• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: The Short Message rated in Korea (Gematsu)

tenor.gif

I hope we get a new Silent Hill were some badass commandos get trapped in Silent Hill then show the monsters whos boss! Then the plot would probably be about how they did something horrible in a war.

Last edited:
The game may not be in first person. This could just be concept art and not screenshots. Like that Kitchen demo Capcom made for RE7 in 2016.

I don't mind first person. It's tolerable. But I have had enough of it in recent years.

Wow.

I mean, doesn't all of this sound just a little too good to be true? :p

Wow.

I mean, doesn't all of this sound just a little too good to be true? :p

Literall best case scenario. Looks like they just didn’t out source some low budget bullshit short game to bloober or something. Its going to come back and be similar to the recent Resident Evil renaissance. Beyond excited that we are probably going to be getting a new game with modern graphics made by the original team.

Last edited:
Well, I cannot comment too much on Bloober Team, since I never played The Medium. But I hate horror games where they make you the player, feel like a weak pussy. However, I can understand a game with some or limited combat, but having none at all would make for a terribly boring and annoying gameplay experience in general. But I know that Bloober Team has much in the way of respect for Konami's franchise, so I'll judge their work once I see some footage of the alleged remake of the second title.

Of course, we all know companies copy each other. Me personally, I didn't like those two recent Resident Evil remakes that much, due to the butchered storylines and missing content. It let me down loads. So that they're supposedly basing their new company structuring on Capcom's games, that's a bit meh. Those games were plagued by linear gameplay too, and the way they changed the iconic characters was heartbreaking. Very little exploration as well, with eye candy graphics, and zombies that had a greater reach than is usual. Like imagine being in a place as expansive as Silent Hill, and every door you come to is locked, but it all looks the same, and every nurse does your nut in as well. That would be pointless.

That's a fair point, considering the utter shite that these one shot developers like Double Helix and Vatra Games developed.

The stories were good in those games to warrant the mood, but the gameplay was as meh AF. It was almost like having to sit through a mediocre direct to DVD sequel to a blockbuster in comparison to the theatrical releases. You will bare it, but just because you like the original to bits.

But yeah. You need the love and care to come back. Without that, you're gonna get played. Since these companies want money, and they know a new game hadn't been in the cards for a decade because of their gambling machine crap and other gadgets, they may think they can give their fans just any sloppy, strung together offering. We will definitely take it because it's something new.

You have to be wary of this kind of crafty thing. Half-assing when you are suffering hunger pains.

Good dog. Stay...

Nobody knows yet, Badlucktroll Badlucktroll . Although Dusk Golem posted a recent tweet, where he said he thinks that October would be the perfect month to have something revealed, per what he also labelled as his own speculation.

If they don't provide a PS5 showcase soon, it's a possibility to unveil a game of this caliber at the 2022 Game Awards ceremony, as that's the year's greatest highlight overall. This is something they've cleverly did so well in prior years, to really build up momentum. And they're not daft. They know Silent Hill fans are die hard lovers of the survival horror genre, who are eagerly awaiting genuine news regarding a new entry. Because well, I know we are! :D

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
That's a fair point, considering the utter shite that these one shot developers like Double Helix and Vatra Games developed.

The stories were good in those games to warrant the mood, but the gameplay was as meh AF. It was almost like having to sit through a mediocre direct to DVD sequel to a blockbuster in comparison to the theatrical releases. You will bare it, but just because you like the original to bits.

But yeah. You need the love and care to come back. Without that, you're gonna get played. Since these companies want money, and they know a new game hadn't been in the cards for a decade because of their gambling machine crap and other gadgets, they may think they can give their fans just any sloppy, strung together offering. We will definitely take it because it's something new.

You have to be wary of this kind of crafty thing. Half-assing when you are suffering hunger pains.

Good dog. Stay...

You know what, I played Homecoming and Downpour. They don't reach the greatness of the OG 4 games, but they were not as terrible as people like to make them out to be.

Anyway, if this is all true what the director is saying I'm very excited. His next SH movie sounds great too, really going into SH2 vibes there. Which makes sense as his previous SH movie took a lot from SH3. One of the best, if not the best videogame movie adaption out there, so I trust the guy.

Top Bottom