• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull and Bones Closed Beta Available from December 15th to December 18th

Just received an invitation for Skull and Bones closed beta that's happening this weekend lol.

Seems it will be available on all platforms (PS5, XBS and PC). Not really sure if I'm going to participate in it though. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

image.png

Salz01

The last trailer made it look decent. I kind of want to try it out at least before buying the full game.

drotahorror

Last time I tried this I was gathering random materials in the water to upgrade my ship and quit before I could find everything. Hopefully they axed that part or streamlined it cuz that shit was BORING. I had a bit of hopes for this game too.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
If anyone gets a beta key, but isn't going to play it, please PM it to me. I'm actually interested in trying this out.
I have a key for PS5 if you would like to try it? I don’t think I’ll be checking this out even though I loved black flag back in the day. I think this could be good but the constant delays doesn’t inspire confidence.

Kurotri

Reviving this thread because I got an invite but I don't want to check it out. Does anyone wanna have a PS5 code?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not that this really matters...but the boats move around like RC motorboats. They look like they all have 1,000hp motors and they weigh 1,000lbs. Sea of Thieves sailing is way more realistic looking.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seems very Black Flag to me, I can see people are not seeing it but that exactly how it feels and looks to me

nowhat

Just watched this, seems like a fair assessment:

Personally, it seems both better and worse than I expected. Better, because it doesn't seem to be as much as a trainwreck as I thought, at least on a technological level. Worse, because - seriously, no melee or boarding ships by yourself? WTF? And also seems lacking when it comes to meaningful activities, but again, that's just from my POV.

Is this supposed to be F2P? If not, this will sink fast and hard.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I just played it. Predictably, it is horrible. Annoying, slow, boring ship combat, and character models straight out of 2012. It just feels ancient and pointless and infested with live service garbage.

Is there some reason why western devs don't want me to play as a sexy wench with big jugs? Why is everyone so fucking hideous?

And fuck your 'body A' and 'body B' bullshit.

Awful.

1. An extremely boring game.
  2. You cant board ships. So, no sword fighting
  3. Only naval combat which consists of spamming a button to fire cannons. I hope there is more to do than that but thats all I saw
  4. You can land on beach and walk around but there is barely anything to do...
  5. Graphics look dated and rough

Sleepwalker

I played it, it wasn't THAT bad but you cannot ignore sword combat and big ass brawls in a pirate game. Huge missed opportunity...

EDMIX

I cannot believe over 5, FIVE!, Ubisoft studios worked on this game.

I mean, its not unusual for many studios to work on a project. I'd argue its rare that 1 studio does 100% of a AAA game in the first place.

They might have teams that assist with engine stuff, networking, design etc.

If anything, don't get caught up in hearing us say "Naughty Dog" or "Rockstar" Literally look at the credits and you'll see a list of many, many studios that assist, even in 3rd party games, you'll see Sony have some of their teams assisting other studios, they do that often in Japan and sometimes in the west.

Like Sony Santa Monica working on The Order 1886 with Ready At Dawn or Sony Bend assisting in The Last Of Us 1 remake or Sony Japan Studio assisting in a lot of the MGS titles.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I mean, its not unusual for many studios to work on a project. I'd argue its rare that 1 studio does 100% of a AAA game in the first place.

They might have teams that assist with engine stuff, networking, design etc.

If anything, don't get caught up in hearing us say "Naughty Dog" or "Rockstar" Literally look at the credits and you'll see a list of many, many studios that assist, even in 3rd party games, you'll see Sony have some of their teams assisting other studios, they do that often in Japan and sometimes in the west.

Like Sony Santa Monica working on The Order 1886 with Ready At Dawn or Sony Bend assisting in The Last Of Us 1 remake or Sony Japan Studio assisting in a lot of the MGS titles.

I understand wholeheartedly. Thanks for clarification.

Top Bottom