• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Site Update - User Generated Giveaways

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Not to make a big deal of it, but it's obvious the randomness of the giveaway system is broken. A simple solution to share the fun during big giveaways would be to limit the amount games a user can win in a 24 or 48 hour period. So you can get a game a day still and more people can win.

BigBooper

Not to make a big deal of it, but it's obvious the randomness of the giveaway system is broken. A simple solution to share the fun during big giveaways would be to limit the amount games a user can win in a 24 or 48 hour period. So you can get a game a day still and more people can win.
Other than the random function code, I suspect it's a problem with when the contest ends. It seems like if several giveaways end within the same minute or two, it is much more likely to give multiple prizes to one person.

Maybe EviLore EviLore can look into it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I said it months ago, tbh.

But I don't believe in RNGs.

bender

What time is it?
I won Nex Machina, yay! But it says it is from Reliques who doesn't appear to be a user here?

Fuz

Banned
Thank you for Regular Human Basketball and Youropa, IFireflyl IFireflyl - although Yourupa's key was already used.
2Rce3.gif

Top Bottom