• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
A true GAF original - the gaming setup thread. Going since 2004 at least, this tradition has created an ever evolving snapshot of what it looks like to play video games in [current_year]. Over nearly two decades, it has also become a look into teens growing into parents, rooms turning into houses, old generations turning into new generations, dreams turning into dream setups.

I think few expected us to still put up with lockdowns and travel limitations at the dawn of 2022, with vaccines and all. It will be interesting to see if the increasing time spent home has lead to more elaborate home setups.

Previous threads

2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

2021 thread highlights

ThereIs0nly0ne:

qc7HsyS.jpg

TorontoR:​

ulZYOAe.jpg

Ma-Yuan

6xrAp71.jpg

OverHeat OverHeat :​

lB3LN1G.jpg

Fools idol:​

e4IJW1n.jpg

tommib:​

zhfKRTp.jpg

FAQs

How do I upload pics?
Use the +Image button below. In case it's not working for some reason, Abload.de is pretty good too.

My setup is cluttered, I don't want to post it!
Just do it! Seeing collections of hundreds of games, figures, art is a lot of fun. We have seen all kinds over the years.

Can I post other rooms and non-gaming stuff? Kitchen? Garage? Cars? Audio gear? Bondage cave?
Yes! While it's good to lead with gaming setups, feel free to follow with a broader look. Some people enjoy peeking into people's different lives around the world. We tried having a separate cribs thread back in 2011, but redundancy with this thread meant the concept didn't take off alone.

What's going on with your setup?
In the last two years of pandemic, we have become more nomadic. I created a separate thread for Switch gaming on the go.

The London setup I posted in 2020 still remains, but we have now established new residences in Finland and French Polynesia as well, as London has not been fun in a while. I will post a couple of pics of the Finnish setup in this thread, while the French Polynesia setup will be ready for the 2023 thread, hopefully. It all starts somewhere - here is a throwback to my 2004 gaming setup.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm currently renovating mine. Got brand new gear last month. Will post to be judged and laughed at when done.

Arioco

I just moved to my new crib and I'm still working on my gamer cave. I still have to bring my games, consoles and gaming stuff (except for my PS5 and a bunch of games that I already brought). It's going to take some time, too many years collecting games, but I'm taking it easy.

CIxAAEH.jpg

99d1duo.jpg

XnKyk2n.jpg

u8Sd9d8.jpg

7thieb0.jpg

g7mYIdG.jpg

hCn83x6.jpg

hjTAR3w.jpg

g4FuMAE.jpg

nVGb49h.jpg

9VjfiRO.jpg
UeKi6qg.jpg

7jrIDfH.jpg

xVMRs3F.jpg

SmZvlgb.jpg
jrZc7jc.jpg

duF8VD2.jpg

AP55DbA.jpg

jL8O6vI.jpg

VFrN1op.jpg

DRiF6WB.jpg

iJp4kMn.jpg

hpdVxMI.jpg

Q6W7FBM.jpg

Z1M0irZ.jpg

ZgI1802.jpg

And the gamer cave in the basement (still work in progress, you know):

sE9fJRj.jpg

More recent ones:

totxD3G.jpg

kbawtvn.jpg

NZCa2Pr.jpg

Problem is I already ran out of space and I still need to bring a ton of games, all of my consoles, my old CRTs TVs for retro stuff... from my old place. I need more furniture ASAP, there's no way I could ever fit all my stuff there. I saw a wardrobe with sliding doors at Ikea that I really love (it's all white -which by now you can all tell I'm obsessed with- and I could decorate it with Super Mario, Yoshi and Peach vinyls 😍). Unfortunately due to COVID and bottlenecks in production it won't be available until March (at the very least). Well, I'll have to take it easy as I said. Step by step.... 🤷‍♂️

I'm also planning on buying a proper PC setup for the gaming cave, but for now the only one I have is upstairs in a different room. Not that I'm much of a PC gamer, to be honest...

baTXsdk.jpg

GgjO1No.jpg

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here is my new Finnish setup. Bespoke architecture with local carpentry. While our London home will always remain a special place for me, this is the dearest place in my life, a holiday home just ready for the pandemic in 2020.

Mezzanine

This is where I play games. A bespoke wooden media unit weighing around 300kg hides an Xbox Series X, a Switch dock and an Apple TV. A Samsung QLED TV, Sonos Arc sound bar, Sonos sub and surrounds.

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

A hidden TV mostly for late night YouTube runs. Next to it, a hidden whisky cabinet and an headphones station with Sennheiser HD820 headphones, Sennheiser HDV820 amp and a NAD streamer. This is where I watch E3 and WWDC keynotes.

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

This is where I work. A focused space. Got an iMac recently.

ir2lJ6Q.jpg

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I just moved to my new crib and I'm still working on my gamer cave. I still have to bring all my games, consoles and gaming stuff (except for my PS5 and a bunch of games that I already brought). It's going to take some time, too many years collecting games, but I'm taking it easy.

CIxAAEH.jpg

99d1duo.jpg

XnKyk2n.jpg

u8Sd9d8.jpg

7thieb0.jpg

g7mYIdG.jpg

hCn83x6.jpg

hjTAR3w.jpg

g4FuMAE.jpg

nVGb49h.jpg

9VjfiRO.jpg
UeKi6qg.jpg

7jrIDfH.jpg

xVMRs3F.jpg

SmZvlgb.jpg
jrZc7jc.jpg

duF8VD2.jpg

AP55DbA.jpg

jL8O6vI.jpg

VFrN1op.jpg

DRiF6WB.jpg

iJp4kMn.jpg

hpdVxMI.jpg

Q6W7FBM.jpg

Z1M0irZ.jpg

ZgI1802.jpg

sE9fJRj.jpg

Nice house. But keep pics to gaming setup focused or use spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just moved to my new crib and I'm still working on my gamer cave. I still have to bring all my games, consoles and gaming stuff (except for my PS5 and a bunch of games that I already brought). It's going to take some time, too many years collecting games, but I'm taking it easy.

CIxAAEH.jpg

99d1duo.jpg

XnKyk2n.jpg

u8Sd9d8.jpg

7thieb0.jpg

g7mYIdG.jpg

hCn83x6.jpg

hjTAR3w.jpg

g4FuMAE.jpg

nVGb49h.jpg

9VjfiRO.jpg
UeKi6qg.jpg

7jrIDfH.jpg

xVMRs3F.jpg

SmZvlgb.jpg
jrZc7jc.jpg

duF8VD2.jpg

AP55DbA.jpg

jL8O6vI.jpg

VFrN1op.jpg

DRiF6WB.jpg

iJp4kMn.jpg

hpdVxMI.jpg

Q6W7FBM.jpg

Z1M0irZ.jpg

ZgI1802.jpg

sE9fJRj.jpg
Wow, absolutely stunning. All of it. Where is this? Can’t wait to see it furnished!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

I'm envious, I'm a top 1% earner in my work province and in no way I could be able to afford a house like that in any lifetime. Congrats!

AgatonSax

CIxAAEH.jpg

99d1duo.jpg

XnKyk2n.jpg

u8Sd9d8.jpg

7thieb0.jpg

g7mYIdG.jpg

hCn83x6.jpg

hjTAR3w.jpg
Nice house. Hopefully you can eventually afford some furniture and stair bannisters.

Last edited:

Arioco

Nice house. But keep pics to gaming setup focused or use spoiler tags.
Sorry, Mod, I was following the instructions by the OP in the first message:

Can I post other rooms and non-gaming stuff? Kitchen? Garage? Cars? Audio gear? Bondage cave?
Yes! While it's good to lead with gaming setups, feel free to follow with a broader look. Some people enjoy peeking into people's different lives around the world. We tried having a separate cribs thread back in 2011, but redundancy with this thread meant the concept didn't take off alone.

Wow, absolutely stunning. All of it. Where is this? Can’t wait to see it furnished!

Thank you. It's in Gijón, Principality of Asturias, North of Spain.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Sorry, Mod, I was following the instructions by the OP in the first message:

Thank you. It's in Gijón, Principality of Asturias, North of Spain.
I know it's personal, but how much? A house like that where I live would be about 2.8M euros.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
One of my all-time favorite gaf threads. I'm hoping to join the club soon. My setup is nothing special currently. I'm hoping to sink more into it this year.

Jebron

Here is my new Finnish setup. Bespoke architecture with local carpentry. While our London home will always remain a special place for me, this is the dearest place in my life, a holiday home just ready for the pandemic in 2020.

Mezzanine

This is where I play games. A bespoke wooden media unit weighing around 300kg hides an Xbox Series, a Switch dock and an Apple TV. A Samsung QLED TV, Sonos Arc sound bar, Sonos sub and surrounds.

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

A hidden TV mostly for late night YouTube runs. Next to it, a hidden whisky cabinet and an headphones station with Sennheiser HD820 headphones, Sennheiser HDV820 amp and a NAD streamer. This is where I watch E3 and WWDC keynotes.

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

ir2lJ6Q.jpg
Good lord, this looks like heaven. As someone struggling to pay the mortgage recently, I'm envious.

Deanington

Mezzanine

This is where I play games. A bespoke wooden media unit weighing around 300kg hides an Xbox Series, a Switch dock and an Apple TV. A Samsung QLED TV, Sonos Arc sound bar, Sonos sub and surrounds.

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

ir2lJ6Q.jpg

Love this house and the national park that its on, jesus. Great "yard" space.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Well done! What gave me away?

Yeah, right, in my dreams. Do you even know how miserable weather is over here? xD Nothing to do with Miami, unfortunatelly. This is closer to... Ireland. Not joking.

nvDPUTN.jpg
I would say you are in a better location. Florida is a hell scape. Only slightly better than California.

Arioco

I would say you are in a better location. Florida is a hell scape. Only slightly better than California.

Really? I wanted to visit LA so badly someday! You're scaring me now. xD Is it really that bad?

Since we are posting houses too.....

c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Beautiful place, dude. Love all those trees all around. 😍 The fall must be amazing over there. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Really? I wanted to visit LA so badly someday! You're scaring me now. xD Is it really that bad?

Beautiful place, dude. Love all those trees all around. 😍 The fall must be amazing over there. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Visiting is fine. Don't ever move there. It is horrible.

Topher

Gold Member

Thanks, bud. I'm in Georgia. A state in southeastern US, outside of Atlanta. I'm from the neighboring state of Alabama. Yeah, fall and spring are very nice. We get winter for about a 30 minutes in February or so. Summers can be hot.

We do enjoy our trees.
c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m27xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m31xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Since we are posting houses too.....

c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
My house looks almost like this except I have rooms on both sides and instead of the upstairs dormer in the center it's flat with the window in line with the other 4. And my front door is bright red.

edit: might as well include it

5mjQlGS.jpg

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
My house looks almost like this except I have rooms on both sides and instead of the upstairs dormer in the center it's flat with the window in line with the other 4. And my front door is bright red.

The left side of my house is actually where the garage is.

c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m1xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Dream-Knife

Banned
Flex thread?

I CEO 10k/day.

I actually can't seem to be able to take a picture of my set up. Not a good photographer, and I only have a phone cam. The RGB throws everything off.

Just imagine a basic 3080 build, a 27" monitor, a Herman-Miller Mirra 2, a tv, a switch, and a CRT with an N64 hooked up.

Topher

Gold Member

edit: might as well include it

5mjQlGS.jpg

You are right. Ours are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom