• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Ascension Cinematic Trailer

MiguelItUp

I wonder if they're just going to plop the SH2 Remake trailer the same way, I'm assuming so. Maybe today/tomorrow if those leaks are true?

Yeah... this trailer doesn't scream Silent Hill to me at all, lmao.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

I wonder if they're just going to plop the SH2 Remake trailer the same way, I'm assuming so. Maybe today/tomorrow if those leaks are true?

Yeah... this trailer doesn't scream Silent Hill to me at all, lmao.

I hope so for Silent Hill 2 trailer! Ascension it doesn't look like a real Silent Hill game made by japanese developers, and it's visible....

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Tired Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

SJRB

Gold Member

In this series, which will unfold simultaneously across the globe, those watching can help decide the fates of Ascension's main characters. This means that as the story plays out, the audience will have a say in who survives the surely horrific story, who will be redeemed or damned by their actions, and who will suffer the almost certainly ghastly consequences. According to Genvid Entertainment, not even the developers will know the results of the story until it unfolds.

6b8Y4mu.gif

As someone who thinks Silent Hill has been dead since The Room, I actually don't think this looks bad in a visual sense. It's a 'new' Silent Hill game that doesn't lean on the obligatory sexy nurses or Pyramid Head, and that's a good thing in my book. That said, I was confused what the gameplay was and after visiting the website, I'm even more confused. It's a streaming game?? Huh???

In SILENT HILL: Ascension ‎the actions of millions will determine the outcome. By the time the last scene streams, which characters have survived? Will those who are left be redeemed, damned, or suffer? Even the project’s creators do not know how SILENT HILL: Ascension ‎will end. Instead, the character’s fates are in the audience’s hands.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this the SMS one or another new SH game ?

Why do I have a feeling that Konami are going for another SH Collection / Downpour / Book of Memories debacle by announcing and releasing too many (mediocre) SH games in a similar window again.

Deft Beck

From what I understand, Silent Hill as a franchise is a very solitary and personal set of stories. How are you supposed to feel any agency or catharsis from this story if you are at the whim of a million other strangers?

Doom85

Calm Down Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

We already knew from the Silent Hill showcase this one wasn’t looking promising. The 2 Remake, Townfall, and F are the three that showed any level of promise.

Like, there should be no reason to be disappointed in the thing that we already knew looked disappointing.

HighPoly

Banned
I don't understand, if they announced Silent Hill 2, why they announced another Silent Hill ??
When will it launch??

From what I understand, Silent Hill as a franchise is a very solitary and personal set of stories. How are you supposed to feel any agency or catharsis from this story if you are at the whim of a million other strangers?
Probably more like a couple of hundreds, but yea... I get what you mean.

GrayChild

This looked like the worst of the bunch. And this trailer just cements that.

What's this supposed to be? Dead by Daylight, but with the trademark Supermassive style of "gameplay" and some monsters that vaguely resemble what TS did with SH1-3.

Fuck this...

Doom85

I don't understand, if they announced Silent Hill 2, why they announced another Silent Hill ??
When will it launch??

They announced several SH games at the showcase some months back.

SH 2 Remake
SH Townfall
SH F

Ascension was the fourth game announced, but was definitely considered the weakest of those announced. Like, I remembered the first three, but honestly I forgot Ascension was a thing until just now.

HighPoly

Banned
They announced several SH games at the showcase some months back.

SH 2 Remake
SH Townfall
SH F

Ascension was the fourth game announced, but was definitely considered the weakest of those announced. Like, I remembered the first three, but honestly I forgot Ascension was a thing until just now.
SH Townfall is a movie?

McGILLAZ

Capcom exists and is continually making money hand over fist with Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil - they're essentially giving players exactly what they want. Surely Konami sees this? Not sure how you can be so blind and essentially do the exact opposite?

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
You know they know it's going to be shit when they just shadow drop it like that (same reason I get the feeling the MGS3 remake is going to be garbage).

Last edited:
Top Bottom