• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrayzeeCarl said:
You don't think it seems a bit convenient that a game fairly similar to GoW3 (you know it is) releases one month before? Honestly, DI looks pretty good, so I'll probably buy both, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's meant to compete with GoW3.
my problem is in people who have played neither being magically sure that one is good and one is crap.

clone or not Dante's Inferno could still kick ass. both look equally as ground breaking (ie not really that ground breaking at all). what does either game add to the original GoW blueprint?

Imagine when they show the Slim it looks close enough to cakefoo's mock-up that they just put up that pic that's been floating around. No words would explain the laughter that would come.

I wonder what they'll start off the conference with. Kaz should just get straight to the point. Pull out the ps3 slim from his jacket, say "This is it mofos. $299. Get it next week".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
CrayzeeCarl said:
Anyone want to speculate why Kmart is no longer advertising the slim on the front page? The listing is still there though.

I'd guess SCEA told them to STFU. Probably not coincidence it went down around 9am SCEA time i.e. when SCEA people got to work and saw the k-mart leakiness.

Raist

Banned
H_Prestige said:
I wonder what they'll start off the conference with. Kaz should just get straight to the point. Pull out the ps3 slim from his jacket, say "This is it mofos. $299. Get it next week".

Just ask Tobor

Tobor

Raist said:
Kaz?

kaz2.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
chubigans said:
Thread title vote:

Sony GamesCom Press Conference Thread

I'm sure the title will get edited eventually depending on the outcome of the conference and reactions in the thread anyway.

Erebus

Stumpokapow said:
The Official Neogaf Slim Sony GamesCom 2009 Press Conference of No More Lies, Sales Charts, and Slimosity!

Now featuring a 3-post OP.
Yeah, I expect something along those lines.:lol

K-Mart slim listing says it releases on 8/24, but when you actually add it to your cart it says it releases on 8/30 and will arrive on 8/31 or 9/1.

2cia69d.png

Tideas said:
VATS for Britain is 15% isn't it? And oops, my calculation si wrong. I should have compared apple to apple, so pretax to pretax, or post-tax to post-tax.

So $362 to $300. So about, £36

Anyway, all those comparison about prices between different countries are stupid. Because you always only convert charges and never...incomes !

When a guy that earn 2000$/month have to pay 399$ to buy a PS3, this is exactly the same than a guy that earn 2000€/month and that have to pay 399€ to buy a PS3.

I always read "OOUCH !!! 399€, it is very expensive, it is more than 560$ !!! We are screwed, us poor european..."
But, strangely enough, I never read : "WOW !!! I earn 2000€/month, it is more than 2800$/month, maybe I'm not THAT screwed after all..."

What I mean is that until someone make a serious post about the average incomes in different countries, it makes no sense to compare hardware prices by converting them to another currency. No sense at all.

Raist

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
K-Mart slim listing says it releases on 8/24, but when you actually add it to your cart it says it releases on 8/30 and will arrive on 8/31 or 9/1.

2cia69d.png

First shipment sold out confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom