• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2023 Edition | 20th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
2022 is behind us, and the world is open again. Killing lockdowns bunkering home playing Animal Crossing seems like a long time ago. It will be interesting to see how the world opening up and heading to a big recession may be reflected in the setups of 2023. No big console introductions are expected in 2023, but we can look forward to seeing PSVR2 in people's setups.

The thread. The tradition.

Incredibly, this is the 20th anniversary of this thread. Going since 2004 at least, this tradition has created an ever evolving snapshot of what it looks like to play video games in [current_year]. Over the last two decades, it has also become a look into teens growing into parents, rooms turning into houses, old generations turning into new generations, dreams turning into dream setups.

Previous threads

2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022

2022 thread highlights

Reddest setup – jonnyXx

j9vlkvs.jpg

So that's where all the retro consoles went – Team Andromeda

LisQrre.jpg

When rather than going to the video game store, the video game store comes to you – Working_Stiff

cLPlIyg.jpeg

Focusing on the Switch backlog until Switch Pro drops — levyjl1988

uzwFJUp.jpg

A literal baller —gameroomtheater

3AKIm9l.jpg

Netflix & chill – Bamihap

IKf44Oz.jpg

FAQs

How do I upload pics?
Use the +Image button below. In case it's not working for some reason, Abload.de is pretty good too.

My setup is cluttered, I don't want to post it!
Just do it! Seeing collections of hundreds of games, figures, art is a lot of fun. We have seen all kinds over the years.

Can I post other rooms and non-gaming stuff? Kitchen? Garage? Cars? Audio gear? Bondage cave?
Yes! While it's good to lead with gaming setups, feel free to follow with a broader look. If you post a lot of non-gaming pictures, please use a spoiler tag. Some people enjoy peeking into people's different lives around the world. We tried having a separate cribs thread back in 2011, but redundancy with this thread meant the concept didn't take off alone.

What's going on with your setup?
In the last two years of pandemic, we have become more nomadic. I created a separate thread for Switch gaming on the go.

The London setup I posted in 2020 still remains, but we have now established new residences in Finland and French Polynesia as well. The French Polynesia setup will be nuts, ready for the 2023 2024 thread, hopefully. It all starts somewhere - here is a throwback to my 2004 gaming setup.

zephiross

Thanks for the thread ! I’ve been tidying up things recently but wanted to wait for the 2023 edition to post the update.

So here we go:

I've cable managed the Desk for a much cleaner look

kdpZCUM.jpg

tnl1775.jpg

OJcByRc.jpg

The house runs on homekit and (almost) every light is philips hue

oEzKdpF.jpg
Now for some extra stuff not shown before, I used to have a rift (original one) but recvently sold it for an index which discvretely sits behind the PC when not in use.

6DS93Am.jpg
And since I'm quite versed in racing games, I've a wheel setup composed of a Playseat challenge (it's foldable so it can be put away when not used, but not very sturdy) equiped with Fanatec DD Pro (8 Nm) and CSL pedals with load cell.

LGxX50L.jpg

i9FgDSj.jpg

Bonus pic, the lego collection

joJ3EfW.jpg

Now that's all for the gaming room, but thanks to Nvidia gamestream, and to my apple tv 4K and ipad, I can play in the living room or anywhere in the house really. I espacially enjoy running emulators on the ipad and honestly with the WIFI 6 mesh network I just installed, you can play anything with barely any input lag (anything not multyplayer at least).

R5ofAha.jpg

nZ8dgbt.jpg

Hardware wise not much has change, still rocking
- LG 55C9 for PS5 and PC upstairs, and LG 55C7 in the living room
- Some older gen consoles tucked away in the TV stand (PS4 Pro, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox ONE X, 2DS). The switch is downstair in the living room.

- PC Specs are as follow:
RTX 3080
i7 10700KF
16Gb RAM

- and a 3440*1440@100hz 21/9 philips screen

Only change is I now have a LG SP11RA (7.1.4) which really helps bring immersion to another level with sounds comming from all directions. And what do we say to the god of wallmounted TV ? not today.

That's "all", hope you enjoyed :) I do not have anything planned in the near future. I would like to get one of those Samsung odyssey oled G8 though.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Beautiful setup! On one hand having a lot if items, on the other hand making them look so clean and stylish is inspiring.

My current pandemic driven, nomadic approach to gaming setups is perhaps best demonstrated with these 5 setups.

ktAPClN.jpg

February. Our temporary rental home on Moorea, French Polynesia where we have lived for the last two years while we are building our house.

enS5HjG.jpg

May. A rental chateau we shared with friends in Burgundy, France.

EStl6Mu.jpg

June. A hotel room in Burgundy, France.

V2ZezxB.jpg

July. Our own holiday home in the Finnish lake district.

NQUw6m5.jpg

August. An apartment hotel in Helsinki.

I hope in 2024, when our house in French Polynesia is supposed to be ready, I will have three well equipped gaming setups - London, Finnish lake district and French Polynesia.

Last edited:
I got the entire basement freed up this year after my friend finally moved out after telling me he was going to over two years ago, so I have some big plans for it. I already set up a workspace in the downstairs kitchen to work on my model kits and all the video game stuff I have stashed all over the house will go down there as well. Just need to replace the cat piss carpets, then I can start setting up shelving and moving all my shit downstairs.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Beautiful setup! One hand having a lot if items, on the other hand making them look so clean and stylish is inspiring.

My current pandemic driven, nomadic approach to gaming setups is perhaps best demonstrated with these 5 setups.

ktAPClN.jpg

February. Our temporary rental home on Moorea, French Polynesia where we have lived for the last two years while we are building our house.

enS5HjG.jpg

May. A rental chateau we shared with friends in Burgundy, France.

EStl6Mu.jpg

June. A hotel room in Burgundy, France.

V2ZezxB.jpg

July. Our own holiday home in the Finnish lake district.

NQUw6m5.jpg

August. An apartment hotel in Helsinki.

I hope in 2024, when our house in French Polynesia is supposed to be ready, I will have three well equipped gaming setups - London, Finnish lake district and French Polynesia.
Playing Elden Ring everywhere automatically makes you win this thread 👌😁

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
This has always been my favorite thread on neogaf and probably the reason why I originally discovered this site all those years ago. I'm hoping this will be the year that I can finally buy a house and then post my setup at last. In the meanwhile I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's setups!

Last edited:

Fredrik

This has always been my favorite thread on neogaf and probably the reason why I originally discovered this site all those years ago. I'm hoping this will be the year that I can finally buy a house and then post my setup at last. In the meanwhile I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's setups!
Don’t need a house or stylistic super planned setup, my PC setup is cramped up in a messy music room with the keyboard sitting on top of a Tascam porta studio! 😅
lf8jFQz.jpg

nani17

are in a big trouble
20230101-150159.jpg

20230101-143202.jpg

This is my current setup sadly all my retro systems are put away till I find a big house to have them all out.

The setup is

One Desk
Acer predator 165hz 1440p (Left)
Asus PG279QM 240hz 1440p(right)
PS4 (Naughty edition)
Apple Keyboard and mouse
PS5 ...gathering dust.
Controllers for consoles
Custom Keyboard with cherry red switches
Logitech G Pro X Superlight mouse
Takashi Murakami x FaZe Clan Mousepad (don't care about the clan just like the mat)
Blue yeti on some cheap amazon boom arm
An unused overpriced phone by a fruit company. I hear they finally got widgets.(My dad's old phone)
Samsung pro 980 m.2 1tb
Western Digital m.2 1tb
Seagate HDD 6tb
Samsung SSD 500GB

Big case
Lian Li O11Dynamic XL
G.Skill Trident Z 64GB
Intel Core i9-12900K OC to 4.9
NZXT Kraken Z73
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A
Lian Li UNI FAN x3
Lian Li Strimer Plus
MSI Suprim X 3080ti (plays minesweeper in 29K.....)

Black case (Hackintosh)
macOS Ventura
AMD 580 nitro
Samsung Evo 512GB
Corsair vengeance 16GB

Last edited:

Deanington

pdwzytQ.jpg
h0CYcLH.jpg
OfuIkPb.jpg
KRMwCV9.jpg

LG C2
Leaf 65, Modo lite keycaps, Keycult wrist rest
Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Sky pad mouse pad
Topping DX7s Dax/amp
Sennheisser HD58X

PC Intel 12700k
MSI Z690 UnifyX motherboard
32g Corsair DDr5 5600
(2) 1 tb Samsung 980 pros
Nvidia 4080 ( just swapped this in previously had a 6800xt )
Noctua everything else

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The top photo is wacky with the contrast but now that you mention it is a bit brighter than it used to be, should turn it down. It’s a Philips Hue lamp, has a nice light tbh.
OsV39nU.jpg

Nah it's personal. I can't stand light in front or under my TV. Just a me thing. Didn't mean to sound negative... Perhaps its different in person. Dope set up nonetheless!!!!

Legit WAS my room but the tv is faulty now. Am sorry not trying to deceive anyone.

Lmao no worries man. Brought back memories and looked cozy af. I was just curious <3

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
pdwzytQ.jpg
h0CYcLH.jpg
OfuIkPb.jpg
KRMwCV9.jpg

LG C2
Leaf 65, Modo lite keycaps, Keycult wrist rest
Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Sky pad mouse pad
Topping DX7s Dax/amp
Sennheisser HD58X

PC Intel 12700k
MSI Z690 UnifyX motherboard
32g Corsair DDr5 5600
(2) 1 tb Samsung 980 pros
Nvidia 4080 ( just swapped this in previously had a 6800xt )
Noctua everything else

What case is this?

Topher

Gold Member
I've changed my setup a little bit. My office is a bit small and I can't deal with the heat of a gaming PC in there. Putting my PC in the hallway and running HDMI into my office/game room.

I'll post pictures next weekend once I get it all done.

Loving seeing everyone's setups though.

Naka86

Neo Member
My newest setup in my room a 75" samsung Q85B, a 7.1.2 sonos sound surrounding with philips hue lightings
-sonos arc, 2 x sonos SL, a sub gen 3

ye61YsB.jpg

rDK3ND9.jpg

KVismS5.jpg

KK5u1yP.jpg

a pair of hifi triangle comete sp40 speakers w/naim and roksan can be control via old ipad mount beside bed bracket able to extend out to bed for easy control

MhuUIgO.jpg

Ipad pro 11" w/8 bitdo pro 2 controller for retro gaming

Living room home theatre add on accuphase amp for fronts
W3gVWPJ.jpg

desktop still remains the same no changes

jtv1sbG.jpg

That's all for now.... waiting for PSVR2 as already preordered it......

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Huge PC upgrades in 2022 with a 5800x3D, aio cpu cooler, psu, 3080 and case! Arctic fans and no leds make it blacked-out for the living room. In the background is a Switch, PS5 and Wii.
20221001-155618.jpg

20221001-155711.jpg

Lancool Mesh 2 case. Finally these magnetic swing side panel cases are affordable.
vive-side.jpg

Vive pro w/wireless adapter and gear lens mod. Battery counter-balances the headset weight, the 3D printed side panels give the earpieces structure and improve sound.
vive-wireless2.jpg

A face only a daddy can love but everything vanishes the moment you slip it on.

20220719-220649.jpg

Latest edition to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom