• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smaller Silent Hill title by Annapurna Interactive (episodic short stories) is reportedly in development

Draugoth

Gold Member
VGC sources: Konami is planning 3 Silent Hill titles

• Silent Hill 2 Remake developed by Bloober Team
  • Smaller Silent Hill title by Annapurna Interactive (episodic short stories)
  • New mainline Silent Hill game
The article mentions that these titles were planned to be revealed last year, but Konami had a change of plans around E3 2021 Also, "those" screenshots you might have seen floating around are apparently part of a P.T.-style digital teaser game

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

developed by Bloober Team
The Child D GIF by Disney+

KXVXII9X

I'm actually really excited about the episodic Silent Hills game by Annapurna Interactive! I think it would really fit with that format and really appreciate this studios involvement with more narrative driven games. I think it could work in setting an interesting atmosphere with possible choices.

[Sigma]

Not happy about the Bloober rumor but if Sony is indeed lending support, I can at least have hope in regards to that. Annapurna Interactive is cool though. Still im most interested in the new mainline, assuming this is all true.

Last edited:
Interesting. So the early rumours of there being multiple SH titles in the work might be true afterall...
Bloober being in charge of the SH2 remake is actually the best outcome; I would not trust them with a proper entry/sequel. The episodic project from Annapurna, if it exists, could be quite interesting. All that remains is to know what team will be handling the next SH...🤔

K2D

Banned
Here's to Bloober and the remake getting the correct financing and are actually able to create a break-out success.

SilentUser

Oh my...that's a lot of SH :messenger_grinning_sweat: Hopefully they are all good ones, would love a revival of the IP as a long time SH fan. Curiously, SH2 remake is by the least interesting, imo, even though the original remains one of my all time favorite video game.

Astral Dog

This is getting silly, just appears like there are or were at some point dozens of Silent Hills in development by 20 different companies

Next you will tell me Capcom is making the next Silent Hill game(a turn based card RPG)

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

This is getting silly, just appears like there are or were at some point dozens of Silent Hills in development by 20 different companies

Next you will tell me Capcom is making the next Silent Hill game(a turn based card RPG)
there were always multiple projects mentioned,i don't doubt konami is dumb enough to let bloober desecrate silent hill any further but to let them specially go after 2 in a remake is dumb even by their standards

jimmypython

Medium was good for what it was. But several design choices didn't work well for me. Especially, the chasing sequences failed to effectively convey what the game wanted the player to do so it became extremely frustrating....

I hope the dev improves if they are actually doing an SH game..

Last edited:
Top Bottom