• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 - 10 Reasons Why There's Nothing Like it

Collin

Banned
idk man, i played this game for the first time relatively recently and i lowkey thought it was a bit mediocre.

there’s good sound design and i like exploring the town but the actual levels feel so bland, especially when you flip over the dark world versions of them. just tons of flat boring corridors and entering door and door looking for fucking keys or whatever. the gameplay has aged really poorly to me.

as for the story, i think it’s the kind of thing i appreciate more as a whole than the individual pieces. the surreal subtext about his wife is very very cool as a concept. but when you remove that layer, the actual moment to moment elements of it feel so sluggishly directed and i think the voice actor for james is really not good at all. (i played a genuine ps2 copy so i didn’t hear the troy baker vo update for the remaster).

xiskza

I've always liked SH1 better tbh, that's my favorite horror game of all time. But SH2 is pretty great too, although at the time I didnt like it cause it was such a departure from SH1

Neff

there’s good sound design and i like exploring the town but the actual levels feel so bland, especially when you flip over the dark world versions of them. just tons of flat boring corridors and entering door and door looking for fucking keys or whatever. the gameplay has aged really poorly to me.

It's a shockingly mediocre product in pure video game terms, but this is rarely discussed, instead (undeservedly imo) receiving a pass for its story and presentation.

Shame, because Silent Hill 1 was genuinely good as both a horror experience and as a game.

Top Bottom