• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sledgehammer’s Uncharted-Inspired 3rd Person Call Of Duty Game Promised A “Brutal War Experience”

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
call-of-duty-leak.jpg

Sledgehammer was once working on an Uncharted-inspired third-person Call of Duty game, which promised a “brutal war experience”.

Speaking in an interview, former Sledgehammer Games Senior Creative Director, Bret Robbins, revealed that the studio had once been working on a third-person Call of Duty title that was inspired by Naughty Dog’s Uncharted series. He added that this was the very first Call of Duty project that Sledgehammer Games had been working on.

uncharted-4-easter-egg-new.jpg

Robbins mentioned that the development team had made a prototype for the project, and that he thought it was fun. He hoped that it would get revisited some day, so that the game could be made. According to him, the idea behind the game was to have a gritty, brutal, third-person war experience. However, the studio didn’t go far with the project. It didn’t even go so far as to map out what the whole game was going to be. It was ultimately an experiment that was scrapped, as the development team was moved to work on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ah ‘Uncharted inspired’ - surely a sublime light hearted fantasy adventure with comedic tones like Indiana Jones… ‘a brutal war experience’….

R.3c6d6db37a19535ff9bfae0c81604514

mortal

Gold Member
That's too bad. This sounds like it could've been an intriguing take on COD.
Sounds like something Sony might've done had they owned the COD IP rather than Microsoft.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
FUCKKKKKKKKKK!

A brutal, visceral, graphic, intense war game that captures the REALITY of War is basically my dream game. Third person, story driven, large scale battles. Something I've been thinking about for years.

Of course it was cancelled.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Need more 3rd person military shooters
Honestly? We don't have many anymore. At least ones that are active and thriving.

Ghost Recon is dead
SOCOM is dead
The Division is dead
Gears of War is military/fantasy based
Sniper Elite is AA

We could use another this gen. But more story based, capturing the hells of war, large scale battles. Sounds like this could have been that

Last edited:

ungalo

There is a reason why certain series are dead and i'm not talking about quality. If they were to return they would be made a travesty of what they were.

That's not what Call of Duty is but I guess it was the era of misguided spin-offs and sequels. Some devs were paying too much attention to journalists and journalists had a stick up their ass.

FUCKKKKKKKKKK!

A brutal, visceral, graphic, intense war game that captures the REALITY of War is basically my dream game. Third person, story driven, large scale battles. Something I've been thinking about for years.

how can any brutal, visceral, graphic, intense war game that allows the player to repeatedly return from the dead possibly capture the reality of war?...

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
that would of been epic, uncharted games are really good and I like the gameplay of them. getting a cod game like that would of been good

Arun1910

FUCKKKKKKKKKK!

Battlefield 1 ticks that box for me. Audio design and graphics still hold up due to them using photogrammetry

Top Bottom