• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shitty games that are valueable

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I guess the title says it all. It's about games that are commonly referred to as bad, but are valuable in price.

Valuable could mean pretty much anything as long as it increased in value. Even if it's just 10 bucks.

This is just for shits and giggles, not exactly to give investment advice.

I'll start:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the Atari 2600

used copy in good condition, cart and manual Is original, the packaging a repro. Price is 650 bucks

and that's the game...

Soltype

eWvfG0R.png

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Chibi-Robo PAL was worth like £250 sealed when I was selling my used copy last year. Its not "shitty" but I wouldn't call it a good game due to the QoL issues.
Games that are universally seen as mediocre or below average I will count too, because it will make the thread more interesting.

TrueLegend

Not just in price but Mass Effect Andromeda is great if you never watched any trailer or played in its initial years of launch.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Castlevania Legends is a pretty mediocre game that goes for a nice profit. It was released for the original Game Boy in 1998 and as such it didn't sell a ton. It was also pretty poorly released and isn't part of the official Castlevania timeline anymore.

I bought it at a local gamestore in 2002 for €15 in a clearance sale and sold it in late 2017 for €150 I think.

fart town usa

Gold Member
albert odyssey sega saturn | eBay

I'd consider it a "shitty game" because of the loading into and out of battle, it's pretty awful, even when it was new and the Japanese version is actually worse, ha.

The game itself is a charming turn based JRPG with classic Working Designs translation. I owned it as a kid and rebought it probably 12 years ago for $40. It goes for like $400 now. It's not worth $400 but the game is definitely worth playing (on an emulator).

Oh damn, Vampire Hunter D on the PSX is going up in price. Showing for $80 on ebay. That game isn't worth $80 either but it is one of the best RE clones on the PSX, charming game with interesting combat and a fantastic OST. Voice acting is leagues worse than RE 96 and it's funny too cause VHD released like a month before the PS2 did. It looks like a PSX launch title, ha.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Castlevania Legends is a pretty mediocre game that goes for a nice profit. It was released for the original Game Boy in 1998 and as such it didn't sell a ton. It was also pretty poorly released and isn't part of the official Castlevania timeline anymore.

I bought it at a local gamestore in 2002 for €15 in a clearance sale and sold it in late 2017 for €150 I think.
Fascinating. Had no idea this game existed.

My neighbor had 'Belmont's Revenge' back in the day but that would have been the early 90s.

Cattlyst

Plenty of Jaguar carts now go for silly money but the games themselves are terrible. Air Cars would be a good example.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well, I guess the title says it all. It's about games that are commonly referred to as bad, but are valuable in price.

Valuable could mean pretty much anything as long as it increased in value. Even if it's just 10 bucks.

This is just for shits and giggles, not exactly to give investment advice.

I'll start:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the Atari 2600

used copy in good condition, cart and manual Is original, the packaging a repro. Price is 650 bucks

and that's the game...

Why the hell is there a loud whistling noise every time a victim shows up? Ear killing!

Pretty much most 3 stars rated on xbox store, no one should get fooled by the mediocre ratings, destiny 2 for example is misleading and doesn’t show the true value of these type of games , if you don't get any praise for the argument sake on a game you think suspiciously about it's true value , look on the ones who mimics it and suddenly , negative peoples like to feed on threads negatively without hearing any praise when the game deserve it from them , nope , it's a destiny ripoff game , but you don't see them praising destiny even once.

Last edited:

Unk Adams

Banned
Chibi-Robo PAL was worth like £250 sealed when I was selling my used copy last year. Its not "shitty" but I wouldn't call it a good game due to the QoL issues.
Even the DS version (Park Patrol) which is an actual shitty game is going up in value. It was only sold at Walmart in the U.S. and was basically worthless for years. I wonder how many unsold copies ended up in the Walmart dumpsters, because at one point they were being clearanced out for a few bucks a piece after rotting on their shelves for years, unsold...

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Import Tuner Challenge on Xbox 360. It was the last in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series.
I actually own that game, its around 30 bucks in PAL regions for a used copy. For some reason the NTSC version is way more expensive.

Top Bottom