• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit games You like

is this thread a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • no

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • get a life

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters

Grechy34

AC: Unity: Loved the setting, enjoyed the story and the gameplay was fine.
Order 1886: The graphics are still phenomenal & the gameplay fun. I still think it was very unfairly treated.

Slouchy

Neo Member
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

It was fun using a satellite guided bomb to "stealthily" take out a target on a second playthrough with all acquired weapons available.

Devil's Third.

Rooples pooples.

tvdaXD

Which system did you play it on? Seems the consensus is next gen consoles and a decent PC were good. But if you played on stock Xbox One and PS4 OG it was trash. Pro and One X seemed ok.
PC, with a i7-6700k, 2080Ti and 16GB RAM, also installed it on an SSD. I took a week off so I could play it on release, and had an absolute blast. It was basically like a vacation, being immersed in Night City.
As for bugs and glitches, I did have some weird spawns of my vehicle at times, and I remember having to reload a save once because a braindance was stuck and did not progress. Other than that, plus some visual bugs like floating objects from NPC animations the 105 hours I put into it were smooth and a fun ride.
Haven't picked it up since though, but I feel like playing it again to finish the second playthrough I was doing.

Freecell

Great game, shit because of the focus forced adverts about Vegas gambling over and over.

maxresdefault.jpg

Krathoon

Awesome game in the arcade for the 5-10 minutes you can survive.

Turns out it's the most repetitive slog that lasts around 2 hrs. Who knew a Neo Geo game would take hours.

I think I got that on the Switch. It was a shame it wasn't on the Neo Geo Mini. Magician Lord hangs when you enter your initials on the Mini. The Switch version works correctly.

WorldHero

-Battlefield: Hardline had an amazing campaign to me. Also loved the cops vs robbers multiplayer.
-COD Infinite Warfare was a victim of unnecessary hate and franchise fatigue. This too had a great campaign with branching levels.
-Order 1886 and Ryse were visual setpieces that would've been great if the games could've gotten a sequel.

too-human.jpg

This game was an addiction for me.
Holy shit this thread is so validating!

This game is fucking horrible. Some of the dumbest, most boring and forgettable aesthetics and character design. Clunky combat that no sober person would ever create, terrible voice acting all helmed by a guy who was too full of himself to see that the prior success he enjoyed was due only in part to his ambition, paired with the gentle direction he got from Miyamoto. This fucking game is awful. Everything about it is arrogant- it is so full of itself.

But I actually love the skill tree.
Fuck yes! +1 buddy

Too Human

One of the best number-crunching RPG's/hack n slash games I've played
I was taking classes into the night and coming home exhausted to a quiet apartment and a game I LOVED. It used the camera stick to kill in a super fun way and I had plugged a USB drive into the system and the XBOX allowed you to actually save entire discs onto it, so load times were completely amazing and here I was for three months. A happy man, far too busy learning and growing and killing thousands of bad guys into the night to check the internet for any reason.

When I finally DID check the internet, you can imagine my confusion when the world had gone insane and thought so little of my joy.

+1 to you, my fellow sane person.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I'm sorry to say...
This is in the ranking of the worst games i have ever played in my life... I'm amazed to find someone who liked it.

It's high quality jank, shit blows up and you fight ontop on a flying aircraft as a badass witch with huge guns and magic. It just needed a bit more time in the oven. Jank and cheese are part of it's charm. If you can't get past that it's not going to be a good time. I played through it multiple times, got all the DLC, traded it in and then years later re-brought it.

HuskerfanChuck

Neo Member
I mean... there's one that probably fits that list after digging through and seeing the intent from the OP... my son and I had a blast playing through Troll and I, jank and all.

The other two I had thought about were 70 and 67 respectively, Okage: Shadow King, one of the first games my wife and I got for the PS2, that we had a blast with, and No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, which I had an absolute romp playing through, and loved a lot of the features others didn't... so many throwback bits that just hit me the right way... got me interested in looking at some of Suda's other games.

Velius

Banned
too-human.jpg

Holy shit this thread is so validating!

Fuck yes! +1 buddy

I was taking classes into the night and coming home exhausted to a quiet apartment and a game I LOVED. It used the camera stick to kill in a super fun way and I had plugged a USB drive into the system and the XBOX allowed you to actually save entire discs onto it, so load times were completely amazing and here I was for three months. A happy man, far too busy learning and growing and killing thousands of bad guys into the night to check the internet for any reason.

When I finally DID check the internet, you can imagine my confusion when the world had gone insane and thought so little of my joy.

+1 to you, my fellow sane person.
I just couldn't stop playing it. The cutscenes were so fucking awful but I really wanted to get the complete Berserker set.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
th

Dragon Quest Swords on the Wii. Unique take on the series that works perfectly in shorts bursts or if you (like me) usually don't have the time to complete 100h+ RPG's. Fighting is cool. Not a shit game at all actually. Would love to see a rendition in VR.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sorry OP, my tastes are impecable and I only play kino of the highest order.

th

Dragon Quest Swords on the Wii. Unique take on the series that works perfectly in shorts bursts or if you (like me) usually don't have the time to complete 100h+ RPG's. Fighting is cool. Not a shit game at all actually. Would love to see a rendition in VR.
You might want to check out Until You Fall. Game's cool but man, it makes me sweat like a pig after an hour or so. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

663879-terminator-resistance-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

Terminator : Resistance was panned by the gaming press. However, it got a much better reception on Steam.

I decided to take a chance on it, and thought it was actually pretty decent. Not mindblowing, but not nearly as awful as many a journalist made it out to be.
This on my 'to buy' list. Probably get it in time for Xmas.

Terminator : Resistance was panned by the gaming press. However, it got a much better reception on Steam.

I decided to take a chance on it, and thought it was actually pretty decent. Not mindblowing, but not nearly as awful as many a journalist made it out to be.
Totally agree. Nice little shooter. Won't set the world on fire but enjoyment to be had.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Saints row 1
50cent blood on the sand
I liked blood on the sand too 😂
They made a sequel??? I played the first one and it would qualify for this thread.
This thread really needs a rule of sub-70 meta critic at the very least because no one seems to understand the term "bad".
Or less gatekeeping...

Don't forget you can just set those trolls on ignore who claim some of the best games of all time like Breath of the Wild or Bloodborne are trash. They crave a reaction.

It got panned by reviewers, I loved it. Very unique story.

I would say it has a bit of a cult following these days. You either love it or you hate it.

51Trz9LTYeL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Hybrid Heaven.

The first playthrough was just curiosity to see if you ever got out of the cube rooms into environments like those in the intro.

Spoiler: you don't.

But the fighting system does grow on you a lot (essential as there is f all else to do). It really could have done with being put into another game.

Bartski

Gold Member
perfect weekend thread bump guys

Yeah me too. Waiting for the PS5 version to go on sale.

Also, no news on Daymare 1994 is killing me.

ebevan91

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

It was fun using a satellite guided bomb to "stealthily" take out a target on a second playthrough with all acquired weapons available.

I loved that game. Probably my second favorite game on the original XBOX behind Halo 2.

MastAndo

Gold Member
NBA2K22.

Shoddy business practices matched with an online experience that's marred by a toxic community of dribble spammers and 3-point chuckers with full body tattoos...but I'll be damned if the core gameplay isn't great, bugs and all. I'm having a lot of fun with the offline myCareer mode and messing around with different builds.

Melter

Prince of Persia 3D. Has lots of flaws but also lots of interesting environments/scenarios and you could tell the dev team tried to be faithful to the 2D games that came before.

Yes. Is a barren world, filled with generic content that adds nothing to the narrative and with a very bad weapon system.
I put over 500 hours into that boring ass game. It's just relaxing or something to run around that Hyrule. Can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully it's more engaging.

CashPrizes

Hmmm, I really only love games that are objectively good.

I think Eternal Champions gets a bad rap. I don't like think it is the best thing ever but I liked the characters and setup and background more then most other fighters of the era.

I really enjoyed my 150 hours with Cyberpunk, even tho it has a ton of issues, really loved my build and the main plot and the ending I got. It is my GOTY for last year alongside Ghost of Tsushima. I hope it gets better with time.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

oxhbT8s.jpg

Mediocre arcade racer that was hilariously out of touch with its tuner aesthetic by 2007 but I still enjoyed it,mostly because it was a pack in game.

270px-Tomb_Raider_Angel_of_Darkness_capa.png

Yes, there's so much wasted potential here. Controls like crap. It's a bugfest. Core Design did NOT manage to adapt to the PS2 arquitecture. The team was tired of working on this annual series since 1996, crunching was terrible to them in a time we didn't talk about it. Totally mismanaged project.

But to me? I simply like to play games where its true potential is something you can notice...even if it never gets there.
Assets unused, 100% sections of the game done but you never go there. I find it all fascinating. Yeah i have my own issues, lmao.

Why do i like it? Best Tomb Raider story ever. Varied sets, stages, etc. Amazing soundtrack. The premise was great overall. There's also some cool mods that made the game somehow better over time. Some of them even use moves that were coded but not included into the final game. Unused lines of the script for sections you weren't supposed to visit, etc. You can feel the true ambition everywhere.

With some mods:

The game even had a much better tutorial level that was not accessible from the final version but with some mods, you can get there, since it's one door away. Yeah, they never erased it from the game itself. It was literally in the final game:

Watch this documentary on what went wrong with it (basically everything). Some fascinating stuff, even if sad because we never got the game the team wanted us to get. The 2 sequels were canceled, it was the beginning of the end for Core Design and Eidos suffered so much that they ended up selling to Square-Enix:

Even if you don't like the game, this last video is interesting if you enjoy videogames in general tbh.

Top Bottom