• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Since when we cannot post negative opinions in threads?

Velius

Banned
Place has slowly become an echo chamber.

Don't really blame the mods. They are banning very swiftly.

This thread is a perfect example of that. .... (52) Hellblade II: Senua's Saga - New Trailer | The Game Awards 2021 | NeoGAF
Echo chamber of what? Expelling threads that have a propensity to foster flame wars constitutes moderation and arguably censorship but it's not funneling ideology. You get moderated for trashing any of the three consoles. That's not an echo chamber. I'm not saying I agree with the moderation techniques but an echo chamber would be if you were only prohibited from bashing one console.

Riky

$MSFT
ripep9j9l.png

if you get offended by a simple opinion like this it’s your problem not mine.

I don’t care about console wars
xqTKRgZ.jpg

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
Okay I just read up on your posts, where you say that Horizon 2 looks better than this new Hellblade game.

I think you should be un-banned so you can make more dumbass posts and we can laugh at you.

I don't like Hellblade. I don't know what Hellblade is. I don't like the visual style of Hellblade. But you are either blind, or an absolutely indoctrinated fanboy if you believe anything holds a candle to those graphics, especially Hz2.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So you are an expert when it comes analyzing people based on 37 posts? 17 posts in the Hellblade thread because I got quoted a bunch of times. Most of them shitposts that I partly ignored otherwise I would have even more posts in the thread.
I don’t know, it’s a small sample size.

The posts do the talking.

Everything Sony related = positive slant.

Everything MS related = negative slant (not a single positive or neutral comment on MS).

Sony good:
I was actually hoping for a robo snake and there it is even better looking than I expected.
The meltdowns caused by TLOU are always on another level.
Of course it would have. The Last of Us is a juggernaut of an IP.
Same. Returnal is my GOTY but Im not too schocked it was not nominated cause its not quite the game the media would go for.
Ultra hard and very unconventional story. I honestly doubt a huge amount of journos even completed the game.

MS bad:
Phil Spencer is a known liar so I would take his statements with huge grain of salt

Why should I pull out numbers out of my ass?We dont have any numbers outside of peak subscription numbers microsoft choses to share and thats the whole point.
Im not sorry that Im not drinking the kool aid.

There’s a lot more from the Game Pass and Hellblade thread that I won’t quote, but you get the picture.

There’s nothing wrong with loving Sony, or with disliking MS.

But don’t purposely try to stir shit in Xbox threads when you clearly don’t like Xbox and then sit there pretending to be innocent and saying you’re getting harassed by trolls for a simple opinion. You are the one trolling.

The mods do a great job here, I’m sure you probably don’t know because you’ve only been posting for 3 seconds, but that’s ok.

Kssio_Aug

I wrote that I think that it’s a downgrade and that the graphics are not great since Horizon 2 looks better while being cross gen.

Nothing else.
Some people need to realize that they're not the smartest person alive and that mods are not stupid.

Of course that they notice most of regular users general behavior, just like everyone one else that come to this forum regularly.

I think people are rarely banned for a single post when it comes to console warring, but for the bunch of posts over time that clearly reveal the intentions behind these supposedly innocent criticisms and comparisons.

Last edited:
You can have strong opinions but you just have to word it right. Also, trolling is easy to spot no matter how sincere you try to sound. Post history will tell you the true intentions. The mods are fair here. I've had strong criticisms against sony, Nintendo and Microsoft but I haven't been banned once.... yet

Last edited:

Shmunter

Because any opinion should be substantiated, if it would be up to me, even a positive discourse should have been scrutinized more. Because what does it brings into table go into thread and wrote

"Damn boi, X company is on another level"
At the same time you can’t be qualifying each post with footnotes. It’s unrealistic to expect it.

I pride myself on a consistent philosophy on the gaming landscape throughout the years. I’ve substantiated my position clearly in the past, but still come out bruised for fluctuating that position between humour and sarcasm in posts. It really is a conundrum, disengage or be an in a perpetual state of autistic repetition.

I do feel moderation is becoming reactive and overly binary, yet i recognise it is the eventual evolution of a bigger workload. It is then unfortunate and inevitable the quality of a community declines when it grows beyond a certain threshold - less personable and intimate, faceless and homogeneous.

At some point we must all walk away when it no longer suits.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
First post is a troll. Of course it was going to be deleted. How about putting some more arguments, maybe it will be received better ?

Kokoloko85

Yeah its getting harder and harder to say anything even if its just an honest opinion.

In a thread with a bunch of people saying things like “ this is a gonna change the console generation” and this will change the console war tide etc “ and you say some slight criticism about the game they are circle jerking about and you’ll get a warning for console warring or ban lol

Ive realised in this forum you just gotta let a certain group rave when they can and don’t say anything towards them. But its totally cool to criticise the other groups and games….

Your allowed to say every game sony releases is a boring 3rd person cinematic walking simulator, but when the “competition” show ”gameplay” its the greatest thing ever!!!

Ps- please dont ban me lol

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
Saying it looks like PS4 game is a bit of a piss take, so you obviously trolling
It looks better then the first game clearly but nowhere near the first trailer they showed
Sadly some people actually believe it looks better and it's just lighting difference.
Just let them believe what they want to believe and move on.

rofif

Banned
I didn't knew the guy but that was quick...
Warnings and 2 week band are not a thing lately eh ?
ok ok, I better keep to myself. I like this forum too much to be banned :p

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ive realised in this forum you just gotta let a certain group rave when they can and don’t say anything towards them. But its totally cool to criticise the other groups and games….

Your allowed to say every game sony releases is a boring 3rd person cinematic walking simulator, but when the “competition” show ”gameplay” its the greatest thing ever!!!

This guy has just copped a ban for this comment:

Looks cool but probably the same janky sony gameplay
Whatever persecution complex you’ve got, it’s not real.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Am i the only one whos never got banned or even a warning? I feel like this isn't that difficult?

When I see someone say its getting hard to talk about whatever I am confused.

Dont get me wrong, I have had my criticisms about the mod work here but if anything I would say it has improved dramatically in a fashion I would deem good.

Yeah its getting harder and harder to say anything even if its just an honest opinion.

In a thread with a bunch of people saying things like “ this is a gonna change the console generation” and this will change the console war tide etc “ and you say some slight criticism about the game they are circle jerking about and you’ll get a warning for console warring or ban lol

Oh please. Horizon 2 thread is full of "best looking console game ever wow best next gen game ever". But green rats don't feel the need to go there and shitpost. Just let fans be happy about the games they're getting.

If you had just said it didn't look as good as you expected, that would have been fine but saying it looks like a ps4 game sounds like trolling to me. What was the point of adding that?

Bullshit. There is no bias. If you blatantly troll, you get banned.

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
I don’t know, it’s a small sample size.

The posts do the talking.

Everything Sony related = positive slant.

Everything MS related = negative slant (not a single positive or neutral comment on MS).

Sony good:

MS bad:

There’s a lot more from the Game Pass and Hellblade thread that I won’t quote, but you get the picture.

There’s nothing wrong with loving Sony, or with disliking MS.

But don’t purposely try to stir shit in Xbox threads when you clearly don’t like Xbox and then sit there pretending to be innocent and saying you’re getting harassed by trolls for a simple opinion. You are the one trolling.

The mods do a great job here, I’m sure you probably don’t know because you’ve only been posting for 3 seconds, but that’s ok.
You make it seems that Im going around deliberately being negative about certain topics when thats not the case at all. Im just reacting to the threads that pop up on the front page. There are a lot of games which I was not positive at all like the reveal of Alan Wake 2. Lets also take the Hellblade gameplay thread for example. What else is there to talk about besides the graphics? If people started talking about the gameplay the thread would have been a lot more negative in tone. As far as Im concerned I was quite lenient in the graphics talk.

But since you are in favour of having nobody "stir shit", I will assume you will never post anything negative about Sony in any of their threads, right?

Mr Moose

I didn't knew the guy but that was quick...
Warnings and 2 week band are not a thing lately eh ?
ok ok, I better keep to myself. I like this forum too much to be banned :p
He originally got a two week ban but mods found other posts afterwards so it was changed to a perma.
If someone is going to go down like this, they should at least make it funny whilst doing so :messenger_weary:

Banjo64

cumsessed
You make it seems that Im going around deliberately being negative about certain topics when thats not the case at all. Im just reacting to the threads that pop up on the front page. There are a lot of games which I was not positive at all like the reveal of Alan Wake 2. Lets also take the Hellblade gameplay thread for example. What else is there to talk about besides the graphics? If people started talking about the gameplay the thread would have been a lot more negative in tone. As far as Im concerned I was quite lenient in the graphics talk.

But since you are in favour of having nobody "stir shit", I will assume you will never post anything negative about Sony in any of their threads, right?
:messenger_tears_of_joy: But the graphics objectively are good. Whether you think they stack up to an in-engine trailer or not.

I post negative opinions and positive opinions of all three platform holders where I think it’s warranted, as I own all 3 and like the first party games from all 3.

I don’t go in to threads to blatantly shit post.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

There are several flavors of saying the same thing, cooked at different temperatures.

*goes into OT or trailer hype thread and says game looks shit, leaves, and doesn't reply* - This is piping hot, jalapeño. This will get the banned milk of neutralization poured all over you.

*goes into a thread about another game, says game A is a lot better looking than game B, which is shit, despite thread being about Game A* -This is like ghost pepper. The first couple of bites are okay, but then you wish you were dead, and the mods will help you with that.

*goes into criticism about game B thread and criticizes* -This is more akin to Wintergreen. A cool, relaxing flavor. It only becomes overpowering if you shove too many in your mouth at one time. I.e. make your posting career shitposting about one game.

*delivers well thought out, non-incendiary arguments, while respecting other people's tastes and opinions, debating to learn. Disagreeing with the argument and not the person making it, regardless of the thread* - This is like velvety cake. So rich, so smooth. No one will ban you, they'll invite you everywhere in the hope of getting more of that decadence.

*Kretos account suicide* -This is like chewing on a grenade sans pin. It's a mess, it's sad, it's triggering to your compatriots, and it tastes of lead and rust, for however briefly, until it fades into the deep black.

Hope this helps.

Kokoloko85

Oh please. Horizon 2 thread is full of "best looking console game ever wow best next gen game ever". But green rats don't feel the need to go there and shitpost. Just let fans be happy about the games they're getting.

People complain in all threads and topics, its totally fine to criticise horizon 2 ( which it does ) and its fine to be happy about games too.

Its also a forum so it should be a place to complain and criticise also. If a person says something about a game they dont like the look of they shouldnt get banned or told they are console warring. I wouldn’t call Horizon 2 the best looking game either.

How to spot a blind fanboy - "Console A fans never do any of the stuff Console B fans do".

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
:messenger_tears_of_joy: But the graphics objectively are good. Whether you think they stack up to an in-engine trailer or not.
And I never said they were bad. Just not on the level of the reveal trailer and not next gen. Most people even recognized the downgrade in said thread.

I post negative opinions and positive opinions of all three platform holders where I think it’s warranted, as I own all 3 and like the first party games from all 3.

So you get the benefit of the doubt and are allowed to being "negative" but others are blatantly shitposting?

Kokoloko85

If you had just said it didn't look as good as you expected, that would have been fine but saying it looks like a ps4 game sounds like trolling to me. What was the point of adding that?

Bullshit. There is no bias. If you blatantly troll, you get banned.

No Ive made a comment about something I dont like the look of and got told I was starting a console war.
Ive said the same thing about the latest Metroid game or even SMT5 looking like ass but because Im a Nintendo fan its not counted as console warring

Banjo64

cumsessed
And I never said they were bad. Just not on the level of the reveal trailer and not next gen. Most people even recognized the downgrade in said thread.

So you get the benefit of the doubt and are allowed to being "negative" but others are blatantly shitposting?
See below:

There are several flavors of saying the same thing, cooked at different temperatures.

*goes into OT or trailer hype thread and says game looks shit, leaves, and doesn't reply* - This is piping hot, jalapeño. This will get the banned milk of neutralization poured all over you.

*goes into a thread about another game, says game A is a lot better looking than game B, which is shit, despite thread being about Game A* -This is like ghost pepper. The first couple of bites are okay, but then you wish you were dead, and the mods will help you with that.

*goes into criticism about game B thread and criticizes* -This is more akin to Wintergreen. A cool, relaxing flavor. It only becomes overpowering if you shove too many in your mouth at one time. I.e. make your posting career shitposting about one game.

*delivers well thought out, non-incendiary arguments, while respecting other people's tastes and opinions, debating to learn. Disagreeing with the argument and not the person making it, regardless of the thread* - This is like velvety cake. So rich, so smooth. No one will ban you, they'll invite you everywhere in the hope of getting more of that decadence.

*Kretos account suicide* -This is like chewing on a grenade sans pin. It's a mess, it's sad, it's triggering to your compatriots, and it tastes of lead and rust, for however briefly, until it fades into the deep black.

Hope this helps.

Kokoloko85

Hope this helps.

I totally get that. I still see sneaky remarks all the time though lol

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I totally get that. I still see sneaky remarks all the time though lol

I mean, the user base and the mods are both human. There's going to be some uneven calls here and there from both sides, but overall, people saying this place is totalitarian and biased need to seriously spend a day browsing Era to learn how well the mods here perform.

I've been a lurker for many years before I became a member, and I've seen a lot of the old regime pass hands to the new, and I have no analytics, but if we judge quality solely on how much fun I've had, these past six months have been the tightest I've seen this ship.

Yeah, console warring is largely harmless. That's not the point of moderating it. It's not to prevent anyone's precious feelings from being hurt. The majority of us are well into adulthood. It's moderated because it's fucking annoying as hell, and the tangential dick waving offshoot conversations make people who actually want to discuss the game and the industry tap out.

yugoluke

I am pretty sure they just want to elevate the level of discussion.

If you criticize, do so constructively.

Don't like something? Explain your thinking.

What exactly did you not like about it?

What are your thought on how it could be improved?

What do you think were the dynamics internally that led to that decision being made?

Framing your criticisms this way is substantially more interesting and actually thought provoking. When you are hyperbolic with your language it just clogs the feed with boring, uninspired, and purposely contentious noise.

We need less noise.

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
See below:
And? How is that relevant to me? I did not drive by shit post, I did not make a comparison to a different game and Im not a mainstay in Hellblade threads or planning to either but even so I got removed from the thread (long after I was already done posting) simply because people got angry about my opinion.

The replies I got were downright childish and dumb yet those were A-okay.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

To me Hellblade looks mostly great. And some true next gen feels and looks. Looks like a true next gen game.

Yeah I can say some of the animations dont look totally amazing but its all good. I wasnt a fan of the first game but Ninja theory all together make great combat and gameplay so will be interested what they can do with Hellblade 2, hopefully different to the first

What I find funny is for the last 6 years getting told by Nintendo and Xbox fans how Playstation make boring walking simulators and its not real games and so on. And how naughty dog has pacing issues etc.
Then Hellbalde 2 is shown people celebrating literally what a Naughty Dog and the latest God War game look like

Banjo64

cumsessed
And? How is that relevant to me? I did not drive by shit post, I did not make a comparison to a different game and Im not a mainstay in Hellblade threads or planning to either but even so I got removed from the thread (long after I was already done posting) simply because people got angry about my opinion.

The replies I got were downright childish and dumb yet those were A-okay.
I’d guess you got thread banned for low level posts like this;

I disagree. This looked maybe on par with the better looking last gen games and with close to zero gameplay interaction at that.

Maybe if they show more (actual impressive) stuff I will change my mind but as is I was not impressed.
What look next gen about it?
Character models? No. Geometry? No. Effects like the fire? No. Physics? No advanced physics on display.

You keep doing you though, I'm just telling you that you’re being obvious and the mods will probably see that too.

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
I’d guess you got thread banned for low level posts like this;

You keep doing you though, I'm just telling you that you’re being obvious and the mods will probably see that too.
Those posts are extremly high level compared to the replies I got. Since you are so hot on quoting, why dont you post some of them?

They ranged from you are blind to some meme tier bullshit like "I dont believe your / nobody believes you / you need more people" which legit confused me cause it made literally no fucking sense.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
To me Hellblade looks mostly great. And some true next gen feels and looks. Looks like a true next gen game.

Yeah I can say some of the animations dont look totally amazing but its all good. I wasnt a fan of the first game but Ninja theory all together make great combat and gameplay so will be interested what they can do with Hellblade 2, hopefully different to the first

What I find funny is for the last 6 years getting told by Nintendo and Xbox fans how Playstation make boring walking simulators and its not real games and so on. And how naughty dog has pacing issues etc.
Then Hellbalde 2 is shown people celebrating literally what a Naughty Dog and the latest God War game look like
You are grouping people together though, with a broad stroke. Call people out directly if they are loving Hellblade 2 but have slagged off ND games in the past etc.

I’m sure people know that I like Xbox, but I like PlayStation too and I’ve platinumed U1-3 and TLOU/TLOU Remastered. You won’t see me complaining about ‘walking simulators’ (unless I’m being sarcastic). I like most type of games, as long as they’re good.

Those posts are extremly high level compared to the the replies I got. Since you are so hot on quoting, why dont you post some of them?

Ok mate (y)

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Fuck you they're delicious and packed full of goodness! I can't eat them anymore unfortunately because they turn my arsehole into a singing twenty second, warning explosive diarrhea tap.

Happy Good Vibes GIF by Lisa Vertudaches
Geez bro, maybe you should go see a doctor about it? I don't think your anus should be doing that.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

You are grouping people together though, with a broad stroke. Call people out directly if they are loving Hellblade 2 but have slagged off ND games in the past etc.

I’m sure people know that I like Xbox, but I like PlayStation too and I’ve platinumed U1-3 and TLOU/TLOU Remastered. You won’t see me complaining about ‘walking simulators’ (unless I’m being sarcastic). I like most type of games, as long as they’re good.

Ok mate (y)

Good point.
Ill keep that in mind, I’ll need to make a list

ps I love a good walking simulator haha

Top Bottom