• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member
Looks like a house a serial killer would own.

sorry ups GIF by EnBW

Arioco

Thanks, bud. I'm in Georgia. A state in southeastern US, outside of Atlanta. I'm from the neighboring state of Alabama. Yeah, fall and spring are very nice. We get winter for about a 30 minutes in February or so. Summers can be hot.

We do enjoy our trees.
c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m27xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

c6a5965e05d280817b93d207323266f0l-m31xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Wow! 😳 That's amazing! It's like living in the middle of a forest surrounded by nature. Truly beautiful. Congrats, dude. I can imagine those barbecues with family and friends in summertime.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Thanks, bud. I'm in Georgia. A state in southeastern US, outside of Atlanta. I'm from the neighboring state of Alabama. Yeah, fall and spring are very nice. We get winter for about a 30 minutes in February or so. Summers can be hot.

We do enjoy our trees.

That's funny. Georgia is exactly where I thought this was. I'm in Georgia too just outside of Savannah.

Kuranghi

My setup looks like poo because I don't care enough, but my TV was setup by Vincent Teoh, so here's a photo of me with him after he calibrated my ZD9 TV:

psty50l.jpg

The nude women background on the TV was used to check the skin tones were accurate. VT is a very nice and funny man in person. I have a much better TV unit now that doesn't look like its going to bow and break at every moment.

edit - I don't actually mind showing my face on the internet but my haircut in this photo was atrocious, I looked like a tramp with a mullet.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member

We do enjoy our trees.

We probably live within 2 hours of each other. Small world.

tommib

Here is my new Finnish setup. Bespoke architecture with local carpentry. While our London home will always remain a special place for me, this is the dearest place in my life, a holiday home just ready for the pandemic in 2020.

Mezzanine

This is where I play games. A bespoke wooden media unit weighing around 300kg hides an Xbox Series X, a Switch dock and an Apple TV. A Samsung QLED TV, Sonos Arc sound bar, Sonos sub and surrounds.

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

A hidden TV mostly for late night YouTube runs. Next to it, a hidden whisky cabinet and an headphones station with Sennheiser HD820 headphones, Sennheiser HDV820 amp and a NAD streamer. This is where I watch E3 and WWDC keynotes.

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

This is where I work. A focused space. Got an iMac recently.

ir2lJ6Q.jpg
Jesus Fucking Christ. Can I ask what you do for a living?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jesus Fucking Christ. Can I ask what you do for a living?

Certainly. I invest into early stage companies. Most will go bust, and one or two in a dozen become massive, if I do my job right.

I have worked relentlessly since I was 9:

Started working delivering letters when I was 9, got a job at Club Nintendo at 13, joined a big corporation at 20, now at the age of 42 I have been working for 33 years, last decade investing in startups. Took my first proper holiday in 2020

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
So many nice set ups, makes me yearn for the days when kids are older and I don’t have to keep everything in a single room so it’s not destroyed…

Whoever takes care of your plants, is doing a stellar job! Im gonna assume its you lol

Also, really glad to see a proper chair. Good for you. That keyboard is dope
Haha no my wife does all that. We have I think 280 different plants in the house. The area between the plants is mine. I do enjoy them though. We live in a 140 year old house and they really detract from some of the things I'm yet to repair.

Arioco

Haha no my wife does all that. We have I think 280 different plants in the house. The area between the plants is mine. I do enjoy them though. We live in a 140 year old house and they really detract from some of the things I'm yet to repair.

Mother of God! 😳 280 different plants in one house! I have only four and I still keep forgetting to water them. 😂

I'd love to see how your place looks like, it must be like a garden everywhere.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m somewhat satisfied and also dissatisfied with my setup, it’s cluttered. My other cabinet that’s closed has my PS3 and another PS2. My TV makes it impossible for retro games at the moment.
25501-C0-B-9-C49-4845-87-A0-74-D308-F9-E226.jpg

This is my small Nintendo Switch (and more) section.
24068148-9-AEA-4944-946-D-546-D0-A2744-BE.jpg

E464748-D-5-A9-A-4-A45-BE11-A6-B42-AD23-FCB.jpg

My PC area is going to be upgraded at some point. This desk was something I grabbed from a second hand store five years ago.

Last edited:
I’m not taking pictures because I unlike some don’t have a big fancy house to show off And anyway my gaming set up isn’t special. Imagine a 55” oled tv on a white ikea tv bench with a PS4 under it (not plugged in cause I don’t use it) Oh and a ikea malm desk with a desktop pc, a monitor, speakers, and rgb keyboard and mouse. My Switch OLED dock (white) is on my desk too connected to the monitor

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Might take a picture soon, but the cable management is awful from a combination of recording gameplay (requiring a stupid setup for mic usage) and having PSVR set up.

Arioco

This is what pretty much every room looks like
3nxi11N.jpg

😳

It's beautiful, truly gorgeous, but how long does it take to water them all? 😂 My God... 280 plants! That must be a full time job. At least it looks like your wife knows how to take care of them, something unfortunately I can't say about myself... 🙄

Gorgeous. I have 3 plants and I get 24/7 anxiety that they’ll die at any moment.

Hahaha That's exactly my case. 😂 Four plants in the house and everytime I see a yellow leave I'm like "OMG!!! I forgot to water them again! They're all going to die! I'm a failure! 😱😪".

I thinks plants hate me for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ Why?! I do like them!

😳

It's beautiful, truly gorgeous, but how long does it take to water them all? 😂 My God... 280 plants! That must be a full time job. At least it looks like your wife knows how to take care of them, something unfortunately I can't say about myself... 🙄

Hahaha That's exactly my case. 😂 Four plants in the house and everytime I see a yellow leave I'm like "OMG!!! I forgot to water them again! They're all going to die! I'm a failure! 😱😪".

I thinks plants hate me for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ Why?! I do like them!
About 100 of them are pretty low maintenance but it's still 8-10 hours a week. She just puts on her headphones and dances around watering plants for the afternoon while I do all the other housework haha. There is also a rotation schedule due to having more plants than Windows.
We also have propagation stations for growing more plants haha.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Here is my new Finnish setup. Bespoke architecture with local carpentry. While our London home will always remain a special place for me, this is the dearest place in my life, a holiday home just ready for the pandemic in 2020.

Mezzanine

This is where I play games. A bespoke wooden media unit weighing around 300kg hides an Xbox Series X, a Switch dock and an Apple TV. A Samsung QLED TV, Sonos Arc sound bar, Sonos sub and surrounds.

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

A hidden TV mostly for late night YouTube runs. Next to it, a hidden whisky cabinet and an headphones station with Sennheiser HD820 headphones, Sennheiser HDV820 amp and a NAD streamer. This is where I watch E3 and WWDC keynotes.

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

ir2lJ6Q.jpg

What do you do for a living?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
IMG-0764.jpg

I give myself serious points on this set up, is this the greatest gaming set up? No, but its an elite set up.

37in 4K HDR Sharp TV
X-Rocker gaming chair, big comfort advantage for console gaming.
Xbox Series X
RCA 32in HD TV
Spectrum TV cable box
PS5 Digital
Dynex 30 in TV with Firestick TV

43761d28-85ab-42f8-8ced-fa97155e572c.jpg

I don't care about decorating but the pandemic gave me time to do something.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Maybe this is the inspiration I need to tidy up my basement studio. I love my setup but it looks like an advanced "Rare Sux!" area cause of my scary basement walls. lol

BLAUcopter

Gold Member

Mezzanine

cuNfIm3.jpg

HzEqnF6.jpg

blpAiYj.jpg

Lounge

ba1FJxs.jpg

F2s7MaL.jpg
4qsoS9v.jpg

Study

ir2lJ6Q.jpg
Amazing

Grechy34

Certainly. I invest into early stage companies. Most will go bust, and one or two in a dozen become massive, if I do my job right.

I have worked relentlessly since I was 9:

What I like most about your home is that you could probably have likely afforded to live in some real fancy metro place but your taste is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom