• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Lead Designer: ‘We Would Love to Come Back to That World’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ended with that cliffhanger of an ending, fans of the series didn’t expect for the series to go AWOL, leaving our favorite Thief stuck in the Egyptian era.

After having his film canceled and the TV show series hasn’t been talked about in quiet some time now. It seems all hope is lost for Sly and his gang. Son when Sanzaru Games’ Mat Kraemer joined Greg Miller’s Kinda Funny Games Daily show, Mr. Miller had to ask why the team who worked on the fourth (and final?!) Sly Cooper had ‘forsaken’ Sly to Ancient Egypt!

Mat Kraemer: We love Sly. I’ll tell you a tidbit of information. The original first episode of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was suppose to be Egypt in Sly Tutankhamen and Egypt was going to be a DLC episode. That was the intention and we never got to finish that out. I do [and the team] at Sanzaru have the story and the whole episode done on paper form.

We would love to come back to that world. I hate leaving him there and it’s the question we get the most. So all I can is that if you guys want more Sly Cooper let Sony know. We are always ready to dig into that and it was a great franchise to work on. It was a great project.

TaroYamada

Sly 2 ranks as one of the best 3D platformers ever made for me.

I'd take it over almost any other 3D platformer from its generation.

Would love to see the IP taken seriously by Sony as I feel it's their strongest platformer.

Vawn

Banned
We don't need any more Sly Cooper. Ghosts of Tsushima or even more inFamous, but not Sly.

Quasicat

After I had a power supply issue that killed my PS3 slim, I wish I could replay the Sly Cooper games among others. Hopefully, the PS5 has the ability to play PS3 titles so I can play through them again.

Man, I miss Sly Cooper and platform titles like that...I'd really love to see this series revisited...or possibly rebooted, if necessary.

---

Plus, if the whole 9.2 TF rumor for the PS5 proves true, then Sly Cooper's low poly art style will lend itself well to the lower power of the PS5

/s
/kinda
/I mean, if Sony *does* go with a weaker console, this would be a great title to bring as long as the art style stays intact.
/but mostly s

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Coordinate with Sony to bring out an animated flick and release a remake/remaster at the same time. Worked out quite well for the R&C series.

Fox Mulder

Sony is brutal with their back catalog. Stuff gets left behind or just buried. Putting the ps3 collection on ps4 probably wouldn’t have been that hard.

Top Bottom