• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your Gaming Setup: 2020 Edition

OverHeat

« generous god »
xdNNxgH.jpg

lachesis

Finally migrated everything to where they need to go...

Ef8Bx2W.jpg

RO3SQUh.jpg

Cabinet open - it's got plenty of slits so that air would get into the cabinet, but I leave it open when I play PS5.
Thought about doing vertical for PS5 on the right side of the TV, but it was just too large. XSX sticks out... but I guess it blends with other black boxes (sub, htpc, sound bar).

JphIh4f.jpg

And I migrated my old PS4 Pro down to the retired/retro station in basement, that I put up with some Ikea furniture and cheap powered bookshelf speakers.

I had not noticed how cheap my basement TV is until I put my PS4 Pro down there. It's a cheap 42" 1080p Vizio from 5-6 years ago... and picture quality difference is so staggering... even though my PS4 is doing super sampling, the floaty blacks are quite something... especially when playing games like Persona 5, which has a lot of blacks. I want to spend more time on this setup, but haven't been able to.... but setting it up was half the fun. :)

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I'm not going to post a pic of it but I have an adjustable bed with a 65" TV on a table at the base of it. Both XBSX and PS5 hooked up to it. I just set it up that way this generation but I wish I had done it a lot sooner. It is fantastic reclining in the bed and chilling with games.

Nakasan

Some beautiful setups in here, as always.

I've finally put some effort in and went with the classic kallax from Ikea. Honestly, I love how it turned out!

Small house that I share with my 6 yr old daughter so space is at a premium, so no dedicated game room, just one living room shared as equally at possible! She's into gaming too, and it's her Yoshi game on the tele!

WwJ5ucu.jpg

Hopefully this is the last time everything will be in the same spots. I'll have both floors of the house entirely open once my buddy moves out of the basement into his new house.

PC/Switch
SmELHKt.jpg

I cut black acrylic panels for just about every interior surface and installed casters. Unfortunately my mobo recently fried 3 of it's 8 ram slots so it's a countdown to gaming on a potato unless I get a replacement. It works, but I'm stuck with single-channel which is causing some issues. I'm planning a custom loop for the CPU side when I get a new cpu/mobo.
ro16Wfb.jpg

The external GPU rad isn't the best looking thing, but the temps I'm getting in-game are worth it. When I replace the 2080ti, the replacement will be a liquid cooled card with it's own loop. There's lots of space for it.
KDj9cr7.jpg

EDIT: Got the PC issues sorted
FDbJPpm.jpg

Full room. Right behind my chair is where I build scale models. Some Star Wars, but mostly Gunpla. A whole lot of Gunpla.
kE7DVKI.jpg

I have my little Fallout collection and my Star Wars kits right beside the PC.
DryXsHJ.jpg

Living room. I don't like the PG Gunpla being where they are, but I ran out of space in the room I keep the rest of my kits displayed so I guess it's robots in the living room.
VhXJyxy.jpg

Analog Mega SG w/ Mega SD, Analog NT Mini, Sega Dreamcast w/HDMI & MODE, Analog Super NT, PS3, Xbone, Wii, WiiUx2 and an R2-D2 X360 Slim. I have a Saturn, but it's going to get modded like the Dreamcast. The entire top shelf belongs to my brother, he has a really nice collection for each system complete with custom cases, a bunch of Kotobukiya figures and more consoles. He's modding a Playstation and Saturn next. There just isn't enough room to display it all currently.
UoKxuhH.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
pZ373c1.png

Sorry for the dark picture. I had to build a new shelf just for the next-gen consoles because they wouldn't fit in my IKEA TV stand. Worked out well because now I have somewhere to put my Switch dock also. Still have my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro hooked up because I haven't had time to properly decommission them yet. Bonus points that this shot includes my (unboxed) physical game collection and PC setup.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Since I moved two months ago to my new house it's still pretty much a work in progress.

Main formal TV with a 55" 900H, waiting for the HT-G700 soundbar next week and another PS5.

Y7PzvsV.jpg

Arcade room to be, 9.2.2 setup. Waiting to upgrade the TV and receiver to HDMI 2.1 standard when Sony has such equipment available. I ordered custom metal cabinets.

6Yul74F.jpg

And the most complete gaming setup so far is for adults games only. Will have metal ceilings and black walls next Spring with new epoxy floors.

aa8IJTg.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And the most complete gaming setup so far is for adults games only. Will have metal ceilings and black walls next Spring with new epoxy floors.

aa8IJTg.jpg

I don't understand what those wrenches are for. On second thought, don't tell me.

Orta

Banned
Nevermind the wrenches, that are them things that look like screwdrivers? And why are tool chests in your, erm, games dungeon?

Since I moved two months ago to my new house it's still pretty much a work in progress.

Main formal TV with a 55" 900H, waiting for the HT-G700 soundbar next week and another PS5.

Y7PzvsV.jpg

Arcade room to be, 9.2.2 setup. Waiting to upgrade the TV and receiver to HDMI 2.1 standard when Sony has such equipment available. I ordered custom metal cabinets.

6Yul74F.jpg

aa8IJTg.jpg
FIFY

4n2tml.jpg

buenoblue

5jeQuo7.jpg

Living room with samsung ks7000 and optoma hd300x projector
eqooL5K.jpg
uy91pdk.jpg

Spare bedroom gaming space/office with 75 inch philips ambilight tv, pc and ps5. Also doubles as oculus rift s vr space.
Gz4nobC.jpg

uOO2YFn.jpg

Built from scratch multicade with rotating screen in the kitch/dinning area.
k5mNYPp.jpg

Gym themed sex room lol
bSqhkFf.jpg

I'm pretty much all digital these days have never really been drawn to gaming collectibles so it's a pretty clean setup. That's how I've managed to get it all past the wife lol. I'm a low income earner but have just bought stuff second hand and on sale over the years so just wanted to show what can be done on a budget. Probably cost less than £5000 over 7 years so not extravagant at all. This is a modest 2 bedroom terrace house in the uk.

Calverz

My living room. Photo is a bit dark but i have a ps5 (disc edition) and ps3 slim under the tv. I have an xss hidden behind the tv. Inside the cabinets is a switch and an N64(not connected) Behind the tv is a phlips hue bulb which used to look great but now i have a 65” lg cx, its not bright enough so will need to get something else. Il try and show my gaming room where my pc is at some point.
Qvl2fgk.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom