• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2023 Edition | 20th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestone

Neo Member
I always liked this thread, so this year i share my man cave/ gaming-/ escape room:

CaVzrsP.jpg

MsIxTIM.jpg

rMaL65Q.jpg

Bonus: cable management šŸ˜Ž
iqTTw7N.jpg

TLZ

Banned
Iā€™ve seen hundreds of setups on these threads over the years, many of them full of expensive high-end gear in polished setups that look like they are from an interior design catalog and are so clean you can fab a CPU in them. Yet this is still the best one, says somethingā€¦
Pure, raw, passionate gaming. Nothing else matters.

Topher

Gold Member
Here is my 2023 office/gaming room....

I had to move my gaming PC into this niche in the hallway. My room doesn't have enough circulation and the heat builds up quick.

ziTS2vG.jpg

eDJ73uK.jpg

Big eyesore is the speakers. I had to shift my desk to the left side of the room so I could run wires through the wall to my PC. That mean I had to shift the adjustable mount to the right. Now I have to move the right speaker over a bit.

C8oEXtM.jpg

mOlrAqU.jpg

Use this setup for both my gaming PC and work laptop. Makes for a lot of wires.

GoWGEuO.jpg

bVgRtXA.jpg

mvJl9n5.jpg

Chastten

Banned
46a0RIN.jpg

For shits and giggles, I present to you my gaming setup probably around 2003 as a poor IT student.

2 55cm TV's, DVD-player and VCR, GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation, WonderSwan Color, GBA and a Thrustmaster 2.1 Surround Set. With a lot of miscellaneous stuff thrown around. So much memories of multiplayer gaming nights in that room.

Current setup is nothing fancy, my nearly 15 year old 32inch 720p TV, Switch, PS4, Xbox 360 and an old i3 hooked up to it in a corner with a shelf with some current gen games and blu-rays next to it. It has served me well all these years since I don't really care about graphics when gaming, but since I started actively watching anime again last year after a 10 year break, this might finally be the year I buy a new TV and furniture. We'll see.

M4BEdkP.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
46a0RIN.jpg

For shits and giggles, I present to you my gaming setup probably around 2003 as a poor IT student.

2 55cm TV's, DVD-player and VCR, GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation, WonderSwan Color, GBA and a Thrustmaster 2.1 Surround Set. With a lot of miscellaneous stuff thrown around. So much memories of multiplayer gaming nights in that room.

Current setup is nothing fancy, my nearly 15 year old 32inch 720p TV, Switch, PS4, Xbox 360 and an old i3 hooked up to it in a corner with a shelf with some current gen games and blu-rays next to it. It has served me well all these years since I don't really care about graphics when gaming, but since I started actively watching anime again last year after a 10 year break, this might finally be the year I buy a new TV and furniture. We'll see.

M4BEdkP.jpg
Clean.
My Home Theater set up, do connect my Switch and Series X to it for some big screen thrills, upgraded to Atmos/Dts X, with in ceiling speakers. My set up will be in the January edition of Home Cinema Choice, as I have upgraded since it's initial inclusion years ago.

Full Blu-ray.com link https://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=jonmoz

R3bl9sC.jpg
yyXNlCO.jpg
1Ilt6mi.jpg
LRfc3zb.jpg
TECQNrP.jpg
2f8eFhK.jpg
a6dP6gv.jpg
Amazing.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Here is my 2023 office/gaming room....

I had to move my gaming PC into this niche in the hallway. My room doesn't have enough circulation and the heat builds up quick.

ziTS2vG.jpg

eDJ73uK.jpg

Big eyesore is the speakers. I had to shift my desk to the left side of the room so I could run wires through the wall to my PC. That mean I had to shift the adjustable mount to the right. Now I have to move the right speaker over a bit.

C8oEXtM.jpg

mOlrAqU.jpg

Use this setup for both my gaming PC and work laptop. Makes for a lot of wires.

GoWGEuO.jpg

bVgRtXA.jpg

mvJl9n5.jpg
Love it. Are those Pebble speakers? Theyā€™re cute as, and Iā€™ve looked at them in the past.

Also, is the PS3 decorative or connected? In the past Iā€™ve liked displaying my old consoles but with a sticky kids itā€™s a complete no go :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Topher

Gold Member
Love it. Are those Pebble speakers? Theyā€™re cute as, and Iā€™ve looked at them in the past.

Also, is the PS3 decorative or connected? In the past Iā€™ve liked displaying my old consoles but with a sticky kids itā€™s a complete no go :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Yeah, Creative Labs Pebble. Got them for like $15 on Amazon. Sound pretty good too.

Don't have the PS3 connected since I rarely play it anymore so its just there for show.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
46a0RIN.jpg

Thats awesome. Back when I was in the dorms (1999-2000) in our room we had NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PlayStation 1, Saturn with ROM Cart for imports, and a Dreamcast.

Kusarigama

I would love to have nice clean setups like so many posts above. But I think I lack the discipline to maintain a neat setup. Let's see what 2023 holds for m3 as my last year of studies wraps up.

EDMIX

Beautiful setup! On one hand having a lot if items, on the other hand making them look so clean and stylish is inspiring.

My current pandemic driven, nomadic approach to gaming setups is perhaps best demonstrated with these 5 setups.

ktAPClN.jpg

February. Our temporary rental home on Moorea, French Polynesia where we have lived for the last two years while we are building our house.

enS5HjG.jpg

May. A rental chateau we shared with friends in Burgundy, France.

EStl6Mu.jpg

June. A hotel room in Burgundy, France.

V2ZezxB.jpg

July. Our own holiday home in the Finnish lake district.

NQUw6m5.jpg

August. An apartment hotel in Helsinki.

I hope in 2024, when our house in French Polynesia is supposed to be ready, I will have three well equipped gaming setups - London, Finnish lake district and French Polynesia.

Respeck!

EDMIX

Love this thread, it's what has pushed me to get my ass a better career and get some decent shit. I'm working on a new PC setup which I'll show soon and added a Series X to my living room. Pics soon. Happy New Years my dudes, cannot wait to see more awesome setups.

true.

I wonder how many work for IT companies from home as ....the money pretty fucking good and you need a beast work from home set up (that slowly morphs into the greatest gaming hub) lol

Rex_DX

Gold Member
46a0RIN.jpg

M4BEdkP.jpg
This might be my favorite post so far this year. Thanks for sharing man!

First one brings back memories of many a late night playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with friends or KOTOR with a long lost buddy.

I'm pretty sure I got that pirate ship kit from the second pic for Christmas one year too. Sadly lost to the age now.

Nostalgia factory.

Chastten

Banned
This might be my favorite post so far this year. Thanks for sharing man!

First one brings back memories of many a late night playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with friends or KOTOR with a long lost buddy.

I'm pretty sure I got that pirate ship kit from the second pic for Christmas one year too. Sadly lost to the age now.

Nostalgia factory.

Thanks! Haha, that picture brings back so much fond memories of my teen and early-20 years. I loved all the stuff I had, even if it was a little too cluttered on that picture.

As much as I love all the super clean minimalistic rooms people post here, I love physical too much myself to go that route. I love going through my collections and just breathe in the nostalgia.

The ship on the second picture, sadly, is not the original from 1989 by the way, but the remake from 2020. As a kid my parents couldn't afford that one, so my brother and me got the smaller Carribean Clipper. Still, the remake is an absolutely fantastic blast from the past and one of my favorite Lego sets ever.

Last edited:
mines isn't even worth the bother of taking a photo of.

i have my PC and a switch. i have like 6 switch cartridges in a case so can't even show games cases off because i hardly buy physical crap. so nothing exciting!

i live in a tiny house and my pc/switch are in my tiny bedroom. maybe if i was rich i'd feel the need to take some photos for this thread.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Should be able to post my setups before the end of this year. I plan on having my PC + a console or two in the living room, plus a "retro area" in the attic. Hope it all turns out nice.

Banjo64

cumsessed
mines isn't even worth the bother of taking a photo of.

i have my PC and a switch. i have like 6 switch cartridges in a case so can't even show games cases off because i hardly buy physical crap. so nothing exciting!

i live in a tiny house and my pc/switch are in my tiny bedroom. maybe if i was rich i'd feel the need to take some photos for this thread.
Nah fuck that man. I enjoy seeing the home cinemas and millionaire pads here, but also just the homey set ups too.

You may think yours is unremarkable but part of the fun is just seeing what people rock with.

MurfHey

This one is damn cozy.

Also: as a bartender, is that an actual bar in your basement and if so let's get some pics of that too. Love home bars.
Cozy is what I wanted. And yep, just a small home bar nothing crazy. Also have a pool table, currently covered in baby toys we are donating.
LwD2SvY.jpg
fCnITmL.jpg

Mozza

true.

I wonder how many work for IT companies from home as ....the money pretty fucking good and you need a beast work from home set up (that slowly morphs into the greatest gaming hub) lol
I am in car sales, which has always been pretty decent, as long as you put the hours in. :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here is my 2023 setup. I stream arcade games weekly on my twitch channel ( www.twitch.tv.pastblaster ) 7 arcade cabs in here (Egret 2, Windy, Astro City, Blast City ( Kinda hidden ) Neo-Geo Goldie, Chewlix, Sega Lindbergh. Also has my desk with PC and PS5. It's a little claustrophobic, but I love it.
tkMkUAL.jpg
Wow, that is so cool. Itā€™s begging for a Taito ash tray and a glass of Asahi

Thebonehead

Banned
Here is my 2023 setup. I stream arcade games weekly on my twitch channel ( www.twitch.tv.pastblaster ) 7 arcade cabs in here (Egret 2, Windy, Astro City, Blast City ( Kinda hidden ) Neo-Geo Goldie, Chewlix, Sega Lindbergh. Also has my desk with PC and PS5. It's a little claustrophobic, but I love it.
tkMkUAL.jpg
Dude - Put some clothes on . Those reflections are crazy :)

How do you capture the arcade cabinet signals? Some kind of vga splitter on the crt outputs?

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
Dude - Put some clothes on . Those reflections are crazy :)

How do you capture the arcade cabinet signals? Some kind of vga splitter on the crt outputs?
My setup is kind of complicated, but the easiest way to explain it is that each cab uses a Splitfire. It captures the 15k Arcade Signal and sends it to an OSSC which upscales it to 720p for capture devices. I use a lot of Extron hardware as well to help with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom