• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2023 Edition | 20th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Some fresh pics of my setup. So happy to be in London to play the new Zelda here. Also have been enjoying finally getting to play Mother 3 in English on TV with my Analogue Pocket.

Did a huge upgrade to my movie setup getting a Kaleidescape system. It’s insane how good uncompressed films look like. All that gray area noise and banding is gone.

T6PkDQy.jpg
9rB6BG0.jpg
VGFtxxB.jpg
TCq1NH7.jpg
0uMhqHJ.jpg
5L29Lrx.jpg
C6yUGDt.jpg

jdC1rO8.jpg

TV - Samsung Q90 85
AV amp - NAD M17 v2
Front speakers - Genelec 8351
Back speakers - Genelec 8341
Streamer - Apple TV 4K
Movie server - Kaleidescape Terra 6TB
Movie player - Kaleidescape Strato C
PS5
PSVR2
Xbox Series X
Nintendo Switch OLED
Remote - Crestron
Analogue Pocket + dock

Headphones setup

Cambridge Audio Azur 851N streamer
Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
Schiit Ragnarok 2 amp
Hifiman HE1000 headphones
Sennheiser HD820 headphones

Last edited:

elbourreau

Some fresh pics of my setup. So happy to be in London to play the new Zelda here. Also have been enjoying finally getting to play Mother 3 in English on TV with my Analogue Pocket.

Did a huge upgrade to my movie setup getting a Kaleidescape system. It’s insane how good uncompressed films look like. All that gray area noise and banding is gone.

T6PkDQy.jpg
9rB6BG0.jpg
VGFtxxB.jpg
TCq1NH7.jpg
0uMhqHJ.jpg
5L29Lrx.jpg
C6yUGDt.jpg

TV - Samsung Q90 85
AV amp - NAD M17 v2
Streamer - Apple TV 4K
PS5
PSVR2
Xbox Series X
Nintendo Switch OLED
Remote - Crestron
Analogue Pocket + dock

Headphones setup

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
Schiit Ragnarok 2 amp
I have to give kudos to you. You are the one responsible for me to switch to monitoring set up 9 - 10 years ago (focal CMS here, couldn't ear Genelec so...). Now I couldn't go back!

Bow Down Praise The Lord GIF by Dead Meat James

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have to give kudos to you. You are the one responsible for me to switch to monitoring set up 9 - 10 years ago (focal CMS here, couldn't ear Genelec so...). Now I couldn't go back!

Bow Down Praise The Lord GIF by Dead Meat James

Nice! Yeah I love monitors. They take away the amp synergy nervosa.

Is everyone seeing the pics in my post? They are not loading for me

Celcius

°Temp. member

T6PkDQy.jpg
9rB6BG0.jpg
VGFtxxB.jpg
TCq1NH7.jpg
0uMhqHJ.jpg
5L29Lrx.jpg
C6yUGDt.jpg

TV - Samsung Q90 85
AV amp - NAD M17 v2
Streamer - Apple TV 4K
PS5
PSVR2
Xbox Series X
Nintendo Switch OLED
Remote - Crestron
Analogue Pocket + dock

Headphones setup

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
Schiit Ragnarok 2 amp
One of my all-time favorite setups! Always good to see an update.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

T6PkDQy.jpg
9rB6BG0.jpg
VGFtxxB.jpg
TCq1NH7.jpg
0uMhqHJ.jpg
5L29Lrx.jpg
C6yUGDt.jpg

jdC1rO8.jpg

TV - Samsung Q90 85
AV amp - NAD M17 v2
Streamer - Apple TV 4K
PS5
PSVR2
Xbox Series X
Nintendo Switch OLED
Remote - Crestron
Analogue Pocket + dock

Headphones setup

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
Schiit Ragnarok 2 amp
love the analogue pocket but won't get it if they can't give me a date
also that glass bowl would be a beautiful ecosphere

The minimalism must continue. Sold my monitor, PS5 and Series S.

k1sDFQ9.jpg

Switch OLED plus Skull and Co Neogrip. Samsung 12th gen i3 Galaxy Book. Good enough to play Halo 3 @ 60fps.

Absolutely loving the Switch. Best console since the PS3. It’s absolutely insane.
Just curious, what made you sell the consoles and get a Galaxy Book? It doesn't have a discrete GPU, right? I've been into minimalism for awhile but I don't think I could get rid of my PS5 or Gaming PC though gaming is really the only area I actually own anything physical.

Just curious, what made you sell the consoles and get a Galaxy Book? It doesn't have a discrete GPU, right? I've been into minimalism for awhile but I don't think I could get rid of my PS5 or Gaming PC though gaming is really the only area I actually own anything physical.
Here is an idiot that tried to be more "minimalist" a couple of times, only to fail on each try and get his hw stuff back. I just can't limit myself to just one platform, even though I'm in love with the thought of the simplicity of having just one platform to care for (I hate all the clutter from multiple platforms, cables, adapters, controllers and shit, let alone the space required to put all of the plastic boxes somewhere).

Topher

Gold Member
The minimalism must continue. Sold my monitor, PS5 and Series S.

k1sDFQ9.jpg

Switch OLED plus Skull and Co Neogrip. Samsung 12th gen i3 Galaxy Book. Good enough to play Halo 3 @ 60fps.

Absolutely loving the Switch. Best console since the PS3. It’s absolutely insane.

Banjo64 Banjo64 's setup in one year. Sold the laptop. Sold the Switch. Sold the desk. Sold the weights he never uses. Hell.....sold the walls and floors.

Just Banjo64 Banjo64 and this fucking chair.

images

The minimalism must continue.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Hello.

I sold my Xbox a couple of months ago because I don't think their model is fair to console owners in comparison to just buying their games on Steam.

I sold my PS5 because I have young children and don't have the time or energy to sit down and play multiple 20+ hour long games per year. When they are a little older and sleeping through, I'll buy a PS5 Slim (the library would have matured and game prices will be lower anyway).

The Switch is what I've mained since Elden Ring, just short bursts of multiplayer games like Rocket League and Splatoon 3 whilst in bed.

The laptop I owned for managing my music and photo library, it was never bought with gaming in mind but I realised it can play MCC, Sea of Thieves etc @ 60fps.

So yeah, I shouldn't have said it was a quest for minimalism. It's mainly driven by the kid situation and not wanting a pile of electronics sat there gathering dust.

Sold the weights he never uses.
That was all hilarious, but ouch bro you got me there :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here is an idiot that tried to be more "minimalist" a couple of times, only to fail on each try and get his hw stuff back. I just can't limit myself to just one platform, even though I'm in love with the thought of the simplicity of having just one platform to care for (I hate all the clutter from multiple platforms, cables, adapters, controllers and shit, let alone the space required to put all of the plastic boxes somewhere).
Not sure if you are trying to shit on me (similar situation), or explain your situation but I will assume the positive side. I've bought and sold multiple consoles multiple times. I would love to have one platform and I could do it if I set my mind to it but I enjoy a lot of games that are spread out on different platforms. Switch would be the easiest for me to get rid of despite TOTK being my GOTY so far.

Emulation for me also always feels wrong in my head. I know it's just a brain block but I just haven't gotten past that hump despite knowing it's objectively better in most cases.

Luckily as I mentioned games are really my only hobby that involves physical stuff for the most part and even then outside of my consoles (PS1, PS2 Fat, PS3 Fat and Slim, PS4 Pro 500M, PS5, 360 Slim Halo Reach, WiiU, Switch, Vita, PC) my actual physical game collection is less then 30 games. That being said I will be selling my PS4 Pro 500M edition, PS1, PS3 Slim here soon I think so it'll get smaller.

Hello.

I sold my Xbox a couple of months ago because I don't think their model is fair to console owners in comparison to just buying their games on Steam.

I sold my PS5 because I have young children and don't have the time or energy to sit down and play multiple 20+ hour long games per year. When they are a little older and sleeping through, I'll buy a PS5 Slim (the library would have matured and game prices will be lower anyway).

The Switch is what I've mained since Elden Ring, just short bursts of multiplayer games like Rocket League and Splatoon 3 whilst in bed.

The laptop I owned for managing my music and photo library, it was never bought with gaming in mind but I realised it can play MCC, Sea of Thieves etc @ 60fps.

So yeah, I shouldn't have said it was a quest for minimalism. It's mainly driven by the kid situation and not wanting a pile of electronics sat there gathering dust.

That was all hilarious, but ouch bro you got me there :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I gotcha. That makes a lot of sense actually. I don't have any kids but just by getting older (30) and trying to get back into shape I've been playing games less and less and it makes less and less sense for me to keep all of this stuff around.

Last edited:
Not sure if you are trying to shit on me (similar situation), or explain your situation but I will assume the positive side. I've bought and sold multiple consoles multiple times. I would love to have one platform and I could do it if I set my mind to it but I enjoy a lot of games that are spread out on different platforms. Switch would be the easiest for me to get rid of despite TOTK being my GOTY so far.

Emulation for me also always feels wrong in my head. I know it's just a brain block but I just haven't gotten past that hump despite knowing it's objectively better in most cases.

Luckily as I mentioned games are really my only hobby that involves physical stuff for the most part and even then outside of my consoles (PS1, PS2 Fat, PS3 Fat and Slim, PS4 Pro 500M, PS5, 360 Slim Halo Reach, WiiU, Switch, Vita, PC) my actual physical game collection is less then 30 games. That being said I will be selling my PS4 Pro 500M edition, PS1, PS3 Slim here soon I think so it'll get smaller.
No, I'm the exact same as you. I don't know how to fix my problem, but we even have the "I don't like emulation" part in common. Right now I've got a modern Gaming PC, all three current gen consoles and a collection of older/retro consoles. It's definitely too much, yet at the same time I'm not sure how to properly reduce the clutter / minimize the collection. I like clean and minimalist interior designs / rooms, but these plastic boxes make it practically impossible to have a room look clean and tidy. First world problems and all.

No, I'm the exact same as you. I don't know how to fix my problem, but we even have the "I don't like emulation" part in common. Right now I've got a modern Gaming PC, all three current gen consoles and a collection of older/retro consoles. It's definitely too much, yet at the same time I'm not sure how to properly reduce the clutter / minimize the collection. I like clean and minimalist interior designs / rooms, but these plastic boxes make it practically impossible to have a room look clean and tidy. First world problems and all.
I used to have so much more then I do now. When I first got into minimalism I got rid of basically 90% of my belongings. I definitely rebought quite a bit of it when it comes to consoles.

The big thing for me is redundancy. My Fat PS3 covers PS1-3 so why do I need my PS1, PS2, and PS3 slim? The PS2 is my favorite console of all time so I don't see myself getting rid of that so I could sell the fat PS3 for 3x the Slim but then I'm scared of the fat dying and losing them all so I'm right back where I started. PS4 Pro 500M is a definite sell. I actually bought that within the last year because I've always loved how it looked and I was like oh I will play games that aren't enchanted on my PS5 on that until I used it and remembered how loud and slow PS4s are.

Realistically console wise for me the PS5, PS3, and Vita cover the entire PS catalog. My WiiU can cover a good amount of Nintendo stuff as well but at the same time my PC can emulate everything but the PS3 reliably (PS3 emulation still seems hit or miss the last time I checked but it's been awhile). Getting over that Emulation hump is the problem there.

Like I want to play Haunting Ground, but I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for it so I should emulate it right? It still feels off to me.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

T6PkDQy.jpg
9rB6BG0.jpg
VGFtxxB.jpg
TCq1NH7.jpg
0uMhqHJ.jpg
5L29Lrx.jpg
C6yUGDt.jpg

jdC1rO8.jpg

TV - Samsung Q90 85
AV amp - NAD M17 v2
Streamer - Apple TV 4K
PS5
PSVR2
Xbox Series X
Nintendo Switch OLED
Remote - Crestron
Analogue Pocket + dock

Headphones setup

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
Schiit Ragnarok 2 amp
wtf do you do for living. That's some snobby decor right here

Last edited:

Jrecard

Looks awesome. What are the full system specs?
Sorry, I always seem to leave that out! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

13700k @ 5.4
Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Bykski CPU block
2x16gb Corsair Vengeance 6400c32
Dell oem 4090 (pulled from a system, el cheap)
Alphacool Reference GPU Block
2tb 980 Pro
V850 Gold PSU
1x XR5 360mm radiator w/120mm toughfan
1x XR5 420mm radiator w/140mm toughfan
Corsair XD5 Pump/Res
Corsair Commander Core for fan control with water temp
Bykski flow and temperature meter
Fractal Torrent with dark tint
G8 Oled Monitor

I think that's everything

20230704-203604.jpg

20230704-203813.jpg

20230704-203237.jpg

My new room.

After our son's accident, we had to sell our small, non-barrier-free terrace house and build a new one.

Instead of a large living room in the basement, I am now accommodated in a small room right next to the living room, where my wife usually relaxes... the surcharge for the soundproof door was definitely worth it :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

Celcius

°Temp. member
First look to my Gaming Setup 2025 on Moorea. Will have a Barco Bragi projector and Meridien speaker system with a Storm amp

SLVMmqI.jpg

That’s the master bed, lounge and wine room going up
Done with living in the sky, or is this just a vacation home?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Done with living in the sky, or is this just a vacation home?
This is our main home, we are French Polynesian residents now and spend the majority of the year on Moorea.

Lucky to be able to keep our London flat, we are every Spring there during cherry blossom. And a month in the Autumn.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
7Sidbkl.jpg

My little piece of heaven. I recently moved to a 7000D airflow so I could stick an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 on top and man this thing is totally QUIET. So then I figured might as well get some speakers instead of using headphones + got the Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 and it sounds (and feels) so damn good.

Full specs:
- LG C1 48”
- Corsair 7000D Airflow with 9X Phanteks T30-120 running around 30% speed (literally can’t hear it unless I put my ear right up to the case)
- 13700K w/ Liquid Freezer II 420
- MSI Z690 Tomahawk
- MSI 4090 Gaming Trio
- 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6400 MHz
- WD SN850 1TB
- Seasonic Prime PX-1000
- Aquacomputer Octo

Took a couple days off for Starfield and man I can’t wait!

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Alright. After four years and going 0/7 on offers accepted number 8 is the lucky one. I finally bought my first house.

I'm fortunate that I have a fourth floor loft I can dedicate 100% to an office/gaming room.

I can actually participate in this thread soon! I'm curious to see what GAF would do with a blank canvas.

Pictures to follow shortly.

Cheers you lot.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am officially running out of space for games.
What do I axe first ?! (yes, I will put dark souls games in that sleeve as I replace it with new games)
y8rN14I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom