• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIE's New Business Pillars

What a laughable response.

Maybe you aren't paying attention, PS+ is going to become a tiered subscription model, but the prices and features are not going to line up directly with game pass, but from an overall user subscription number and total revenue number, I can see this easily outperforming Game Pass. Your opinion on the value of the respective features is neither here nor there.

I already said that this was a tiered approach like Netflix's. Clearly, you didn't read that.

PS Now by itself is 4.99 a month. For 15.99 you will based on the rumor not only get the full feature set of PS Now, but also access to classic games as well as free trials, and as I speculated possibly Crunchyroll/Funimation. So the idea that this is just PS+ and PS Now (even if the video services aren't added) is disingenuous at best.

That isn't how tiers work though. It's not about comparing a specific tier to another service, it's about how much revenue the overall programs create for their parent companies. And again not the exact same service even based on what we know to be rumored.

How does it contradict my first point. Indies arent the same financial risk as a “The Last Guardian”. Playstation are a Playstation first company. SMEJ handles content more towards the Japanese market.

Titles published by Playstation that were more successful were western. But yes Playstation originally fell under Sony “Music” Entertainment Japan. But Playstation studios were always western heavy. SMEJ where Sony focuses on the Japanese market. And has been largely successful. Fate/Order is probably Sonys only successful mobile game.
Actually 4 of the top 5 best selling PS1 games were published by SCE in one or more region. The top 5 best selling games were all Japanese.

On the PS2, similar story - God of War falls behind 5 other Japanese games published by SCE.

Sega Orphan

Banned
I do wonder if the PS players who rubbished Gamepass and called it the worst thing to happen to gaming will stick by their morals and refuse to subscribe to Spartacus.

ZehDon

Maybe you aren't paying attention, PS+ is going to become a tiered subscription model, but the prices and features are not going to line up directly with game pass, but from an overall user subscription number and total revenue number, I can see this easily outperforming Game Pass...
"Game Pass and PS+ are not comparable - but if we bundle all PS+ tiers together so I can make a disingenuous comparison to Game Pass, PlayStation wins! You're not paying attention."

You might as well be telling people that Sony actually has more revenue than Microsoft. "If we take all of Sony's divisions and combine them, and for Microsoft we just take Game Pass subscriptions, Sony's revenue completely dwarfs Microsoft's revenue! PlayStation wins! You're not paying attention."

You're a joke.

"Game Pass and PS+ are not comparable - but if we bundle all PS+ tiers together so I can make a disingenuous comparison to Game Pass, PlayStation wins! You're not paying attention."

You might as well be telling people that Sony actually has more revenue than Microsoft. "If we take all of Sony's divisions and combine them, and for Microsoft we just take Game Pass subscriptions, Sony's revenue completely dwarfs Microsoft's revenue! PlayStation wins! You're not paying attention."

You're a joke.

You're lost out there. They're both subscription services, their featureset as I mentioned doesn't matter. They're comparable because they are both video game company in general competition with each other providing subscription services that have similar prices. The feature set don't have to be any more similar in order for you to compare their revenue.

It would be like you saying you can't compare Halo Infinite and Spider-Man Miles Morales, because they aren't the same genre and that Halo Infinite will have a different model because it has F2P. Ultimately what matters is the revenue both games generate and that can be compared.

Top Bottom