• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Short documentary about cold war era Bartini Beriev VVA-14 (plane from MGS 3)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Since the time I have found out about this aircraft, I have been fascinated about this design. It seems almost impossible that this thing would fly and on the top of that, it was more efficient that conventional VTOL aircraft. Sadly only 2 prototypes were built. I have a thing for weird looking wings of cold war era.

M1chl

Mustard is a great channel to sub too for in depth look at different forms of transport.
Yeah he has a lot of great documentaries, however I don't feel like it would gather much attention here, at least this aircraft appeared in the game.

nush

Gold Member

Found and Explained is another great channel, focused on aircraft designs that were never made. Good stuff.

M1chl

Bald and Bankrupt actually found this plane on a beach:

Those are small aircrafts, sadly the original Ekranoplan wasn't preserved. More sad is that, Russia don't care even about those ekranoplans which were kept are roting away. Hell even this museum is doing a really poor job at keeping historic aircraft in good shape:

(this is biggest helicopter on the world btw)

Makes me sad...

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Those are small aircrafts, sadly the original Ekranoplan wasn't preserved. More sad is that, Russia don't care even about those ekranoplans which were kept are roting away. Hell even this museum is doing a really poor job at keeping historic aircraft in good shape:

Makes me sad...

Yeah, they left the Buran Shuttle to rot in an empty hangar. I get that it would cost a lot of money to preserve them, but damn.

maxresdefault.jpg

nush

Gold Member

Makes me sad...

Russia had some great aircraft designs.

nush

Gold Member
Yeah, they left the Buran Shuttle to rot in an empty hangar. I get that it would cost a lot of money to preserve them, but damn.

maxresdefault.jpg

Timestamped to the good bit. God bless Russian Urban explorers. You crazy bastards!

Top Bottom