• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake Announced | PS5 & PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

So this confirm the leak from earlier today.

Coming for PS5 and PC, console exclusive for a year.
Developed by Bloober Team
Will use Unreal Engine 5

Gameplay details and design changes:​

By Mateusz Lenart, Creative Director & Lead Designer at Bloober Team

We approach working on the remake with such great care and respect for the original game.
With that in mind, one of our primary goals is to preserve the atmosphere that made Silent Hill 2 so exceptional, while also modernizing many aspects of the game’s overall gameplay.
We are working closely with the original creators, including Akira Yamaoka and Masahiro Ito, to ensure we’re keeping that unique Silent Hill feel intact.

ss_dda1388285d5679e3a7072521f4fa4109c3a49b3.jpg
ss_57866b438b476b70dd6fa91c46e6471b6b87b4f1.jpg

One of the new elements that you could spot in the reveal trailer is the adoption of an over-the-shoulder camera.
With that change we want to immerse players even deeper into the game, make them feel like they are a part of this unreal world, and deliver them a more visceral experience across the board.

aee724b0e69c6e1cdc0bc0e37aee3931ae219304.gif

With a new perspective, we’re rebuilding the combat system and certain set-pieces, among other things.
Now that you see basically what James can see, we could find new ways to keep the player on edge.

68b4932ac866a41239c0a847a6346759c0e7e325.gifv

The big leap in technology allows us to be even closer – at least in some aspects – to how Team Silent would have desired their game to be back in 2001.
Thanks to state-of-the-art motion capture sessions, we can deliver the best facial expressions in the series’ history and show a wide range of emotions even before a character speaks a single word.

9584aa6968adb62359cd8b2d4ceba579cbc81b79.gif

With the possibilities of the Unreal Engine 5, we’re bringing the foggy, sinister town to life in ways that were impossible up to this point.
The game will delight PlayStation 5 & PC players visually, auditorily, and sensorily.
Some of the Unreal Engine 5 features that really shine are Lumen and Nanite.
With them we’re raising the graphics to new, highly-detailed and realistic levels, while turning the game’s signature nerve-racking atmosphere to eleven.

One last great improvement I want to mention is the SSD storage technology. The superfast data streaming means players won’t see any loading screens as they seamlessly explore the entirety of the Silent Hill town.

ss_ff0541de92268dec576e3672a013b958de1b0158.jpg
ss_82b5afdef2d85b54e335fae6a520491965b2e567.jpg

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Let me guess.... soon to be announced for PS3, PS4 and Android Phones as well.

Seriously though.... I have zero faith in Konami to not royally fuck this up.

danklord

Gold Member
The perfect time to bring this game back, can't wait. Hope they're not just cash grabbing on the success of the Resident Evil remakes, I can see how one would be tempted to emulate their strategy.

anthony2690

Banned
Looked decent, this could be bloobers breakout game, shame they didn't show more gameplay/specifically combat, as I don't think bloober have made a game with combat before.

PS5 Exclusive for 12 months will upset many though.

I wonder if everyone has still written this game off due to bloober though, like in prior threads.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Blobber team... have they learned to code yet? The good thing is that they have 12 additional months for the PC version. I am sure it will require an RTX 6090 w DLSS5 on for 1080p 30 FPS.

Barakov

Gold Member
The trailer looked.....pretty good? Bloober team is involved and I haven't been interested in checking out any of their output. I'm just hoping they don't screw this up.

Top Bottom