• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Skillup] The Best Games (and other stuff) of 2022

Very good end of the year video.

Best Games of The Year

• Nobody Saves The World
  • Dome Keeper
  • Marvel Snap
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Scorn
  • Rollerdrome
  • Olli Olli World
  • Elden Ring
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Vampire Survivor
Other notable gaming related highlights

• Kojima’s Brain Structure Podcast
  • Cyberpunk Edgerunners
  • Valves Steamdeck
  • Arcane
  • Print Gaming Magazines
  • Callisto Protocol: Helix Station Podcast

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Animated GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Nobody Saves the World is definitely good. I think I'm about 70% done with it, and put it on pause for a bit. The OST is on streaming services also, and it's good.

Olliolli world is fantastic. Don’t sleep on that. I just bought it on sale on PSN. I enjoyed the first two games though so am a bit biased.

They have totally nailed the 2D side scrolling skater.

Roll 7 is on a ….Roll this year.

I loved both Olli Olli world and Rollerdrome. I tried to go for the platinum for the former and had to throw in the towel though. That game is deceptively challenging. Like, Gran Turismo 7 gold license test challening

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Roll 7 is on a ….Roll this year.

I loved both Olli Olli world and Rollerdrome. I tried to go for the platinum for the former and had to throw in the towel though. That game is deceptively challenging. Like, Gran Turismo 7 gold license test challening
I need to get around to rollerdrome.

Olliolli world platinum percentage is something stupid like 0.4%. I don’t have high hopes for my old ass reflexes 😂. GT7 S licenses are full perfect laps 🥵

Mossybrew

I bought it specifically because of SkillUp's recommendation and I absolutely hated it.

I enjoy his videos - honestly he's one of the only game review youtubers I watch - but I've learned we have different tastes on a lot of things and would never buy something just because he recommends it. Like some of the retro-garbage looking indies he has in this video.

ungalo

I wouldn't go to call him a shill.

SkillUp is very good at explaining his opinions and he's really good at making long videos. It's just that his opinions are so utterly boring and uninspired.
Honestly the more i watch his videos, the more i found some of his opinions not so much uninspired but rather completely dumb.

Like this video, where he's saying that the Cyberpunk Netflix serie explores all the cyberpunk themes deeper than the game. Like you have to be on crack to say something like this or straight up not having played the game, to me it sounds like a very superficial narrative. I didn't get why he found the Sonic films and the other video games shows so "amazing". So as for the "shill" thing i don't know but i am wary of those who tend to be as demonstrative.

Last edited:
Honestly the more i watch his videos, the more i found some of his opinions not so much uninspired but rather completely dumb.

Like this video, where he's saying that the Cyberpunk Netflix serie explores all the cyberpunk themes deeper than the game. Like you have to be on crack to say something like this or straight up not having played the game, to me it sounds like a very superficial narrative. I didn't get why he found the Sonic films and the other video games shows so "amazing". So as for the "shill" thing i don't know but i am wary of those who tend to be as demonstrative.

Eh, i agree with him. Theres obviously more plot and lore in the game but its not presented in a very immersive and enthralling way like the anime was. Its no wonder the sales for the game skyrocketed again after the anime blew up.

I went back and played it and even felt like it just didn’t have the same magic. The anime actually feels very dystopian cyberpunk-ish while the game feels a little too clean and safe, its like they can’t really convey the how batshit insane Night City is supposed to feel due to limitations of resources, engine, talent, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom