• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake by Bloober Team reportedly in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
Notice: Information can't be confirmed

Leaker is the same who leaked Halo Infinite: Multiplayer earlier release.

diigp54fibz81.jpg

• Bloober Team working on Silent Hill 2 Remake. Reworked puzzles. New Endings.
  • Timed PlayStation Console Exclusive
  • Multiple Silent Hill projects in development; including new mainline entry & side "stories"

Last edited:
Bloober better be just giving it the Bluepoint treatment. Why didn't Sony lend Konami Bluepoint for this?
tweet.png

It makes sense now...

Last edited:
This has basically been 90% confirmed with the distribution deal Bloober signed with Sony. The problem is that clearly Konami just went with the cheapest team.

Silent Hill 2 is a damn masterpiece and now apparently we have to hope that they don't ruin this game.

Last edited:

decisions

I don't understand, did the original leak have that text in the photo or is this a DmC situation? I have not seen the leaked photo without the text.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
A remake of a masterpiece...a masterpiece product of its time and what nowadays some would call 'cultural appropriation...Yep...no gonna end well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean....it describes James lol.

True, but SH2 had incredible subtext. Not once in the game is it states outright that James is sexually frustrated, but you get all that from the subtext and realization that the town as he sees it, is being crafted around his psyche.

This is basically just throwing the bullet points on your face and cutting out any ambiguity and subtext.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
True, but SH2 had incredible subtext. Not once in the game is it states outright that James is sexually frustrated, but you get all that from the subtext and realization that the town as he sees it, is being crafted around his psyche.
I am not following...is that image fake right?

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Yes, my bad. I got this and the other image with the girl's face and the words on them confused.
Bloober doesn't have a good track record with subtlety.

and SH2 status goes beyond the game itself....hardcore fans are going to be pissed. I think, is going to be destroyed.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean they can't really fuck it up can they.
The Story and everything is already set.
As long a they stick faithfully to it, it might be their best work.
I'm being optimistic

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I'm being optimistic
Silent Hill 2 cult status is intrinsically connected with that specific game ( with everything around it) like voice actors, and technical limitations of the time (including gameplay). That, there is no way in hell a remake can satisfy hardcore fans. every change would be considered blasphemy and a carbon copy would expose its 'outdated' nature.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm being optimistic

May I point you to Resident Evil 3 Remake.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Silent Hill 2 cult status is intrinsically connected with that specific game ( with everything around it) like voice actors, and technical limitations of the time (including gameplay). That, there is no way in hell a remake can satisfy hardcore fans. every change would be considered blasphemy and a carbon copy would expose its 'outdated' nature.
You could say that about any Silent Hill.
Fog was due to a limitation in the original, but was a feature in SH2 which only the PS2 got right.
Improvements to combat can change things true just like RE2REMAKE, but balancing can counter that.
Graphically Bloober is very capable.
Voice acting can be a tricky one, they already rerecord it before, the acting was better but they lost the obscurity of the performance with some characters.
That's what was wrong before but it still can be done right.
They just need to remember that not everything was due to bad acting
But you are right about something, regardless who makes it there is no way in hell a remake can satisfy all hardcore fans.
Some will like it and some will right it off.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Litt le bit otn with "I'm so horny' isn't they? Jimes looks like a ps2cgi model too hahaha FAKE with a capital f lmfaoooo

(Am I doing it right?)

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
You could say that about any Silent Hill.
Not really. SH 2 is the special one.
Fog was due to a limitation in the original, but was a feature in SH2 which only the PS2 got right.
Sure.
Improvements to combat can change things true just like RE2REMAKE, but balancing can counter that.
Some would say that the Silent Hill 2 combat is deliberate. If you 'improve' it would be against Team Silent vision.

Graphically Bloober is very capable.
Sure.
Voice acting can be a tricky one, they already rerecord it before, the acting was better but they lost the obscurity of the performance with some characters.
And people got mad.

That's what was wrong before but it still can be done right.
They just need to remember that not everything was due to bad acting
I don't think they can replicate that kind of 'synergy' some people got attached to. (Between the eerie motion capture/facial animation and weird voice acting)
But you are right about something, regardless of who makes it there is no way in hell a remake can satisfy all hardcore fans.
Some will like it and some will right it off
Yep. Resident Evil remake worked because is a 'just a game', Silent Hill 2 is considered this transcendental psychological mind- fuckcery experience; a paragon of videogames as an art from.

sachos

Notice: Information can't be confirmed

Leaker is the same who leaked Halo Infinite: Multiplayer earlier release.

diigp54fibz81.jpg

• Bloober Team working on Silent Hill 2 Remake. Reworked puzzles. New Endings.
  • Timed PlayStation Console Exclusive
  • Multiple Silent Hill projects in development; including new mainline entry & side "stories"
Uuhh, for some reason this image does not look real to me, looks like a bad attempt at recreating the "paper cutout" effect of the earlier girl image.

Top Bottom