• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lads, I have ascended;

bpRFPjI.jpg

o4bNz4N.jpg

Got some PS4 games to finish off that I’m downloading;

3MNg6z4.jpg

rofif

Banned
few weeks old pics but I noticed I've not posted my upgrade here.
Moved from 27" 4k ips monitor to 48" lg c1 oled... breathtaking with hdr especially

l0ARi5c.jpg

and here with pc (and so rgb) turned off
R1M8oYC.jpg

Ratchet looks amazing too but I was too busy playing it to take pics :p
Edit: Noticed my shitty oneplus did some wonky posterization past update on that uncharted shot... I really need to get other phone.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Moved from 27" 4k ips monitor to 48" lg c1 oled... breathtaking with hdr especially

l0ARi5c.jpg

R1M8oYC.jpg

Edit: Noticed my shitty oneplus did some wonky posterization past update on that uncharted shot... I really need to get other phone.
This is dope.

l0ARi5c.jpg

R1M8oYC.jpg

Throw gcam on that phone. Works great now on my OnePlus.

JapeMincers

My cosy games room. Certainly running out of space here but I do like the 'busyness' of it.

The 'Retro Corner' has a 32" Sony Trinitron CRT, Mega Drive, SNES, Wii/Gamecube, PS2/PS1, XBOX and Dreamcast, all using RGB Scart.
The newer stuff is has a 55" LG C9 OLED, PS5, Switch and Series X. There is also a modded Gameboy Advanced SP next to the Switch with a backlit IPS screen.

Uxjlbph.jpg
tEdaiwP.jpg
kgTJgVA.jpg
YTacSxH.jpg
zsaX0Ci.jpg
A9zTBEt.jpg
sEmu4Wc.jpg
71ysiIY.jpg
i44jOvv.jpg

Rickyiez

l0ARi5c.jpg

R1M8oYC.jpg

Purely headphone mate ? I don't see any speaker set .

rofif

Banned
Purely headphone mate ? I don't see any speaker set .
I sold presonus e3.5 because lg c1 48" speakers sounds so good! Like really surprising. I just use them in cinematic or standard sound preset and they sound close to those presonus speakers. So I am happy using those. For more serious immersion, the pulse 3d does great job on ps5 and pc!

Love the clean setup and the cable management. Really nice. Which soundbar is that?
Unfortunately it‘s still a Samsung HW-T530 soundbar, but I have it with two rear boxes and a fitting subwoofer and I can control it with my LG TV remote, so why bother changing it to an LG one if the sound would basically be the same? We‘ll move soon and then I‘ll switch to a 5.1 system but for my tiny oneroom apartment it‘s good enough.

TBiddy

Unfortunately it‘s still a Samsung HW-T530 soundbar, but I have it with two rear boxes and a fitting subwoofer and I can control it with my LG TV remote, so why bother changing it to an LG one if the sound would basically be the same? We‘ll move soon and then I‘ll switch to a 5.1 system but for my tiny oneroom apartment it‘s good enough.

Plus it looks like it has a high Wife Approval Factor, which is also important. But yeah, if you're going to upgrade, go big! Have you considered an Atmos soundbar instead of 5.1?

Celcius

°Temp. member

l0ARi5c.jpg

R1M8oYC.jpg

That looks amazing, I've been considering doing this as well.
What are the specs of your computer? Do you use the speakers built into the TV?

rofif

Banned
That looks amazing, I've been considering doing this as well.
What are the specs of your computer? Do you use the speakers built into the TV?
3700x, 3080fe, phanteks p600s case. Hdmi 2.1 works as it should.
Yes the speakers are fantastic! Especially in music and cinematic mode. Easily comparable to presonus e3.5 monitors which I've sold.
I also use pulse3d headset.
Generally I really recommend this setup. The tv is the best purchase ever. Everything looks great, HDR is amazing, blacks are black, no ghosting. Nice.

SCB3

Getting there, I really need a new chair, well to be honest I need a new house/room as its getting cramped here

Fz2MuFX.jpg

This is where I stream and work from and basically live at. Recently I extended the length of my Lego city street too.

akx5jbG.jpg
9lYQFMa.jpg
lyGjU8R.jpg

I've always wondered with Lego Streets like this, when do you stop? I don't think I could and it'd end up like the Lego Movie scale city

sophnar0747

Getting there, I really need a new chair, well to be honest I need a new house/room as its getting cramped here

Fz2MuFX.jpg

I've always wondered with Lego Streets like this, when do you stop? I don't think I could and it'd end up like the Lego Movie scale city

I have two more sets still to be built for it, but I ran out of room. Ideally I'd love to have all the sets and when I move find a long wall to put em against, but sadly some of the early ones go online for 1-4k. :messenger_weary:

zephiross

I'm currently building my future house (well not myself) and I like to do quick renders to think about how I'm going to set everything up (It helps with the wait lol)

C4ZRNQ7.png

DbpogrE.png

It will be equipped with my PC ( RTX 3080 / i7 10700KF), my PS5 PE, a 1440p 21:9 monitor (PC) and a LG 55C9 (PC and PS5) (all of which I already own). The shelves will be for my collection of LEGOs. Since it will be an open space at the top of the stairs It has to remain clean and not too gamey for my SO lol.

I'm currently building my future house (well not myself) and I like to do quick renders to think about how I'm going to set everything up (It helps with the wait lol)

C4ZRNQ7.png

DbpogrE.png

It will be equipped with my PC ( RTX 3080 / i7 10700KF), my PS5 PE, a 1440p 21:9 monitor (PC) and a LG 55C9 (PC and PS5) (all of which I already own). The shelves will be for my collection of LEGOs. Since it will be an open space at the top of the stairs It has to remain clean and not too gamey for my SO lol.
Looks great, but have you considered more plants?

sublimit

Banned
Both are super fine, PS4 gets all the air from the right side and don't care about what is above it
I still don't think it's a good idea to have the PS3 on top of the PS4 but hopefully you're right. At least you still have your PS3 active and play games on it so thumbs up for that! :)

Armorian

Banned
I still don't think it's a good idea to have the PS3 on top of the PS4 but hopefully you're right. At least you still have your PS3 active and play games on it so thumbs up for that! :)

This Slim model is quite amazing, it's both quiet in terms of GPU/CPU cooling and disk drive is silent as well. I had PS3 phat years ago that was loud as fuck, and super slim that was quiet... until you put game disk in it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

PS4 Pro is some later model that is not as bad as the first ones, it behaves the same with PS3 on top and without it - and I don't turn them on at the same time

sublimit

Banned
Yeah i know about the PS3 Slim.It's an amazing piece of hardware. I have all 3 models and the Slim is by far the best one (even though it doesn't have the BC of the first phat model). I have my Slim and Superslim both active and still play games on them and will continue to do so for a very long time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom