstream_saga_front.jpg
Hell yeah, I played this game and loved it. I'm not sure if I ever beat it though. Shitty graphics for sure (none of the in game models had faces,) but I remember the combat being pretty fun. The anime style cutscenes were actually pretty good.

Trimesh

Banned
ehh, I have to say that the recent Earth Defense Force games do have good controls. It still has that trashy B-movie vibe, but mechanically it is quite decent.

Well the series did start off as one of D3 publishers 2000 yen "simple" series games - so a certain level of jank is only to be expected. Actually, that whole series has a bunch of games that would fit in well with the subject of this thread, although I have to admit to enjoying quite a few of them (as you might have guessed from my avatar image).

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Well the series did start off as one of D3 publishers 2000 yen "simple" series games - so a certain level of jank is only to be expected. Actually, that whole series has a bunch of games that would fit in well with the subject of this thread, although I have to admit to enjoying quite a few of them (as you might have guessed from my avatar image).
I agree although I wouldn't consider recent EDF games as janky. The series evolved from its humble beginnings into something very good IMO.

I mean it is not AAA or something, but it controls very well. I enjoy it much more than the cover-to-cover gameplay of Gears of War.

Trimesh

Banned
I agree although I wouldn't consider recent EDF games as janky. The series evolved from its humble beginnings into something very good IMO.

I mean it is not AAA or something, but it controls very well. I enjoy it much more than the cover-to-cover gameplay of Gears of War.

Even the very first one was a fun game, although it shows clear signs of being very low budget - the sequel (also Simple 2000) was much improved. They also released a tactics game in the same series.

Disaster Report 4 is so obscenely bad from an objective standpoint but it's so intriguingly compelling that you have to play it. Raw Danger is another game that's bad mechanically but interesting enough to draw you in.

FrozenFlame

91upH81gNvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Shitty story (and characters) and the on foot/human gameplay was also shit. But I enjoyed the mechs gameplay, even if the turn base FM are way better. Perhaps it was just the lack of singleplayer mech games...

Bartski

Gold Member
Alien vs predator 2010 is not a good game, but i still love it.
91pyk7la6dL._SY445_.jpg
I really liked it when it came out, didn't quite capture the nostalgic magic of Aliens vs Predator '99 (that voodoo3 gfx baby) but a totally ok game and in no way shit enough for this thread.
I hope one day someone will resurrect the idea in current-gen tech, that would be amazing.

Other than that, fine shit games selection ladies and gentlemen, up 'till this point imo PEPSI-MAN takes the cake.

WoodyStare

Chromehounds

Terrible single player that acts more as a training for the online, but the online with friends was an absolute blast. I miss it at times.

I remember Godzilla PS3/PS4 getting some horrible reviews, with the consensus being that it was too slow and mechanical, but I felt like those aspects were apt for the subject matter (giant kaijus and constructs fighting).
Pretty sure I even got the Platinum lmao

Homefront The Revolution - I played all the way through and really enjoyed this game. I enjoyed the world and gameplay was good. I played in 2018 on the One X so it had been completely patched and I only noticed frame rate problems every once in a while. Definitely at least a 8 out of 10 to me.

Crackdown 3 - World is generic as hell, can't remember the story even a little bit, and yet I had a blast. Gameplay loop is just pure brainless fun.

Eat Lead - This game is the opposite of Crackdown 3. Gameplay is mediocre, but the game is funny and memorable. Its also over relatively quickly, so doesn't wear out it's welcome

Dead Island - completely forgettable game, but it was plenty fun while playing. The second game is worse in every way though.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I remember Godzilla PS3/PS4 getting some horrible reviews, with the consensus being that it was too slow and mechanical, but I felt like those aspects were apt for the subject matter (giant kaijus and constructs fighting).
Pretty sure I even got the Platinum lmao
Actually im looking for this game... I really dont care what gaming review say it..

I still regret dont buy the game when I was had the chance ( was because I was preparing for a special test about my speciality)

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Idk, most games are pretty shit ngl

I'm not even entirely sure I enjoy the good ones

Tekken and Soul Calibur r chill

Top Bottom