• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skill Ups GOTY list

ToTTenTranz

Banned
He was happy yellow chairing and building hype until the backlash...

Anyone can open the timestamped video I put in my post where he says "people who've been longing for this game for years will like it anyway, but for everyone else I recommend waiting until it's polished".

Plus, he reviewed the game on a PC with a high-end Geforce RTX GPU. That's about the best possible experience to have on CP2077, and many people with that kind of hardware have found the game to be pretty enjoyable on release. There's no shortage of gaf users on that situation.

Great Hair

Banned
I love Skill Up and I follow his opinions on every game I'm interested in, but I can't help feeling there's a somewhat anti-mainstream sentiment especially in his top 5. Though that could be just what he prefers and that's fine.

No, he told people to wait for updates.

Timestamped:

If I remember correctly, he is one of the few if only, popular YouTube content creators that called out CDProjeck Red’s restriction on showing a reviewer's own gameplay in the review (requiring stock footage be used) and called out that only the PC version was made available to reviewers in advance of release.

Personally his style, humour, ability to write his content to the game vs a structured approach is why I like his stuff. There is a little bit of allowing the topic du jour to feed in but it’s his content, and in some cases adds to it. He gained a lot of notoriety with his EA Skinner box video years ago. And as an added plus, I’m pretty sure the other gaming forum bans discussing his content. It’s great to see him continue to succeed.

His 5h impression video, the body language, the mumbling parts ... he tried hard to sell an unfinished game. Claimed he played it locally with his brother, while CDPR was watching over them, on a 2080ti@1080p@70fps with RT, cpu unknown.

But
other outlets tested the game thru nvidia geforce now service? Wa¿ Pretty sure his footage consist of mostly b roll material [that climb up wall stealth attack is not in the game, right?]. Shillup and anal pearce got invited to an e3 beta, watched new footage 5 months before release. Tried to sell it.

I can not find any other outlet talking about said e3 june 2020 beta invitiation, impression. No other youtuber has an impression video. Where are those outlets previews, who played it via gforce now.

Is Halo in his top 10 list because everything this year was shit or because it's good? Last time I checked Halo 3 from 2007 shits all over this new one.

isoRhythm

Banned
If there is one game I dont get the love for is Outer Wilds. The hyperboles regarding this game is nuts and I can be a pretty neutral dude, but holy fuck, saying the game gives you some magical awesome emotional crying experience or whatever is just nuts to me. I played and finished the original and only found it okay. The ending did nothing for me, the mystery reveal nothing. It was interesting and unique but nothing to make me emotional or cry like some steam reviews mentioned.
I have to agree... I love the game and will replay it soon but the people acting like it's the cure to cancer sound pretty dumb.

Top Bottom