• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should TLOU2 have a chronological mode?

Kerotan

I was thinking there today that beyond two souls had an option to play all the chapters in chronological order.

Anybody who has played the last of us knows that there are plenty of scenes and chapters that are flash backs.

So when you complete the game as well as getting a choice to do a new game plus wouldn't it be cool if you got the added bonus of playing it chronologically. When they do the ps5 upgrade I hope they add this in.

I'll start my NG+ in the next few days but if I'm to play it a third time on the ps5 that would be a very welcome change.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Naw. It has an unorthodox structure but its the intentional gameplay route.

Encountering the flashback Bloater boss as Ellie early game, for example, makes no sense. Its meant to be an enemy the player fights 6 or 7 hours into the game.

The game has a chapter select so the option is mostly there if you want to experiment on replays :)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
EviLore EviLore will we get in trouble for spoilers in this thread? This is actually a good thread, but I can't see how to discuss it without spoilers and would rather not a get a ban

Kerotan

I think much like godfather part 2 the flashbacks add certain weight to certain story events and if you made it chronological you would lose the impact of its purpose in story telling and the relationship certain characters have/had with each other
Oh I fully agree but after you've played through the game once or twice you've fully grasped the impact at this point. I think it would be cool for a third playthrough. Maybe unlocking it after your NG+ playthrough?

As someone pointed out now sure how you'd do the 3 days in seattle? Maybe do 1 from both perspectives then move to the next?

Edit:
Has anybody used this feature on beyond two souls? Was it any better or worse then the regular version?

Last edited:
Top Bottom