• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryvBy

I just moved to my new crib and I'm still working on my gamer cave. I still have to bring my games, consoles and gaming stuff (except for my PS5 and a bunch of games that I already brought). It's going to take some time, too many years collecting games, but I'm taking it easy.

CIxAAEH.jpg

99d1duo.jpg

XnKyk2n.jpg

u8Sd9d8.jpg

7thieb0.jpg

g7mYIdG.jpg

hCn83x6.jpg

hjTAR3w.jpg

g4FuMAE.jpg

nVGb49h.jpg

9VjfiRO.jpg
UeKi6qg.jpg

7jrIDfH.jpg

xVMRs3F.jpg

SmZvlgb.jpg
jrZc7jc.jpg

duF8VD2.jpg

AP55DbA.jpg

jL8O6vI.jpg

VFrN1op.jpg

DRiF6WB.jpg

iJp4kMn.jpg

hpdVxMI.jpg

Q6W7FBM.jpg

Z1M0irZ.jpg

ZgI1802.jpg

And the gamer cave in the basement (still work in progress, you know):

sE9fJRj.jpg

More recent ones:

totxD3G.jpg

kbawtvn.jpg

NZCa2Pr.jpg

Problem is I already ran out of space and I still need to bring a ton of games, all of my consoles, my old CRTs TVs for retro stuff... from my old place. I need more furniture ASAP, there's no way I could ever fit all my stuff there. I saw a wardrobe with sliding doors at Ikea that I really love (it's all white -which by now you can all tell I'm obsessed with- and I could decorate it with Super Mario, Yoshi and Peach vinyls 😍). Unfortunately due to COVID and bottlenecks in production it won't be available until March (at the very least). Well, I'll have to take it easy as I said. Step by step.... 🤷‍♂️

I'm also planning on buying a proper PC setup for the gaming cave, but for now the only one I have is upstairs in a different room. Not that I'm much of a PC gamer, to be honest...

baTXsdk.jpg

GgjO1No.jpg

Let me live in your house. Let me live in your house. I'll find a nice little corner, all to myself. You won't even hear a peep. I promise I won't even get peanut butter on your controllers. Let me live in your house.

bnUfMbh.jpg

Arioco

Let me live in your house. Let me live in your house. I'll find a nice little corner, all to myself. You won't even hear a peep. I promise I won't even get peanut butter on your controllers. Let me live in your house.

bnUfMbh.jpg

You just want to use my PS5 while I'm away, don't you? :messenger_angry:

My collection is well guarded by a vicious highly-trained beast that won't hesitate to use lethal force if needed. Just warning you all.

qUjuxuH.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sick man. Reminds me how much I would love to get out of the city for a minute. Did you work with a designer again? This place should be in a magazine or something.

Thanks! Yes, this time I worked with a friend who designed the house, furniture and homeware, so everything fits together. We did an extensive 20+ page brief with references and were involved during the whole process from concept to construction.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Sim rig is custom fab, as well as the guitar stand lol(11 slots for those interested, and yes I do fill them all lol)
271490876_673794043804517_124411748185063009_n.jpg
271034045_531824254468828_1697890151971085159_n.jpg

271281187_2144624722343703_1055771083894231569_n.jpg
270064687_291969746305848_7792932558962598237_n.jpg

271190989_345232753817728_728225180613300811_n.jpg

That is super cool! As someone who is unfamiliar with the sim rig racing scene, are there ways to „minimize“ the footprint within a room? Are there some versions that can be, say, folded and placed into a closet when not in use?

That is super cool! As someone who is unfamiliar with the sim rig racing scene, are there ways to „minimize“ the footprint within a room? Are there some versions that can be, say, folded and placed into a closet when not in use?
I believe PlaySeat (?) has a foldable setup which gets quite small. I saw it at a Microcenter one time.

Digity

You bet there are! They will certainly range in quality but if something smaller, more compact is what you’re after, there are quite a few options.

Stands are an option.
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/racing-wheel-stand-2-0/

Cockpit style rigs, this particular one does both GT and F1 style seating positions. I have a friend who has this, it's a little more comfortable than it looks but still kinda hokey. This particular model folds up, it's also designed to fold up with all accessories attached.
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/f-gt-lite/

More permanent sim rigs certainly take up a lot of room, doesn't help in my case that I run such a large screen so I have it further away from me creating an even bigger foot print. There is no other way to play racing games though, if you're into more sim based racing or arcade, it's still the way to go.

WOW!!

Congrats man, that looks amazing. When I was a kid I always wanted a setup like this.

Question, how do you play your classic systems, how easy is it to hook them up?
Thanks. I've slowly built this up over the years. I think my kids enjoy coming up to just look at everything more than playing most of it.

I have all of my classic consoles hooked up through a series of automatic video switches, which are hidden in the black cubbies to the right of the shelf they are on, and run through both a Framemeister and an MClassic. All use RGB (some modded), Component, or S-video except the gamecube which outputs via HDMI. They are incredibly easy to fire up. Given the volume of everything, I have the power cut off unless I'm using it, so I flip the power on for everything, turn the Framemeister on (it doesn't automatically boot up when powered) and start playing. It takes 30 seconds at most. It is all connected to the TV via a single HDMI cable that goes behind the recliner and under the rug.

I plan to upgrade from the Framemeister soon as the lag when switching resolutions in certain games is annoying, but I'm holding off until a few of the upcoming options are released to see how they are.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Thanks. I've slowly built this up over the years. I think my kids enjoy coming up to just look at everything more than playing most of it.

I have all of my classic consoles hooked up through a series of automatic video switches, which are hidden in the black cubbies to the right of the shelf they are on, and run through both a Framemeister and an MClassic. All use RGB (some modded), Component, or S-video except the gamecube which outputs via HDMI. They are incredibly easy to fire up. Given the volume of everything, I have the power cut off unless I'm using it, so I flip the power on for everything, turn the Framemeister on (it doesn't automatically boot up when powered) and start playing. It takes 30 seconds at most. It is all connected to the TV via a single HDMI cable that goes behind the recliner and under the rug.

I plan to upgrade from the Framemeister soon as the lag when switching resolutions in certain games is annoying, but I'm holding off until a few of the upcoming options are released to see how they are.

Incredible. That sounds excellent. Congrats man, nothing better than a clean, amazing setup which is actually functional!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Long time since I have contributed, family of gamers here.

dad\family: just got two pc's xmas with 3080ti's, first pc in over10 years. currently AOE4\quest2 boxes
IMG_8025.jpg

Wife:
IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

Son:
IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

Daughter:
IMG_8039.jpg

House:
IMG_5168.jpg

front.png
Me and my partner are looking to buy soon, so seeing these pics is exciting. thats a really gorgeous house, congrats man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom