• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Single game? Or multiple? How do you swing?

Do you play one or multiple games?

• I bite a single game and refuse to let go until I've beaten it.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • Single game, but will drop it the second I suspect a burn-out.

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Single game, but will replace it with another one that catches my eye.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Play 1-3 games until I've beaten them. One may get more love than the rest.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I'm a total slut and play different games on the fly. No schedule. No rules.

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • You need to get laid and stop posting those stupid polls.

Votes: 8 6.1%

• Total voters

drganon

If I'm really into something ,that'll be the only thing I play. That being said, If I'm liking a game but something comes out that intrigues me, I'll put it on the back burner so to speak and play that instead.

Only problem is I've done that a couple of times and I've now got a small backlog of games I like but haven't finished.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Typically I play one game at a time, but with Quick Resume, I've found myself hopping to another game, when before I'd probably just turn the console off. It's much more inviting when you can get there in 10-15 seconds.

teezzy

Banned
Right now I'm playing lots of Tekken 7/Street Fighter 5
Then Golden Sun on my Wii
Then whatever the Discord Boyz wanna play

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It all depends honestly. If it's an incredibly engaging single player game, then I may just play that single player game. However, I can still play a multiplayer game on the side. Or multiple multiplayer games around the same time.

Nico_D

I usually have 1-3 games goinng on. One is something I mainly play, story-oriented, rpg, action...

One is usually some type of infinite game like a building game or rhythm game or something.

And the third one is something short or light or something you can play occassionally if I don't feel like playing my main game. At the moment it is Puddle Knights.

TimeShinigami

Neo Member
I try to stick to one at a time, but somehow right now i find myself playing Octopath Traveller, FFX-2, and Bloodstained all at the same time.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Me gaming
Dream Cookies GIF by Malcolm France

aclar00

I mainly stick to one game until i beat it, however, if i does feel like a chore and im not enjoying ot as much as i expected, then i will move on.

It also van take me a month to about 3 months or more to beat a traditional single player game. Not too much multipler lately.

Griffon

When I can I try to do two games in different genres. Usually a story based game and another more arcade/multiplayer type of game.

But then I forget about the least interesting one and focus on the remaining game because that one is that much better. It's often the story game that loses out (not always tho).

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I just play whatever the fuck I feel like, whenever.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
If it's a game I'm really into, I'd play it til I finish it. Maybe possibly I'd play another just to break routine.

Otherwise I just keep switching between many games.

Vagswarm

I mostly play one game at a time and try to beat it before launching another, but not in a way that I'm rushing through it just to complete it and take "another off the list". I was doing that for a while, but it didn't feel like I was having any actual fun. I also tried playing multiple games at once but I always end up playing way too many and can't decide which one to continue with.

The hardest part is deciding which one to go with, until you realize they're not going anywhere. Once you get settled in (unless it's not enjoyable), it's pretty easy to just stick with it.

Usually 1 at a time played until completion, 2 at the most (recently was alternating between Returnal and RE Village for example), I don't understand the ADD style of gaming jumping between a bunch of games and not finishing any of them.

I'll know within the first hour if the game is for me and worth continuing, sometimes even with the first 15 mins and if it's not clicking I immediately move on. Backlog is big due to constantly buying things on sale that I *will* eventually play as well as free PS+ offerings.

Belmonte

I play many games at the same time but there are rules:

* Not from the same franchise.

* Different genres. When it is not, it needs to be from different generations or with very different settings/mechanics.

I like many types of genres and I play very lengthy RPGs. It would be insane to not play Ghost n Goblins because I didn't finish Xenoblade yet. I would fear starting a new RPG if it was the case.

Seems to me it is the best approach because I'm always in the mood to play the game I'm currently playing.

The cons is that I need a lot of time to finish the games. But I complete almost every one of them.

Last edited:
Used to be one game at a time until finished, now a total slut. I tried and played 7 games this week between a couple new Gamepass games, the couple that I'm currently playing through, a brief fling with Forza Horizon 4, and a couple multiplayer games for something quick......

Top Bottom