• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shots fired at Consoles & PC from The Metaverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

onQ123

280886521_5558695917494313_6549186489438035846_n.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So whats the meta quest?

I want in....maybe, looks to eclipse anything we have ever seen before according to the company involved.

/s

Last edited:

Goalus

This has nothing to do with metaverse, it's an ad for VR. Certain words trigger people way too easily :messenger_beaming:
People are triggered because Meta Quest is actually successful and the image in the tweet is an accurate depiction of its relation to console an PC. Truth often hurts.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
I just hope that this thing doesn't take off because I can see consoles trying to copy it.

Remember when the wii became a hit and Sony and Microsoft had their own versions of motion controls. Trying to get a piece of the pie. Sony would probably just relaunch ps home and use thier vr headset

Reactions: Isa

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
People are triggered because Meta Quest is actually successful and the image in the tweet is an accurate depiction of its relation to console an PC. Truth often hurts.
The Quest itself is successful, yes.
Meta with its Metaverse, however? That's a lame duck nobody cares about and will most likely go down as one of the most notable failures in tech history.

Yeah, it's the classic "pancake" joke, the moon even looks like a pancake in the upper half of the meme. People are upset for no reason.

Last edited:

Romulus

Idk what the hell metaverse and I own a quest 2. I will say when connected to a pc, its next level gaming.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
The thread title itself is off-topic if you closely look at the tweet.
Even then, though. The comparison is somewhat odd.
Nobody buys a PC or console just for VR gaming - in both cases, VR is something you might get at some point, in addition to everything else, but will mostly play "normally".
While Quest (2) is in itself a console that is purely VR (but can ALSO be used as a PC VR headset).
It makes a lot of sense that when looking only VR, Quest is wildly more successful - it can simply do much more at less hassle.

Apples and oranges to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom